Amount

Project Pink

03 Jun 2011 07:37 #23394 by jnw550
Project Pink was created by jnw550
Shade, a notable artist and friend of the genre is opening a XXX, membership bases site for his art.

His words:

"The site will evolve and go in whatever direction the subscribership wants, so if they respond heavily to one thing, like muscle babes, then I'll do more of that."

Now I know muscle babes isn't everyone's thing here, but I think you get the jist of what I mean here.

He's also doing a series of commissions for me that I will post at my DA page.

If you need a reference, he did my avatar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jnw550
  • jnw550's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2011 12:19 #23400 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Project Pink
Shade has quite a reputation around here, some users (ElF and Sarge in primis) commisioned him some works in the past. Unfortunatly for any good thing I heard about his work, there were also various complains about how long it took him to finish. I know that quality takes time, but not that much time.

More
03 Jun 2011 21:36 #23411 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Project Pink
I don't how often you've had commissions done, but I've never had one take less than a month to complete. Some of the better artist have a que that is quite long.

• jnw550
More
03 Jun 2011 23:19 #23413 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Project Pink

jnw550 wrote: I don't how often you've had commissions done, but I've never had one take less than a month to complete. Some of the better artist have a que that is quite long.

I admit I never commisionned anything personally (my founds are low already). I was just reporting some complains that appeared on this and other sites in the past. Still I admit that Shade's work is usualy of amazing quality.

More
03 Jun 2011 23:54 #23414 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Project Pink

Anon wrote: I admit I never commisionned anything personally (my founds are low already). I was just reporting some complains that appeared on this and other sites in the past. Still I admit that Shade's work is usualy of amazing quality.

Did someone say "quality of work"? Check out the front page blog ("1035!") for a little sampling of Shade's work! He's got some skillz!

ElF

More
04 Jun 2011 00:35 #23415 by jnw550
I actually questioned him about that, and though he took some fault for it, there is always two sides to every story.

We've talked a few times and he's a very cool dood.

• jnw550
More
04 Jun 2011 00:55 #23416 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Project Pink
While sometime I did experience some "lag" with his commissions, he's pretty open and upfront and willing to take ownership of delays (if memory serves, he did a free cover for me to make up for it). Also, he's VERY easy to get in touch with (once you do business with him) so there should be no surprises. I stand by my previous recommendation of him for anyone entertaining the idea...

ElF

jnw550 wrote: I actually questioned him about that, and though he took some fault for it, there is always two sides to every story.

We've talked a few times and he's a very cool dood.

More
04 Jun 2011 00:58 #23418 by jnw550
You just have to stay on top of him. Plus, he's on facebook 24/7 it seems, so I just hit him up there.

• jnw550
More
04 Jun 2011 19:30 #23427 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Project Pink
It wasn't just the long lag, it was the total disrespect when I politely questioned him about the status of the project. My caution to all would be to pay half up front and half when complete. While I was waiting for my commission to be completed he accepted and finished others customers ahead of me. I had prepaid for the whole thing. The first pages looked good in my opinion but the later pages seemed less detailed and rushed since we were not on good terms. It is in the gallery here.

As a final insult he published my full name 'unintentionally' as a way to possibly try to anger me. It was quickly taken down by the admin back then but the glove at that point was off. That was my experience.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 Jun 2011 23:48 - 04 Jun 2011 23:56 #23431 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Project Pink
There are artists that are great, and artists that are fast. It is very hard to find one that is both.
TGK is one that is, but then you get to another part of the equation, artists that are cheap, and artists that are expensive. It is unlikely that you are going to find a great, fast cheap one, so you have to decide which things are the most important to you.

No one here questions Shade's skills. If you have ever seen any of his works, they speak for themselves.

You also have to look at it from the artists' side. If they spend their time doing a commission of a left handed super Asian girl crashing a giant potato over a dork's head, they are out their time and if you don't then pay for it, chances are they will not be able to sell it which is why they usually want full payment up front.

One of the nice things about being a repeat customer is that if the artist has done a good job for you in the past, you don't worry about sending them your money because time after time they have turned out
terrific work (in most cases better than I could have imagined it).

I think it is always wise to listen to the voice of experience (in this case Sarge) as you will never have time in your life to make all the mistakes yourself. It is probably a good idea when dealing with a new artist to go with 1/2 up front and then rest on completion of the work (unless they also work as fly by night roofers chasing hail storms in which case your money is gone).

Years ago, I think It was my dad that told me, "Generally, you get what you pay for."
Last edit: 04 Jun 2011 23:56 by ace191.

More
05 Jun 2011 01:22 #23433 by jnw550
I have had commissions done, by more than one artist, and not all will accept half up front and half later. As a matter of fact, the only one that did was Jebriodo. The other three artists wanted their money up front.

As far as Shade goes, he has always treated me well and has consistently delivered top quality work. He is very easy to get a hold of and is more than happy to keep me in the loop about the status of my commissions. He was very up front about who was ahead of me and how long it might take. Just like anyone else, he's learned his lessons.

I didn't start this thread to open up a mudslinging contest. Like I said, there are two sides to every story. Also, as I said, I've never commissioned art work that didn't take at least a month or longer. I've also had artists finish other commissions ahead of mine. For some of these artist, it's not their only means of income and some even have families, so they manage their time accordingly. As long as I get the work, and quality, that I paid for, then I'm okay with that.

If you want to see what kind of work he is capable of, then visit my DA site. Because I'm allowing him to post future commissions for his pay site, I also get a discounted rate.

Anyway, keep on the look out for American Steele and Lin having fun the only way two superhuman girls can!

• jnw550
More
05 Jun 2011 19:50 #23447 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Project Pink

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

My latest project from PoserHobbitt II. Great guy to work with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, steelknight3000, inactive

• Sarge395
More
15 Jun 2011 00:18 #23619 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Project Pink
Any news on this Project?

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds