Amount

10 comic females that should have their own movie

06 Oct 2011 09:10 #24949 by lfan
Neat rundown from Newsarama:

www.newsarama.com/comics/female-superher...d-movies-111005.html

Interesting who they included -- and who they omitted...

Elf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2011 14:09 #24951 by Woodclaw
I can't see the list, only the article.

More
06 Oct 2011 14:13 #24953 by njae
There's a link in the article that leads to the actual list.

www.newsarama.com/comics/female-superher...movies-111005-1.html

More
06 Oct 2011 19:55 #24955 by www1969
They've obviously done their homework, and I like how they explain their choices. It's like ten mini-pitches. Still, the real-world reality is that studios don't believe female-driven comic stories will draw enough people to the theaters -- and there's a considerable amount of evidence to support that theory.

More
06 Oct 2011 20:25 #24956 by lfan
Frankly, I'd settle for a Ms Marvel appearance in the Avengers movie... :P

Seriously, I think the best formula/concept would be Birds of Prey. They really screwed the pooch on the TV series, but the concept is sound, and I think it would be attractive to a studio for a pitch. Of course, WW is a no-brainer but that seems destined to be in limbo forever....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2011 20:46 #24957 by njae

www1969 wrote: ...and there's a considerable amount of evidence to support that theory.

That reminds me of a series about a teenager that learns that he/she isn't exactly human (anymore) and has a love interest whose father happens to be the leader of an organisation that fights the race the main character now belongs to. The main character also has a mentor of the same race, but soon learns that there's a reason why their race is hunted.

This description matches both the Teen Wolf reboot and The nine lives of Chloe King, but it should be obvious which one was cancelled and which one renewed.

More
06 Oct 2011 20:55 #24958 by lfan
Good point...it also reinforces the point that you can put a hour-long show on MTV of someone taking crap and it will be an instant hit and/or pop-culture phenom! I miss the day when they played videos....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2011 22:52 #24959 by Woodclaw

njae wrote: There's a link in the article that leads to the actual list.

www.newsarama.com/comics/female-superher...movies-111005-1.html

Thanks.

I've checked the list and well, I agree with some suggestions, but others really doesn't work for me (Question in particular, I'm too used to Vic Sage to ever stomach Montoya).
Overall the point is always the same: is there any studio able to - or even willing to - create a decent superheroine based movie? Apparently no. Which is very funny considering that they keep leaking rumors about new productions involving semi-obscure characters (Warner considered a serie based on Raven as a spossible successor to Smallville, while Marvel is evaluating a serie based on Mockingbird).

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds