Amount:

New layout

03 Feb 2014 23:59 #35422 by fats
Replied by fats on topic New layout

five_red wrote:

www1969 wrote: Is there a way I can control the contrast between text and background on my computer? On the forum and stories, what I see is very light grey text against a bright white background, which is so hard to read I have to figure it's something unique to my settings or else others would have commented on it by now. The only practical way I have to read the stories is to "select all" and then ready the bright white letters against a dark background.

Nope, same here. The text default text colour (assigned to <body> in the CSS) is actually above mid grey (#9399A1). The text colour for the editing <textarea> is slightly below mid grey (#6E6E6E). So yes, it's very washed out. If you hack the CSS to make both values Black (#000000) the site becomes a lot easier on the eye.

R5

Fixed

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: www1969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • Away
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
04 Feb 2014 02:29 #35423 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic New layout
Tons better, thanks! I didn't want to sound like I was complaining. The overall work you've done on the new layout is just fantastic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
04 Feb 2014 03:33 #35425 by oogber
Replied by oogber on topic New layout
Looks great! I think simple is best. It's all about the content :)

More
04 Feb 2014 13:47 #35428 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic New layout

fats wrote:
Fixed

Fats

Y'see what I like about this site is constructive criticism gets listened to. A lot of other places they'd just say "tough".
:)

R5

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/

More
13 Feb 2014 22:29 #35513 by www1969
I hate to come across as the only one whining about this, but the text has reverted to the original light grey. I figured someone else might have mentioned it Am I really the only person who struggles with the contrast between the background and text?

More
14 Feb 2014 00:16 #35514 by fats
Replied by fats on topic New layout
hi all,

www1969 the issue with the colour has been a BIG annoyance, the site recompile the CSS files every 4 days and reverts back to the gray, there is no reason why that should do that, I've asked a question of the template developer but for now what I need to do is to manually edit the css file every time the template changes back.

Once there is a permanent solution I'll put that in place.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
14 Feb 2014 08:08 #35515 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic New layout

www1969 wrote: I hate to come across as the only one whining about this, but the text has reverted to the original light grey. I figured someone else might have mentioned it Am I really the only person who struggles with the contrast between the background and text?

Unfortunatly there light grey text is a feature of the developer, every time there's an update from the developer it returns.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

More
14 Feb 2014 15:44 #35522 by www1969
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Now that I know it's an issue you're working on, I'll stop whining about it.

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds