Amount

Rachel Stevens

16 Nov 2009 18:33 #17480 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Re: Rachel Stevens
Maybe I should have been a bit clearer with my last comments. I don’t have any problem with people making ‘violent’ pictures and stories. Like I said above, I can appreciate GeekSeven’s skill at morphing and writing (he’s far better at both than me!) and I do like some of his work. I just wanted to try and keep that sort of images out of this thread, Rachel is one of my favourite celebrities and I just can’t see her acting like that.

I’m not a crybaby, and I’m not offended by a gory image or story. I have no problem with anyone posting whatever they like, not matter how bloodthirsty it is. That is just not the sort of thing I’m interested in. If I don’t like a picture or story then I’ll just not bother looking at it. If it’s in a thread with other pictures I’ll just skip over it.

Thank you for your pictures GeekSeven in this thread, they are very good especially the strawberry one. You’re not fooling yourself, your stories have become a lot less gratuitously violent, even just looking though the Superior Girl series the difference is obvious. Keep writing and morphing however you want to, it may not be always to my tastes but a lot of other people here love your work and I would hate to think I had spoilt it for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Highlander
  • The Highlander's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2009 18:41 #17670 by The Highlander
Here’s a picture of the finale of Rachel’s charity show, lifting a DC10 aircraft over her head. She’s having to put a bit of effort into this lift, (about the same as a normal person would lifting a 15Kg sack), then again the DC10 does weigh over 100 tons!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• The Highlander
More
06 Dec 2009 18:51 #17671 by The Highlander
As a final treat for you here’s a morph I made using GeekSeven’s beam tutorial, showing Rachel’s solution to one of the problems of having superpowers. Being completely invulnerable means that it impossible for someone like Rachel to get a manicure by normal means. So she simply has to do it herself using her eye beams.

This is the last morph I'm going to do of Rachel (for the moment anyway). Now I've had a bit of practise at making morphs I'm got to have a go at making some pictures of some of my other favourite female celebrities. If I can find good picture to use of course.

• The Highlander
More
08 Dec 2009 04:20 #17677 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Rachel Stevens
Nice work, especially the eyebeams. I like that color.

More
08 Dec 2009 20:24 #17679 by The Highlander
Glad you like it!

That’s actually my second version of the eyebeams, the first one I did I used a red colour for the beams. Only when I was nearly finished did I realise my mistake!

• The Highlander
More
05 May 2010 17:18 #18968 by The Highlander
Here’s something I have been meaning to get round to for a while, and have finally managed to finish, a little picture of Rachel showing off one of her workout weights.
“I still like to exercise every day, just to make sure I stay flexible and in shape.”

Incidentally, the plates on that bar are 1.5 meters high, 150mm thick, made from depleted uranium and weigh over 4800kg each! With the addition of the bar, the total weight is over 80 tons!

• The Highlander
More
05 May 2010 18:09 #18969 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Rachel Stevens

Here’s a picture of the finale of Rachel’s charity show, lifting a DC10 aircraft over her head. She’s having to put a bit of effort into this lift, (about the same as a normal person would lifting a 15Kg sack), then again the DC10 does weigh over 100 tons!

Wait, she has to strain to lift more than a hundred tons? That seems kind of weak for a supergirl.

I guess I've just been spoiled by reading stories elsewhere online where supergirls casually toss around billions of tons.

More
05 May 2010 19:14 #18970 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic Re: Rachel Stevens

Wait, she has to strain to lift more than a hundred tons? That seems kind of weak for a supergirl.

I guess I've just been spoiled by reading stories elsewhere online where supergirls casually toss around billions of tons.

Well, to be fair, she had to put a little bit of effort into it so she might be better now having actually lifted it.

And you've seen, she's got an 80 tonne weight that she hasn't had a problem with, she'll get stronger with time. She'll probably be lifting more by the time she's done more training and whatnot. :P

More
05 May 2010 22:40 #18973 by The Highlander

Yes she IS a lot weaker than most of the superwomen on this site and deliberately so. I am not a big fan of the stupidly powerful ‘I can lift a mountain with one finger without even feeling it’ sort of superwomen that are so common around here, mainly because the stories tend to end up as little more than descriptions of (often violent and bloody) destruction. So I set the power level of my characters (well, and my fantasies about famous celebrities) a lot lower. Of course, they are still super strong (in this case able to lift a few hundred tons), just not as over the top as some.

• The Highlander
More
05 May 2010 23:43 #18977 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Rachel Stevens
I agree with Highlander ~ if everything is effortless for a heroine it's really not much fun.

I like see that "I'm really trying" look when they lift something of a larger size.

A car ~ maybe like a gallon of milk.
An airplane ~ maybe like a 45 LB plate.
A planet ~ yea ~ maybe ~ they're going to be pushing for a while.

...maybe I think it's like "progressive power steering." Where the "superness" assists more and more as the weight gets heavier. There is always effort, feedback, and resistance ~ it just doesn’t often overcome the hero.

More
06 May 2010 00:52 #18979 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic Re: Rachel Stevens
Since we are talking about it, I don't mind it either way. The 'No Limit' heroines are the ultimate guilty pleasure, destructive or otherwise, and the other heroine that overcomes the giant weight of something after much work.

So yeah, Racheal lifting a plane one handed would be nice (and she probably could) but the other way is fine by me too. As long as they can show off that strength as much as possible, I'm a happy guy. :D

More
06 May 2010 22:38 #18991 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Rachel Stevens
I don't mind either. "Limitless strength" characters have a certain appeal as well though.

More
08 May 2010 17:53 #19005 by The Highlander
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind ‘Unlimited Strength’ characters sometimes. But like I said, the big problem with that sort of character is that stories involving them invariably end up as little more than a series of descriptions of the character lifting/smashing things, which gets very boring very quickly.

Most stories are about struggle and overcoming difficulties, and if someone is all powerful then there is little opportunity for any of this. That ‘s why my favourite GeekSeven story is Skylark, the only one which contains any real courage.

• The Highlander
More
28 Dec 2015 10:36 #45841 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Rachel Stevens
I've finally gotten round to making a new Rachel Stevens picture, hope you all like it.

After a ten year break Rachel is back touring with her S Club 7 bandmates, including performing at Glasgow's SSE Hydro. However before the show Rachel decides to pose for her fans in front of the arena, while effortlessly lifting the group's 25 tonne tour bus with one hand. For some reason the display proved very popular!

• The Highlander
More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds