Amount

Caterina Ciarcelluti, la Mujer Maravilla (Wonder Woman)

07 May 2017 20:44 - 07 May 2017 20:47 #53986 by j2001
Venezuelan anti-government activists call her 'Mujer Maravilla,' Spanish for Wonder Woman.

Recent photos of Caracas fitness instructor Caterina Ciarcelluti, 44, in a colorful motorcycle helmet throwing a stone at police during a recent protest against the government of Nicolás Maduro went viral on social media.

"Mentally I am stronger than I look physically," she told Univision.

The resemblance to Marvel's superheroine is evident in her tensed, athletic body, captured in the act of throwing a stone. But mental strength, she says, is what has kept her and thousands of Venezuelans on the streets for 30 days.

"I've been protesting since day one, so when they sent me this photo it was a surprise, but I'm glad if it has a positive outcome, so they know about us and also about the women who are leading along with the men," she explains.

In the images seen every day of protests in cities across the country many women can be seen on the front lines.

Ciarcelluti gets around Caracas on her motorcycle, wearing a helmet and a Venezuelan flag. "We have no weapons, they have weapons, they have the power," she says, referring to the harsh repression of protesters by state security forces.

www.univision.com/univision-news/latin-a...elas-street-protests

Her IG:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 07 May 2017 20:47 by j2001.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• j2001
  • j2001's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 May 2017 21:02 #53989 by shadar
T'he difference in muscular expansion and definition between images is superhuman.

A trait I always imagined for the Supremis. Kind of cool to see a camera catch it.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 May 2017 21:14 #53991 by Markiehoe

j2001 wrote: Venezuelan anti-government activists call her 'Mujer Maravilla,' Spanish for Wonder Woman.

The resemblance to Marvel's superheroine is evident

"MARVEL?"

More
07 May 2017 21:26 #53992 by j2001

Markiehoe wrote:

j2001 wrote: Venezuelan anti-government activists call her 'Mujer Maravilla,' Spanish for Wonder Woman.

The resemblance to Marvel's superheroine is evident

"MARVEL?"

Ahah. Sorry, I didn't catch the obvious mistake while copy-pasting. :laugh:

• j2001
  • j2001's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 May 2017 21:54 #53994 by LustMonster
Holy crap - this woman looks like she could single-handedly overthrow the government, in the literal sense.

She needs a comic book dedicated to her.

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds