Amount

SWM Closing?

18 May 2005 16:50 #1207 by admin
SWM Closing? was created by admin
In the light of the poor response to the request for nominations for awards, and the lack of posts on these forums lately (depite the number of registered members now being above 500), we are considering pulling the plug on SuperWomenMania.

admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 May 2005 17:19 #1208 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I really hope you don't close these forums! It's so much fun and they also make it easier to keep up with the goings on in the community. I would hate to see another good idea go away. :(

More
18 May 2005 18:49 #1211 by batteries
Replied by batteries on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I think it would be a bad idea to pull the plug on this forum. you got to give it a chance to take off (theres a pun in there somewhere)

A lot of people will just be lurckers for ages before the start to post

give it a little longer and theres always the option of a free froum then it wouldn't cost you any money to keep it up

More
18 May 2005 19:30 #1212 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I agree with Ultragirl. I would really hate to see the forums go the way of so many others.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
18 May 2005 20:00 #1213 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: SWM Closing?
Yikes! :shock: I hope that's a liquid lunch talking.

But I can see where you're coming from. There could be more activity on the forums -- two interactive stories appear to be dead in the water -- and now the appeal for "SWiMmie" nominations hasn't generated much response.

C'mon, people -- SWM is an unpaid "labor of love." Admin doesn't ask for money, or even thanks -- just some evidence that he isn't throwing his efforts away into the cybervoid.

I urge everyone reading this -- especially those who have not yet posted on these forums -- to take just a few moments to do at least one of the following:

* Vote in the poll above. (Even a vote to close the forum will show that someone is reading and responding!)

* Make just one SWiMmie nomination. Got a favorite picture of Mandi? Can you think of an ubergirl-themed story you enjoyed? Tell admin!

* Post a few lines somewhere on the forums. If you can't think of anything "on-topic' to say, introduce yourself on the "Who Are We?" forum. (Judging by the active posters, we're a pretty nice bunch of people, despite the peculiar nature of our fantasy lives!)

* If you've read any of the stories in the StoryBank, pick one and post a few words of feedback -- "Great story, Uberbabefan! Hope you'll write a sequel!" Authors, like site administrators, are glad to know that their efforts are reaching an audience. (Indeed, we're pathetically easy to please in that respect!)

So c'mon, everybody -- clap for Tinkerbell!

Argonaut

More
18 May 2005 21:11 #1217 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: SWM Closing?
OK, I understand few responses due to apathy or laziness or just not checking the forums regularly, but WHO is the jackass that voted to close it?? (waves flaming torch in hand)

LF

In the light of the poor response to the request for nominations for awards, and the lack of posts on these forums lately (depite the number of registered members now being above 500), we are considering pulling the plug on SuperWomenMania.

admin.

More
18 May 2005 21:45 #1218 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: SWM Closing?

OK, I understand few responses due to apathy or laziness or just not checking the forums regularly, but WHO is the jackass that voted to close it?? (waves flaming torch in hand)

LF

Just a guess, but --admin, maybe?

More
19 May 2005 00:27 #1220 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: SWM Closing?

WHO is the jackass that voted to close it?? (waves flaming torch in hand)

Just a guess, but --admin, maybe

Not guilty, guys. I haven't voted yet.

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 May 2005 00:52 #1222 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I vote to keep the forums up and running.

I know I don't have much to say most of the time, and I can't quite finish any of my stories to share, but I still check in regularly, and I'm glad these forums are here. I'd like to see more activity, too, but even a few posts per day on the forums are better than no forums at all!

YAGS

More
19 May 2005 09:46 #1227 by marknew742
Replied by marknew742 on topic Re: SWM Closing?
Since I just started posting a few weeks ago, I suppose I'm partly to blame.

I admit that philosophically I'm in the "I wish there was just one big forum" school. It used to be DtV, but now there's that somewhat dying venue, plus She Grew this too. I like all of them and, whether I like or not, it seems that each one brings out a slightly different group of readers and writers. none of which I want to let go of.

So, admin, whoever you are, don't pull the plug yet. You're contributing something important to our little community and I plan to contribute back.

Mark

P.S. But June 20th isn't much time. Can we extend 1.4 for a couple more weeks?

More
19 May 2005 10:09 #1228 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: SWM Closing?

June 20th isn't much time. Can we extend 1.4 for a couple more weeks?

It's June 3 0th, Mark.

And admin, don't pull the plug. People like me need outlets like this.

(I agree, however, that the lack of nominations is a disgrace. Come on, you lazy ****s!)

More
19 May 2005 13:29 #1233 by lfan
Agreed! Hope admin doesn't pull plug....would be two homes I've lost in as many months! :P

As homework, maybe to help generate interest and votes, some of the diehards who have posted here can post/spread the gospel re: the SWIMMies and the forum in general to their "other groups" -- e.g. Transvigor, DTV, XtSt, Shegrew.com, etc.

I know this won't increase the amount of activity (just subs), but at least would give us more ping pong balls in the jar.

C'mon people, get off your arse!! It only takes a few minutes to do and just a cut and paste job!!

LF

June 20th isn't much time. Can we extend 1.4 for a couple more weeks?

It's June 3 0th, Mark.

And admin, don't pull the plug. People like me need outlets like this.

(I agree, however, that the lack of nominations is a disgrace. Come on, you lazy ****s!)

More
19 May 2005 14:51 #1237 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I guess I'm partly to blame for not posting as much as I have in the past. I just haven't had time lately due to being on the road alot with my job. Even when I have been home, I'm usually too busy to sit down and read a story for an hour or two.

Anyway, enough of my whining. Please don't shut the forum, I wouldn't like to lose this site and Ubergirls in the same few months.

Thanks.

More
19 May 2005 15:15 #1238 by lfan
JD! You're alive!!! :lol: Hope all is well with you, my friend!

LF

I guess I'm partly to blame for not posting as much as I have in the past. I just haven't had time lately due to being on the road alot with my job. Even when I have been home, I'm usually too busy to sit down and read a story for an hour or two.

Anyway, enough of my whining. Please don't shut the forum, I wouldn't like to lose this site and Ubergirls in the same few months.

Thanks.

More
19 May 2005 17:26 #1242 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: SWM Closing?
LFan,

Check your Private Messages.

JD

More
19 May 2005 18:37 #1243 by lfan
Right back atcha!

LF

LFan,

Check your Private Messages.

JD

More
12 Aug 2005 03:51 #2089 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: SWM Closing?
Please don't close the site. I just heard about this today.
I've been whittling in a corner since ubergirls went down.
I'm overjoyed to see a new hub form for the genre.
I would have started one m'self soon enough, I think it's such
a good idea.

Much appreciated to the admins for their patronage of this art.
I'm still looking around. I'll post more, I promise! Just give me
a minute to settle in :)

No worries, I'm reformed. Kinda gentler 'n stuff, honest.
-White Paw

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
13 Aug 2005 03:01 #2102 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: SWM Closing?
you're closing the site???!!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

why!!??!!

Slow traffic doesn't mean no traffic!!!
some of us have jobs that don't exactly facilitate posting on swm every day!!!!

c'mon, please, give us a chance
please

More
13 Aug 2005 03:19 #2103 by red wolf
Replied by red wolf on topic Re: SWM Closing?
Please don't! Captain Irishman told me of this site a couple of days ago!

BTW Captain...nic pic. :twisted:

More
13 Aug 2005 03:35 #2106 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: SWM Closing?

Please don't! Captain Irishman told me of this site a couple of days ago!

BTW Captain...nic pic. :twisted:

thought it summed up me feelings alright :D :D (picture =1,000 words and all that)

but seriously lads, the place hasn't been around long enough for word to spread, just cos we assume that all the regulars who visit the same sites we do know about this place doesn't mean that they do
and I know we're askin' for trouble with trolls, spammers and shite if we over-advertise this place but give it a chance
Rome wasn't built in a day, wonder woman wasn't released on dvd for ages and helen slater's equal will be a long time coming
give it time
please
just a little time
please...
we can't expect a quality community of like minded people to suddenly 'pop' out of the ether into a fully formed clique

we can't just drop in an discuss our deepest supergirl fantasies in a heart beat (or confess that mandi steele dressing up as wonder woman knocked our socks off) within the first 5 posts.......we need a wee bit of time :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

More
13 Aug 2005 10:28 #2108 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: SWM Closing?

picture =1,000 words and all that

..but not for the purposes of the SGI Workshop 2.1, folks! :lol:

More
21 Mar 2006 01:25 #4989 by 2dan
Replied by 2dan on topic traduzir alguem porfavor
Nao entendo nada de ingles e gostaria muito estar tirando duvidas sobre o site e todos os de forum pois estao me excluindo e nao sei porque,pois se cometer algum erro dentro do site me descupe e falta de informaƧao porque sou totalmente leigo neste sites de forum e essio ai se alguem poder me explicar eu digo desde ja muito obrigado e mesmo se nao me ajudem obrigado por ter lido minha duvida e a primeira vez que me comunico em sites deste tipo,valeu

More
21 Mar 2006 05:20 #4990 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: SWM Closing?

admin.

No dont close the forums! I just started to make my big come back! I know I know I'm still not in a position where I can post every day and just be a total forum whore, but I promise that day isnt to far off.

More
21 Mar 2006 17:21 #4995 by WhitePaw
Replied by WhitePaw on topic Re: traduzir alguem porfavor

Ship I understand nothing of groins and gostaria muito to be throwing duvidas on or site and all you of forum pois estao me excluindo and ship sei because, pois be to committed algum I err inside gave site me descupe and lack of informaƧao because sou totally leigo neste sites of forum and essio ai itself alguem to be able me to explain eu I say since ha muito obrigado and mesmo itself ship me ajudem obrigado by lido minha duvida and to primeira time that communicate em sites deste type, valeu

Yeah. What <the computer thought> he sed. :roll:

Welcome back, GFace! Good 't C ya!

More
24 Mar 2006 14:59 #5030 by kaorg
Replied by kaorg on topic Re: SWM Closing?
I've voted to not close the site. I, like many others I expect, find it a great placeto "discuss" our common interest (that came out cleaner than I was expecting :/ ). I, myself haven't done lots of posting partly due to nerviousness/slight embarassment/lack of talent but I very much appreciate all the time and effort that the morphers, writers and admin put into making SWM what it is.

In closing....

Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't Close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds