Amount

Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

25 May 2014 16:44 #36598 by JessP
Hi guys!
I have a really good excuse for not being around much lately: JT and I have started our own production company!
We've wanted to get into producing Superheroine videos for a long time and we've finally taken the leap!
We'll be announcing some pretty exciting stuff in the near future right here, but for now, we really, really need your input.
I'm just gonna go ahead and ask a bunch of questions regarding Superheroine videos; feel free to answer as many or as few as you want. Any opinions you guys have are greatly appreciated!
The only ground rules are: No sex, no nudity, the girls always win, and most of all, NO PERIL OF ANY KIND! (We're never gonna budge on that)
1. What's the most important thing you look for when deciding whether or not to buy a Superheroine video.
2. What price range are you comfortable with? ($1 per minute?)
3. How important are costumes?
4. What superpower do you want to see most? (Super strength, heat vision, etc.)
5. Is there any one thing that would make you NOT want to buy a video?
6. How important is the story when purchasing a video? (Would you rather just see action?)
7. Are you more interested in a continuing series, or stand-alone videos?
8. Do you prefer to see Superheroines fighting each other or regular people?
9. Would you define your love of Superheroines as a genuine fascination with super-powered woman, or something more of a fetish?
10. Are you interested in fan-driven stories?
11. What site do you think produces the best Superheroine videos? (The Superheroines, Kick Ass Kandy, PSW, etc.)
12. Are you more in to good girls or bad girls?
13. Are you interested in "bonus" content? (Photo sets, behind the scenes clips, etc.)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamelmann, bionicskillz, fats, Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2014 17:33 - 25 May 2014 17:39 #36599 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
1 A beautiful, sexy Superheroine that does heroic things
2 $1 per minute
3 Costumes are VERY important
4 Way above average human ability, nothing to over the top
5 Foul Language, and crude behavior is a huge turn off as is facial piercings and tattoos
6 Action and story go hand in hand
7 Stand alone videos. I like to pick and choose
8 Superheroines fighting Supervillians
9 Fascination and general appreciation of women in general
10 No
11 Cult Retro
12 Good girls
13 Yes

I could not make it through any of your previous videos because of the crass language and actions of your character Jess however you are quite attractive and I would love to see you play a super self confident good girl!
Last edit: 25 May 2014 17:39 by Markiehoe. Reason: addition
The following user(s) said Thank You: JessP

More
25 May 2014 20:17 #36600 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

JessP wrote: Hi guys!
I have a really good excuse for not being around much lately: JT and I have started our own production company!
We've wanted to get into producing Superheroine videos for a long time and we've finally taken the leap!

First of all congratulations! :laugh:

JessP wrote: We'll be announcing some pretty exciting stuff in the near future right here, but for now, we really, really need your input.
I'm just gonna go ahead and ask a bunch of questions regarding Superheroine videos; feel free to answer as many or as few as you want. Any opinions you guys have are greatly appreciated!
The only ground rules are: No sex, no nudity, the girls always win, and most of all, NO PERIL OF ANY KIND! (We're never gonna budge on that)
1. What's the most important thing you look for when deciding whether or not to buy a Superheroine video.
6. How important is the story when purchasing a video? (Would you rather just see action?)
9. Would you define your love of Superheroines as a genuine fascination with super-powered woman, or something more of a fetish?
11. What site do you think produces the best Superheroine videos? (The Superheroines, Kick Ass Kandy, PSW, etc.)
13. Are you interested in "bonus" content? (Photo sets, behind the scenes clips, etc.)

1. To be honest I tend to buy on a feeling basis, so I can't really help you here
  2. 1$ a minute seem to be the reasonable price as far as I know
  3. A while ago I started to skid away from classic costumes (i.e. lycra/spandex stuff) in fouvr of more heavy duty and semi-realistic costume. I still like a old style costume done right, but it's not a deal-breaker
  4. Powers aretricky business, the usual Kryptonian stuff is a time-tested classic that would work most of the time, but I would liek to see you going behind that and trying something different
  5. Excessive gratuitous cruelty, it's simply pointless for me
  6. The story is key, an action only video is meaningless
  7. I would much prefer a continuing series, if possible, with some stand alone tossed in on a regular basis to help the pace
  8. Whatever the plot dictates, if it's a good plot
  9. I think it's more fascination, although sometimes it skid in the fetish territory
  10. In my experience fan-driven story tend to go south very fast, unless there's a strong central control, but I would love to be fan-written stories
  11. I think PSW
  12. Neither and both, I prefer to judge characters based on their motivation and characterization, rather than the general good vs evil meter. Since I know that you've played Mass Effect, I think that my meter is more on the Paragon/Renegade scale
  13. Not so much (mostly because of wallet concerns)

More
25 May 2014 21:03 #36603 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
I'm not exactly the kind of guy that spends a lot of money on these films, but I'll try to answer nonetheless.
1. Hm, it's a mixture of the plot and the superpowers displayed. And in this case the kind of previews that are available influence the decision.
2. 1$ per minute sounds ok I guess. As I said I'm not the kind to spend much on this.
3. I'd say costumes are utterly unimportant to me. What's more I'm no fan of the kind of video that takes a Supergirl costume, changes the logo and sells this as a new heroine.
4. Personally I'm a fan of flying (more the hovering type instead of high over the city actually). Of course super strength is always nice if done well (throat lifts become boring after a while...)
5. Anything that breaks the suspension of disbelief like high heels on a treadmill to demonstrate super speed.
6. That depends on how you define action. Having a bank robbery being stopped by a randomly appearing superheroine doesn't need too much explanation while a more story-driven approach like a woman testing out her new powers just after receiving them would allow a different angle. Personally I tend to be more focussed on story in most cases.
7.Tricky question. On the one hand a good storyline would be a plus that allowed to explore the character a bit more, while on the other hand, if the storyline doesn't hook me up right away the same will apply to later installments. Maybe the typical starting episodic before going into a longer arc way would be best here too.
8. Both have their advantages. But if it's a battle between supers then it should really look like one instead of two women dressed in costume trying to beat each other. This might be a bit problematic budget-wise.
9. I'm not really sure where the difference lies between the two. I'd go with genuine fascination with superpowered women, the other sounds too focussed on the heroines in costume part...
10. What do you mean with fan-driven?
11.Only tried Cult-Retro so far
12. Good girls, but a good story would need both - or at least a morally grey one.
13. Not really actually.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
25 May 2014 21:10 #36604 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

supian wrote: Not bothered - can always view / download free if you know where to look B)

See Faq's especially number 9

9. Any forum rules?

Yep! Foremost is be respectful and courteous to your fellow members. It amazes me how many douche bags lurk behind IP addresses. Just be fucking nice, people! Anyone being a total a-hole will be warned and then subsequently banned. Don't mind good discourse and conversation, but keep it civil!

Also, being a very 'specialized niche', there isn't so much content out there. In our space, there are a handful of pay-content providers like the Steeles and ProjectSuperwoman (see links section), that help to fill that void buy producing content for purchase. Please do not cannibalize their content by reposting it here without their permission. Support them or don't support them, but at least respect them!

People have been banned and will be banned for breaking this rule.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 May 2014 21:12 #36605 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

njae wrote: 5. Anything that breaks the suspension of disbelief like high heels on a treadmill to demonstrate super speed.

Although one can argue that watching a video about any kind of superhuman feat already breaks the suspension of disbelief, I have to agree on this point. There's a careful balance between impossible and implausible that is central to these videos. A person lifting a tank is downright impossible and none will ver try it, so it doesn't bother me as much as seeing someone doing a perfect high-kick with 8 inches heels.

More
25 May 2014 21:48 #36606 by harrycane
Replied by harrycane on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
1. Quality of the special effects. Looks of the girls. Specific superpowers featured
2. $1-2 per minute
3. 7 out of 10
4. Superbreath
5. No superbreath :-)
6. Not that important, I like the action bits
7. Stand alone is fine
8. fighting regular people
9. I am not sure if there is a real difference. But I'd say it's a kind of fetish for me.
10. Yes
11. PSW
12. Both, big fan of Supergirl and Ursa! :-)
13. Not necessarily

Thanks for this very good initiative! I'll be happy to see more non-peril content in the future! :-) Good luck!!

More
25 May 2014 23:15 #36607 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Wow! Thanks for your continued awesomeness! (and honesty!)
I've already noticed a few points we haven't considered!
A few more details:
  • We are hard at work on a Superheroine-centric web series that will most likely debut on Vimeo for free. We're in the early stages of production right now, so it's a little ways off.
  • We have a solid arsenal of VFX capabilities available to us, however we WILL scrap any shot that doesn't turn out. (I've seen too many otherwise good Superheroine videos ruined because of this!)
  • We have a cast of 6 actresses who will be portraying our Superheroines. (Including me!)
  • I've spent HOURS talking with lfan about this project, so if it bombs, blame him. :)
  • We obviously can't do this for free, but we are doing everything possible to keep the cost down for you guys.
  • The main villain will be played by William Shatner.

Attachment shat.jpg not found

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, dauntingmold, Dru1076, fats, Markiehoe

More
26 May 2014 00:16 #36608 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
This is very good news! Can't wait to see what you guys come out with.

More
26 May 2014 03:00 #36611 by elnovo1234
Replied by elnovo1234 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
1. Secret identity superheroine transformations. Superheroines wearing their costumes under their street clothes. Great effects.
2. 1$ per minute its ok
3. Very important
4. Super strength
5.No secret identity transformations.
6. Some plot its fine
7.Continuing series
8. Regular people and super villans
9.Genuine fascination with super-powered woman
10. Yes
11. PSW
12. Good girls
13.yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Supergirlfan

More
26 May 2014 05:15 - 26 May 2014 05:19 #36612 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
My opinions in red.

We'll be announcing some pretty exciting stuff in the near future right here, but for now, we really, really need your input.
Her looks and outfit and the types of powers she displays.
That's fine by me but I just hope the episodes aren't longer than 10 mins each release.
Very. Superheroine costumes are great but I much rather see sexy leather type costumes and high heels.
Super strength, speed, hearing and sight á la Bionic Woman, pleeeeease
Lots of blood and gore
Somewhat but mainly the action
Lean towards stand alone but in the end it doesn't matter that much
Want to see props added in films and see the girls wrecking other things besides people
It's definitely a fetish
I'd love to contribute as a fan! I draw ya know
I made most of my purchases on Kick Ass Kandy which is odd since there really aren't feats of strength in there videos but they do have hot ass kicking girls that I bionically enhance in my video editing software :) I also love The Superheroines films. They have a legion of hot women working for them and great production values. I also like Bluestone Films but HATE the violence against the girls in the films. Again they have amazing actresses.
BOTH!
That's cool. Selling other stuff at a cheaper price point can bring in more cash flow for the site.

This is excellent news Jess! Especially with Shatner involved (FYI - he was in an episode of Six Mil $ Man. See the connection?) and I can't wait to see what's in store. I draw remember:

This image is hidden for guests.

Last edit: 26 May 2014 05:19 by bionicskillz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Markiehoe, JessP

More
26 May 2014 07:52 #36613 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Cool colors on that pic, man! :P

This image is hidden for guests.

[/quote]
The following user(s) said Thank You: rueda09, Dru1076, bionicskillz

More
26 May 2014 08:23 #36614 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Frst off this sounds exciting and good luck on this.

but to give you feedback upfront.

hard to say. I haven't bought many web videos-i guess what tends to do it is well, a sence of having fun. A sence of either joy or action-or just something that feels heartfelt.

1. I would cap at 15 if its not a feature.

Decently but bad dime store costumes kind of turn me me off- we live in a world with really good costumes in movies and on the web-what i would like is something as good as something you whould see at a comic convention. Light well.

I could be open here-i will say this something clever with these-or something you don't expect- is what i would like to see.

well done action though-good practical effects done well i think would be a real turn on.

Your list of things you don't want i think would most likely be a deal breaker.

If i was purchasing a video extremly important. Plot and don't forget character-a sence of someone with a life who you care about is vital for any kind of movie. you need that. Humor helps i think a lot, but obviously not manditor.

I would go stand alone(but see bellow)

Mix it up. It would be intresting to see a 100 man fight as they call it in a trade(i e fighting groups)

Love of the concept.

Fan of AC comics

Well told characters.

I like listening to audio comentaries and making of videos on normal DVDS, but not something i would pay for-but if they wherepart of the package sure.

One point about this-and this is something i have thought a lot about a bunch-what kind of video i would really like to see is--well a movie. A feature film-over 80 minutes long. Now this may sound impossible-but well its as long as a 5 or six videos of this. Instead of doing videos for a couple of hundreds you could do it for thousands. There is also a much bigger market for feature film then a short video-i can't say you would make more money but i think you could make something-there are for lack of a better words normal people who would pay for this. the market for low budget movies wasn't what it was even 10 years ago but it does exist-and low budget action-well you could do that. And its not as much work as 5 or 6 videos-in terms of special effects etc its probably less(though its a lot of work)

however in any case i have a fair amount of experience working in indie films and if you need advice or guidance i would be happy to give it-if your filming in LA i would be happy to volunteer. As i have said before-i am an optioned screenwriter and either on a script for a feature or a short i would be happy to work with-i am good at things like dialogue etc-so well help.

agian this is a great thing and i wish you all the luck in the world however

More
26 May 2014 09:25 #36616 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
First off this is great news, really look forward to some films where the girl wins !!
1 . Quality and production values, and who wins (won't be a problem in this case as I know the girl will)
2. If the quality and production are good I'll buy it no matter the cost.
3. Very important, the costume has too look good, it influences my view of the quality.
4. Super strength, invulnerability, other powers are nice but those are the main two for me.
5. The only thing would be what you've already said your not going to do.
6. I prefer a story
7. Continuing series
8. Both, but I like to see the super easily defeat a normal person without trying.
9. Fascination of a super powered woman, and the fact it's hardly ever done in mainstream.
10. Yes, but if you go for a continuous storyline, I think you need only one or two people writing, rather than lots of fans
11. Everyone brings something. The costumes from The Superheroines, the fights and attitudes from Kick Ass Kandy, the SFX from PSW.
12. Both, but a bad girl has no limits, and that is exciting.
13. Yes, I like BTS, it shows the humour and how scenes come together.

More
26 May 2014 12:59 #36619 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
I'm sure you can't get into anything X-rated, but it's a given that superheroines are a sexual turn-on for most of us. Evelyn York has appealed to our fantasies in "Paul" and other stories. Her "Fit for a Supergirl" is the most popular story of the past couple of years at my site, with more than 8,000 downloads.

www.infinitybridge.net/othervoices/paul.htm

www.brightempire.com/Katie-orders.htm

www.brightempire.com/fit.htm

www.brightempire.com/Evelyn.htm

There was a Japanese superheroine movie a few years ago that featured some bullets-and-boobs action.

kommunity.kickasskandy.com/viewtopic.php?id=460

--Brantley

More
26 May 2014 13:20 - 26 May 2014 13:21 #36620 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

JessP wrote: The only ground rules are: No sex, no nudity, the girls always win, and most of all, NO PERIL OF ANY KIND! (We're never gonna budge on that)
Does the actress look good as a superhero? Not just beautiful, but does she wear it well?

I'm a bit more flexible. I think a dollar a minute is reasonable; however, I'll pay more if the product is worth it.

I feel there needs to be some effort put into the costumes. If you're going to wear Supergirl, don't wear a thick, white bra that can be seen underneath, etc. Not expecting a nipple party, just make it look professional.

Good invulnerability. I've seen this done so many different ways and most of the time it just looks BAD. Some good examples, IMO, are: Hulk (Ang Lee's), The Machine, Man of Steel. A close second would be a good super speed scene that doesn't involve just running from A to B.

I'm pretty easy to please. Price would be the biggest factor. Overly gory would be the another. (That's two things. :p)

Semi-important. I'd be okay just cutting straight to the action, but a little back story never hurts.

Either would be fantastic. Maybe a little of both?

I prefer as little superheroines on the screen as possible. I like to have the one girl who is better, faster, stronger than everyone around her. Regular people make that a bit easier to pull off.

Definitely more of a fetish.

There are a lot of great writers on this forum so I think it would be a shame if their talents weren't put to good use. (Is that what you mean?)

They all kind of miss the mark for me. PSW has the best concepts. The Superheroines have the hottest girls. Kick Ass Kandy is just short on super powers.

Not into villainess types. Good or even neutral is fine by me.

I don't usually buy the extra content if it's offered on other sights.

Last edit: 26 May 2014 13:21 by jnw550.

More
26 May 2014 14:16 - 26 May 2014 14:26 #36623 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
I finally found sometime to fill out the questionnaire. Hope this helps!

The first thing I look for is whether there will be any decent displays of power.

It depends on production values. For a decent quality film I'd be willing pay good money.

Not nearly so important as what is done by those wearing them. Jeans and a T-shirt work for me. It's no good having a $3000 custom super suit with gold trim if there's no action.

Invulnerability. Not just against punches and blunt force, but against bullets and heavier weapons. Another example I'd personally like to see one of your girls stopping a vehicle (car/tank) by just letting it collide with her. Tricky to do though...

With the question of peril put to bed already, the one thing that would make me NOT want to buy a video from you guys, after reading your comics, would be the sudden and total destruction of the world.

I engage better with the action if there's a good story...if the superbabe has good reason to kick some ass it makes it much more fun to watch it happen.

I'd love to see you guys make a live-action series along the lines of Retribution. I would definitely pay for that! (I'd love to see Wicked take on the army in the comic too, btw)

Well...to be honest I prefer to see them fighting normal people, but not just randomly killing civilians. Two superheroines fighting is, well...just a catfight.

Pleading the fifth on this one.

You mean like fanfic? It very much depends...I'll take the easy road here and just say: If it's good stuff.

I'm guessing it's going to be called "Heather Effect Pictures", or somthing like that.

Good girls. Hehehe. I'm not fooling anyone who's read my stories by saying that. No...I like the naughty girls.

Yea...I'm one of the nerds who learnt what "forced perspective" was by watching how they made Frodo look so damn small. I gotta confess, I am interested in that stuff. Blooper reels are good fun sometimes.
Last edit: 26 May 2014 14:26 by Dru1076.

More
26 May 2014 16:38 - 26 May 2014 16:39 #36624 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Let me, if I may, break form by talking generally rather than sticking to your questions.

(At the end of this long posting there will be a couple of points other fans and producers might want to respond to.)

I think in terms of the general content style of the video, you should pick what you're comfortable with yourself and stick to that. Some fans will want extreme peril, some won't. Some fans will want nudity, others absolutely won't. Some will want the heroine to be defeated, others will want to see her win. Some fans prefer a woman villain, others aren't bothered. You can't please everyone, and I doubt there's a sizeable majority in any given camp -- go with what interests you.

In terms of superpowers, I know there's a clear market for super strength. You can see this in the followings for the Bionic Woman and She-Hulk. So adding a few acts of super strength into your video probably won't hurt sales. I've noticed a lot fan videos aren't particularly inventive on this score; the heroine will throw the goons around or bend a rubber pistol, but nothing more. Steal a few ideas from 1970s tv superheroines: all it takes is a jack and a carefully placed camera, and your heroine can be lifting the rear end of a get-away car with one finger.

As for costumes; I think the thing to avoid is looking like the outfits were purchased at a Halloween/party costumiers. I know the iconic pre-Crisis Supergirl and Wonder Woman costumes are popular with many fans (many producers use them as a template), but I suspect it is more about the quality of the costume than its design. The best costumes in the business are made by the Japanese producer, Giga. Sadly they are up the very extreme end of the adult content spectrum, but they seem to have much much bigger budgets to spend on their videos. I can only assume there's a big market for heroine videos in Japan.

The problem with 'story' is that fans who are buying to get a fix of a particular type of 'action' just see it as unnecessary filler. So if you're going for the out-and-out fetish market then the smart thing might be to minimise plot. That said, I'm a big fan of supporting storylines and think they are probably the only way that superheroine videos will ever break out of the narrow 'fetish' market and into a wider market of comicbook fans in general. But, of course, all that extra footage must cost!

This brings me to the two points I want to make. It seems to me that our little superheroine fan community could benefit from breaking out further into a wider (perhaps, less overtly fetish) audience. Assuming this is a good idea, how might we make it happen..?
  • The obscene amount of money Giga are able to spend on each of their productions (judging by their web site and production blogs) suggests there's a big market for superheroines in Japan -- but how to break into it..? (Would non-adult videos sell?)
  • (I've spoken of this with Random of PSW...) television is slowly moving onto internet platforms like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku, that deliver on-demand streamed video to your TV. Some of these, like Amazon and Roku, are open to anyone to develop a 'channel'. It wouldn't take much to have a subscription or pay-per-view based "Superheroine TV" channel on Amazon or Roku that delivers non-copyright-infringing content (eg, no "Supergirl" or "Wonder Woman") from one or multiple producers. As the usage of these smart-tv boxes grows in future, this might bring superheroine fan video to the attention of a mainstream audience that might not otherwise see it. (???)

R5
Last edit: 26 May 2014 16:39 by five_red. Reason: Typo

More
26 May 2014 17:53 #36625 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
1. A mixture of things. The superheroine has to look good as a heroine, but I also like content where she uses her super powers.
2. Price really depends on video length. $1 a minute seems fine for a 5 minute video, but for some of the longer videos, this might be problematic. For instance, the "Hybernation 2" video part 1 from PSW goes for close to 19 minutes, and costs close to $8. But it would also depend on video quality.
3. Costumes are pretty important. For a Supergirl-type character, there can be some costume variation, but I prefer that she at least start out caped (excepting a transformation scene where we get to see her put on her boots, skirt, and cape). For nonperil, I prefer that Supergirl be caped as long as she's in costume. I also prefer the old Mary Marvel outfit (as in the attached photo) over the new Mary Marvel outfit. But it is character-dependent. I'd want a cape for Supergirl, but I wouldn't expect one for a Bionic Woman character.
4. For preferred super power use, I like flight, though its hard to go wrong with the whole Supergirl power set (flight, heat vision, x-ray vision, super speed, super breath, super strength, invulnerability to bullets, general invulnerability,...). I also like variety. I might get bored if each episode featured all the super powers mentioned above, but I might also get bored if an episode featured none of them.
5. Nothing springs to mind, though I'm not crazy about the dialogue on a lot of the videos on the superheroines.net site. Don't really care much for the superheroine masturbating herself, either.
6. The story is fairly important, but it depends on expectations. If I know that its a standalone, 5 or 10 minute video, the story doesn't have to be the main thing. But if its part of a series, there should at least be some storyline to move the series forward. This can be fairly simple, though (as with the "Superior Girl" series at new-goddesscinema). Ideally, action and story should be connected. For instance, a disguised Super Girl could discreetly use her x-ray vision to observe her opponents. But if she's captured, don't have her use her other powers until after she's transformed.
7. I'd say a little of both. Have some series, but also some standalone films. Also, vary the film length.
8. Superheroines can fight each other, but they can also fight other beings who have powers (magicians/sorcerers, for instance), or they can fight thugs. They can also battle elements of nature or beasts or monsters. A lot of episodes in the Fleischer Superman cartoon series had him fighting monsters, beasts or forces of nature. As for the distinction between monsters and beasts, I'd say with monsters, there is human involvement, but this isn't true of beasts.
9. A little of both.
10. Define "fan driven". Does this just mean that a fan came up with the idea? Or does it mean something else?
11. I like PSW for girl power sites. But this is partly because their site has a lot of gorgeous redheads (and I love redheads), and partly because they come up with interesting stories while still having decent effects. Otherwise, Bluestone's Supernova series is good. Also, NGC (next global crisis) does a good job with coming up with superheroines with a wider range of super powers (Erica Lynn can split herself, Angel is a mind controller, and Miss Freedom was able to deflect bullets, use super breath, and fly). One weakness of girl power sites is that they often use Supergirl powers exclusively, rather than having some variation.
12. I prefer good girls. I love the thought of a superheroine flying in to save the day (assuming she can fly, of course).
13. Yes, I'd be interested in bonus content.
A few other comments. For one thing, have a variety of superheroines, since you have several (6, was it?) actresses. Not sure if this means have one actress play one heroine, or if it means have a variety of actresses play a variety of heroines (for a series, I prefer one actress plays one heroine). We could have one actress play Supergirl, another play Mary Marvel, another play Bionic Woman,....
Also, define peril. If we're talking about sexual peril (rape) or having the heroine get her ass kicked for most of the film, or being turned bloody, then I agree, that's not good. But she should have some difficulties, occasionally, I think. Otherwise, there wouldn't be much drama in the film. Also, having the heroine win against long odds or in the face of difficulty makes us root for her. But, she should be able to figure out a way to win (either by using her powers or by figuring out a weakness of her opponent), showing that she can be smart, as well. Also, does it count as peril if her powers stop working, but she's alone? For instance, if she tries to fly, but can't, is that peril? Love to hear more on these things.

More
26 May 2014 21:56 #36628 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Super strength feats, beautiful girl in skirt, nice (dominate) attitude or shy attitude :)
15-20$
I preffer superheroines in her regular outfit (skirt, sexy...).
Super strength, super hearing, super sight. But super strength (both arms and legs) is the BEST.
Girl too thin or not beautiful.
I appreciate a good story.
Continuing series all the way.
Regular people. I want superheroines using her strength in real life, in front of simple human, showing strength...
Genuine fascination with super-powered woman
Maybe.
PSW, cute women and nice effects. Need more arms strength though.
Both, but preference for bad girls.
Sure, why not.

More
26 May 2014 23:11 - 26 May 2014 23:15 #36629 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Thank you all for your continued awesomeness!
Here's a few stills from one of our videos that's already completed.
Say hi to the beautiful and deadly Angela DeMarco!

Attachment LineageCollage.jpg not found

Last edit: 26 May 2014 23:15 by JessP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, dauntingmold, Dru1076, fats, Lulu, Markiehoe

More
26 May 2014 23:40 #36631 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
That looks pretty Awesome. Do we have any kind of Release date?
I won't hold you to it.

More
27 May 2014 01:20 #36634 by berkshirelad2012
Replied by berkshirelad2012 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!
Looking forward to seeing your clips and stories..you little ask jess series was fun so i think your productions will be fun and exciting too :O)

1. A reasonable story line and an attractive superherione
2. $1 a minute seems reasonable to me
3. Well you can't beat boots and a cape
4. I love the super strength stuff...especially when some one gains powers they didn't have to begin with
5. Erm ....I'm not into the peril stuff but you've already stated against that so no...i'd buy it all
6. I think believable dialog is important which i think goes hand in hand with a decent plot
7. I like both
8. I don't mind a superherione scrap if its done well, but if it looks like to normal people fighting in costumes then i falls a tad short, do like a superhuman vs regular human fight though, helps you appreciate the superness of it all
9. Bit of both i suppose...superhuman's are always entertaining, a superherione is a whole different type of amazing
10. not really.
11. superheriones.net was always good quality and the women were stunning, with decent effects...its just not very consistent when it comes to releases and that's being polite
12. I like a bit of both, they both offer different avenues to explore, i do love a transformation though (ie someone gaining superpowers)
13. No not easpecially...the clip is normally wow enough for me

Thanks for asking our opinions too.

More
27 May 2014 06:45 #36636 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

JessP wrote: Thank you all for your continued awesomeness!
Here's a few stills from one of our videos that's already completed.
Say hi to the beautiful and deadly Angela DeMarco!

Attachment LineageCollage.jpg not found

That demonstrates beautifully that the ubergirl can look badass without running around in a cape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 May 2014 15:45 - 27 May 2014 17:06 #36639 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Let's Talk About Superheroine Videos!

The look and confidence of the superheroine and, of course, no peril
$1.00 a minute
The sexier the costume, the better. However, a confident, almost cocky attitude would trump it
Super strength, invulnerability, and super speed as she dominated a number of opponents at once.
Peril. of course.
Personally, I would like to see a lot of action around a loose plot (like taking down the mob)
Probably just stand alones
Regular people
Never really thought about it like this. I guess both.
Not sure what this means. Probably no
They all have their merits. However, the one that gets closest to what I'm looking for is Kick Ass Kandy
Good girls with a hint of bad. As she is stopping you, she will let you know how much stronger she is than you and how foolish you are to try to oppose her.
Yes. Photo sets would be cool.

Last edit: 27 May 2014 17:06 by jdrock24.

More
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds