Amount

Uber Girls in anime and manga.

04 Jan 2015 02:38 #39699 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Oh wow! That's pretty awesome right there. I can't believe I somehow missed this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2015 05:03 - 05 Jan 2015 05:18 #39712 by jimbob
Used my extremely limited Japanese to try to make sense of it a little.

The heroine name is Eighth Wonder, for both of them. The mother's name is Athena, and the daughter's is Clara.

They have 7 powers (although I think the text hints at more undiscovered ones.)
1. Flight (at mach 20)
2. Strength (can lift 40 tons and shatter 100 mm thick armor plates)
3. enhanced senses.
4. Laser vision.
5. Invincible body. (Says that explosives energy beams and poison gas won't affect them)
6. Animal empathy and communication.
7. And...something generation. I can't make this one. Too many Kanji I don't know. Doesn't help that there's no picture of it.

Author's definitely a superheroine fan. He says the main reason he made it was he wanted to write about Supergirl and Powergirl but can't because he doesn't work for DC. Which is why Clara looks like Supergirl and Athena looks like Powergirl.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 05:18 by jimbob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, oldHarmonyMotion, shadar, Woodclaw, Raa, Jabbrwock, Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, erikphandel, KarkClent

More
06 Jan 2015 00:30 #39723 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Nice find! Fan Service written and drawn by someone who is also obviously a fan himself

More
06 Jan 2015 05:17 - 06 Jan 2015 05:25 #39725 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Let's wait for the second volume to be translated (?) :woohoo:

Meanwhile, I stumbled into this randomly (starting from that manga or maybe it was also posted here, I don't know, sleepy right now lol !) www.gao-subs.com/manga/sidekicks/volume_x/chapter_0/

"Even if people are born with super powers, they must serve as sidekicks of superheroes in order to become superheroes themselves. Dream Girl has the power to make people fall asleep. She is the sidekick of Darkslug, who is not a great hero compared to his reputation. One day, Dream Girl and Theo work together to get rid of villains and save the world."

Strange design (looks more like snapshots from a low budget anime, probably it's fan-made) and the story is a little odd and confused - sometimes too dark and violent and others almost comical, but at least in the early chapters "Dream Girl" shows some nice feats (flying, superstrenght, etc.) :whistle:

Ps. A lot of pages in the later chapters are cut in half or in the top/bottom, whoever posted this failed terribly ^^ (unless it was intended to be like that, but I don't think so).
Last edit: 06 Jan 2015 05:25 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Agent00Soul, KarkClent

More
22 Mar 2015 18:20 - 22 Mar 2015 18:35 #41118 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Uber Girls in anime and manga.
Some picture of from the author's Twitter about "Uchi no Musume ni Te o Dasu na!"

The more I see about this manga, the more I wish someone would "scanlate" it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2015 18:35 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jnw550, erikphandel, KarkClent

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 May 2015 02:58 #42456 by jimbob
So I brought up Fairy Tail before, and while there are some super powerful girls of course, they've recently added a new one. Or rather she's been in the anime/manga since the start but as of the recent timeskip the main girl, Lucy, previously one of the weaker girls in the series who was limited to summoning creatures to fight for her, gained the ability to use the creatures power for herself, one of which is super strength.

She's only used it once so far, and she has to don a rather silly looking outfit to use it, but here's her shattering the ground with a whip strike and grabbing a random dude and smashing him into a bunch of his pals like bowling pins.

m.mangatown.com/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c431/7.html
m.mangatown.com/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c431/8.html

Since another of her creatures has super speed, she probably has a form that can use that too, but she's yet to use that one.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds