Amount

Top 10 Underrated DC Characters

03 Jan 2018 15:17 - 03 Jan 2018 15:19 #57989 by fats
Top 10 Underrated DC Characters was created by fats
Do you agree, comment below

Fats
Last edit: 03 Jan 2018 15:19 by fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jan 2018 15:57 #57991 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Top 10 Underrated DC Characters
Powegirl is under-rated? I think we have to define the term. With her body, all those muscles, her attitude and yeah, the way she flaunts herself, not to mention her enjoyment of just using her raw physicality, underused and intimidating might be better than uder-rated. She’s no pushover.

Of course, it would be hard to find an actress who could portray her in live action. And you have to get pretty wild just to write a story with her in it. And making her costume work given current social sensitivities would be hard, but not insurmountable. I think people are just afraid of her, at every level.

Imagine how different the SG show would be with a pushy, tough and no-bullshit Pg, oozing with confidence and overflowing her costume.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Lulu, Markiehoe

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
03 Jan 2018 16:40 #57995 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Top 10 Underrated DC Characters

shadar wrote: Powegirl is under-rated? I think we have to define the term.

I think the people who made the video were defining it more as under-used or under-appreciated. Not unknown, but...well...under-known. While PG is one of our favorites, the general public is going to know Wonder Woman and Supergirl and...that's about it. I don't think her inclusion on the list is meant to indicate she's underrated in her abilities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
03 Jan 2018 20:43 #57999 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Top 10 Underrated DC Characters
This list reads like "characters that haven't been used much since DC rebirth". ALL of them had video of them being used in comic shows/movies ... that is they're loved and used. Some of them (Swamp Thing, Booster Gold) have even showed up in JLAction the most recent animated show by DC.

That's hardly under-utilized or under-appreciated. In fac,t if you talk to any older fans (30), this list is well loved and well used up till mid-2000's. I think all my older (50+) comic friends adore all the characters on this list, and we've talked about ALL of them recently.

You won't find me complaining if they use Power Girl or Zatanna more though.

Also, nerd rant:

Power Girl: "this powerful hero dates back to the Silver age is actually the classic version of Supergirl..."

The Silver Age is widely regarded to end around 1970. Power Girl Appeared in 1976, making her date back to the Bronze Age of comics, not the Silver Age.

She's also NOT the "classic version of Supergirl" as Supergirl is the classic version of Supergirl (and we now have new versions of her), Power Girl was the analog of Supergirl on Earth 2 that contains the classic versions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and the Flash. I don't think this earns her the "classic version" moniker. Those characters are the classic versions as they are the original versions (or in the case of Superman and Batman closer to the original versions). Power Girl came after, so can't be "classic".

(Supergirl was also older with a Masters Degree, with a different build than her younger bustier analog Power Girl.)

More
03 Jan 2018 21:50 - 03 Jan 2018 22:10 #58000 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Top 10 Underrated DC Characters

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: This list reads like "characters that haven't been used much since DC rebirth". ALL of them had video of them being used in comic shows/movies ... that is they're loved and used. Some of them (Swamp Thing, Booster Gold) have even showed up in JLAction the most recent animated show by DC.

That's hardly under-utilized or under-appreciated. In fac,t if you talk to any older fans (30), this list is well loved and well used up till mid-2000's. I think all my older (50+) comic friends adore all the characters on this list, and we've talked about ALL of them recently.

You won't find me complaining if they use Power Girl or Zatanna more though.

Also, nerd rant:

Power Girl: "this powerful hero dates back to the Silver age is actually the classic version of Supergirl..."

The Silver Age is widely regarded to end around 1970. Power Girl Appeared in 1976, making her date back to the Bronze Age of comics, not the Silver Age.

She's also NOT the "classic version of Supergirl" as Supergirl is the classic version of Supergirl (and we now have new versions of her), Power Girl was the analog of Supergirl on Earth 2 that contains the classic versions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and the Flash. I don't think this earns her the "classic version" moniker. Those characters are the classic versions as they are the original versions (or in the case of Superman and Batman closer to the original versions). Power Girl came after, so can't be "classic".

(Supergirl was also older with a Masters Degree, with a different build than her younger bustier analog Power Girl.)

Yeah, I also picked up on that "classic version of Supergirl" thing, which as you say, is very wrong. I'd been reading Supergirl comics for ten years before I ever heard of Powergirl. But I instantly liked her more, depending on who was writing her. Of all the incarnations of her,

I liked the last incarnation the best (World's Finest with Huntress, starting in 2012). She's accomplished, confident to an extreme, powerful, sexual to the point of promiscuous (unusual for a DC character), and kick ass.

I didn't like how that run ended, but at its peak, it was excellent writing and great art, albeit not her classic costume. But they kept blasting holes in her costume that more or less replicated the original costume. After all, she tended to lead with her chest when it came to getting blasted. If you're going to stop a missile, what better place. My kind of super girl.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 03 Jan 2018 22:10 by shadar. Reason: Added pict
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Artnico, Ravens_ghost, Markiehoe, TwiceOnThursdays

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds