Amount

Real life Captain Marvel

18 Feb 2019 13:05 #62902 by slim36
Real life Captain Marvel was created by slim36
Could imagine that in real life if someone manifested abilities of alien origin, management might react in unpredictable ways.  They might not that person to be in a position with much public exposure.   Can only hope that they can be successful in their next assignment.

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47219253

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Feb 2019 15:00 #62904 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Real life Captain Marvel
The U.S. Military is still result driven.
If you are in a position of command and do not measure up you will be replaced.

During the Iraq War of 2003 a Marine Colonel was replaced in the middle of a battle.
Effectively ending his career.
"It was a decision based on operating tempo," says a spokesman for the First Marine Division. He wouldn't elaborate.
They don't talk about these things to "Outsiders"
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

More
18 Feb 2019 20:46 #62909 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Real life Captain Marvel

Markiehoe wrote: The U.S. Military is still result driven.
If you are in a position of command and do not measure up you will be replaced.

During the Iraq War of 2003 a Marine Colonel was replaced in the middle of a battle.
Effectively ending his career.
"It was a decision based on operating tempo," says a spokesman for the First Marine Division. He wouldn't elaborate.
They don't talk about these things to "Outsiders"

Well in this case, they did announce it to the news and on Twitter.  But your point is taken - you can't risk lives with shaky leadership (or anything else I would think).

More
28 Feb 2019 09:50 #63003 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Real life Captain Marvel
On reddit:

I'm retired military, and I live near Shaw Air Force Base, so I've heard a few rumors. Apparently some idiot in Washington wanted a female pilot to command the F-16 Demo Team for recruiting purposes, because the movie Captain Marvel is out, and the Captain Marvel character Carol Danvers is a F-16 pilot. They thought it would be cool to have a REAL Captain Marvel flying F-16's for the Air Force. But as soon as she started the job it was apparent that she wasn't qualified. This is absolutely NOT her fault. There are many people who aren't qualified for many jobs. They put her in a position that she wasn't ready for, and she paid the price for it. www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-forc...real-captain-marvel/

old.reddit.com/r/Military/comments/apyjr..._of_command/ege4x9z/

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds