Amount

Kiraling

26 Feb 2014 03:37 - 26 Mar 2014 20:48 #35634 by anonxyzus
Kiraling was created by anonxyzus
I've just posted two chapters from my first ever story, Kiraling.

Kiraling is based on Shadar's Aurora Universe and borrows several of his characters.

The story is told from the point of view of a wounded warrior whose life becomes entwined with that of super women from the stars. It is told in the first person, and explores the human/super woman relationship form the point of view of the human.
Thanks to Shadar for his advice and counsel, and for editing help.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 20:48 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface, Raa, Dru1076, ong76win2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
26 Feb 2014 08:40 #35635 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kiraling Chapters 1 and 2
And the story is now online. I hope to see more from you soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2014 22:27 #35843 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling Chapters 1 and 2
In order to avoid crowding out other stories and taking up too much space on the SWM home page Kiraling chapters are now being organized into "parts". Each part will contain one or more chapters that relate to each other, more or less.

This is being done to be more respectful of Home page space usage, but does not change the story. That's right: Kiraling is now less filling but still tastes great! (That is supposed to be a joke.)

Part 1 contains chapters 1 - 3
Part 2 contains chapters 4 - 5
Part 3 contains chapters 6 - 9
Part 5 contains chapter 13
Part 6 will contain chapters 14 - 18
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Grayface, Woodclaw, Dru1076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
26 Mar 2014 21:55 #35941 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling
I've just posted part 6 of Kiraling, chapters 14 - 18. In that section I introduced a new character named Gloria.

The story, Kiraling, had been in the back of my head and my imagination for some time before I started writing it down. As I completed each chapter or section I'd send it off to Shadar who, it turns out, is a pretty good mentor. When he read the chapters with the character Gloria, he asked me if I'd like him to write her back story. At first I declined, saying I'd rather do that myself. But over the course of time I started to think it might be a good idea, and fun, to let Shadar do that. You can find the result in Shadar's story, "Gloria", which went up yesterday.

My suggestion is that you read "Gloria" before reading part 6 of Kiraling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: veggicidal2, ong76win2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
27 Mar 2014 03:22 #35943 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling

anonxyzus wrote: I've just posted part 6 of Kiraling, chapters 14 - 18. In that section I introduced a new character named Gloria.

The story, Kiraling, had been in the back of my head and my imagination for some time before I started writing it down. As I completed each chapter or section I'd send it off to Shadar who, it turns out, is a pretty good mentor. When he read the chapters with the character Gloria, he asked me if I'd like him to write her back story. At first I declined, saying I'd rather do that myself. But over the course of time I started to think it might be a good idea, and fun, to let Shadar do that. You can find the result in Shadar's story, "Gloria", which went up yesterday.

My suggestion is that you read "Gloria" before reading part 6 of Kiraling.


Will be waiting for it to be posted. As of now, it is not yet posted here. Gloria will be in kiraling series? Wow! Hope she would be helping Joe and the other velorians.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2014 13:23 - 27 Mar 2014 13:27 #35946 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
It's up this morning. But no sign of "Gloria" in Shadar's library as of 9:25 a.m. EDT.

--Brantley
Last edit: 27 Mar 2014 13:27 by brantley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2014 13:58 #35947 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Kiraling

brantley wrote: It's up this morning. But no sign of "Gloria" in Shadar's library as of 9:25 a.m. EDT.

--Brantley


Gloria has been up here in the library since yesterday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • njae
  • njae's Avatar
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Mar 2014 16:18 #35948 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
Found it through a title search. It just hadn't shown up in his library.

--Brantley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 06:59 #36415 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling
I've submitted part 8 of Kiraling. That part takes me to the end of what I have written. There will be more, it's in my head, but I've started a new job and I don't know when I'll have the quality time I need to continue the story. But the time will come, and I will continue it.

There is something about this site's editor that doesn't like what I write. Nearly every time I post a story a paragraph gets dropped, and I have to jump through hoops to get it to post and stay there. Well, this last time, I ran out of hoops, so I put a note in the story where the dropped paragraph is supposed to be. So I'm posting it here:

Xara said, “No, that’s a planet. It will stay up there.” And then went on to explain to the kids what shooting stars are. One of the little ones asked what a planet is and she told them, and then described Jupiter for them. It sounded to me like an eyewitness description.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
09 May 2014 07:59 #36416 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kiraling

anonxyzus wrote: I've submitted part 8 of Kiraling. That part takes me to the end of what I have written. There will be more, it's in my head, but I've started a new job and I don't know when I'll have the quality time I need to continue the story. But the time will come, and I will continue it.

There is something about this site's editor that doesn't like what I write. Nearly every time I post a story a paragraph gets dropped, and I have to jump through hoops to get it to post and stay there. Well, this last time, I ran out of hoops, so I put a note in the story where the dropped paragraph is supposed to be. So I'm posting it here:

Xara said, “No, that’s a planet. It will stay up there.” And then went on to explain to the kids what shooting stars are. One of the little ones asked what a planet is and she told them, and then described Jupiter for them. It sounded to me like an eyewitness description.


Ops, sorry for not putting it online sooner, I was busy with another project that swayed my attetion.
I'll investigate the paragraph issue, but it sound really strange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 10:54 #36417 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
That missing paragraph turned out not to be missing.

--Brantley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 12:01 #36419 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kiraling

brantley wrote: That missing paragraph turned out not to be missing.

--Brantley


Who are you gonna call? :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2014 23:18 #36423 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
It's a terrific story, anyway!

--Brantley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2014 23:30 #36435 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling
I think Woodclaw must have fixed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
12 May 2014 00:22 #36437 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kiraling

anonxyzus wrote: I think Woodclaw must have fixed it.


It comes with the job description, I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2014 01:14 #36441 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Kiraling
Speaking of things that are missing, we're getting that weird malfunction in the Comments section again. Comments at the end of 08 posted by me and Brantley have disappeared, and other comments have emerge to take their place. Part of the Arion conspiracy, maybe? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2014 02:10 #36442 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Kiraling
hi, I’m aware of the problem, the comments are there but are in the wrong section of the DB, i need to work out how and why that is happening.

fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 18:51 - 29 May 2014 19:11 #36661 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling
Sorry. Double post.
Last edit: 29 May 2014 19:11 by ong76win2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 18:57 - 29 May 2014 19:14 #36662 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling
This is really a great series. I do hope this will be continued. I don't want to see it disappear and become forgotten.
Last edit: 29 May 2014 19:14 by ong76win2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 20:37 #36663 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
Ditto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 00:58 - 21 Jun 2014 01:07 #36891 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling
This is one of the great series I would love to see continued. It has great plot and story line with great description like as if I am watching a movie. Hope this is not forgotten by the author.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2014 01:07 by ong76win2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 03:33 #36892 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Kiraling

ong76win2 wrote: This is one of the great series I would love to see continued. It has great plot and story line with great description like as if I am watching a movie. Hope this is not forgotten by the author.


I know the author intends to continue it, but he's bit busy with other (non-writing) stuff at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Jun 2014 07:17 #36896 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling
It isn't forgotten, and there is more, in my head. But I've changed jobs recently and with some other family things going on I haven't had time to write. But eventually I will, and the story will continue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, ong76win2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • anonxyzus
  • anonxyzus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
22 Jun 2014 10:24 #36935 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling

anonxyzus wrote: It isn't forgotten, and there is more, in my head. But I've changed jobs recently and with some other family things going on I haven't had time to write. But eventually I will, and the story will continue.


Thank you for the reply. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2014 19:02 #37722 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Kiraling
Hello. Hope this series would be continued. I really love this series. I really am looking forward to read what will happen next. I hope I can motivate the author to continue his work. Hate to see this left hanging and forgotten.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds