Amount

Girls Aloud

15 Feb 2012 00:18 - 15 Feb 2012 00:19 #26221 by The Highlander
Girls Aloud was created by The Highlander
As some of might know I am a slight fan of the British Pop star Nicola Roberts (ok, massive fan!), however she was originally part of a pop group called ‘Girls Aloud’. While I have made some morphs of Nicola in the past, it occurred to me that I have sadly neglected the rest of her bandmates. Therefore, I decided to put together this small selection of pictures to rectify the imbalance.

First up we have Girls Aloud’s resident blond bombshell Sarah Harding. While on a trip to the countryside she was felling a little bit excitable and decided to take the opportunity show off. Spotting some roadworks she wandered over and picked up one of their 30 ton tipper trucks, posing while lifting it over her head with one hand. I hope the workmen she borrowed it from didn’t mind too much!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Next up is Girls Aloud’s Irish songstress Nadine Coyle, here seen taking some time out during a trip to Glasgow to pose with a local tourist coach on her shoulder. That should make for a good photo op for the coaches’ former passengers!

This picture of Geordie superstar Cheryl Cole was taken while on a recent holiday in Italy where she ran into some of her fans who asked if they could take her photograph. Cheryl agreed immediately, and to make the picture more interesting she picked up a nearby car and posed with it over her head. Getting the balance right was a little tricky, but Cheryl’s got plenty of experience with lifting awkward objects, and of course the weight of the car is totally insignificant to her. Her fans were or delighted with their picture.

In addition to her singing and presenting careers Bradford beauty Kimberly Walsh also has a lucrative sideline in super heavy haulage. While it’s normally not practical for her to move the loads herself (since they tend to be rather large and awkwardly shaped) she often helps out moving the trucks and trailers around, especially in confined spaces. Here’s a picture of Kimberly manoeuvring a 44 ton ballast truck into place, ready for it to start pulling some heavy load.

And finally we have a new picture of the one and only Nicola Roberts. While on a promotional tour for her latest single Nicola decided to take a little time off to visit a nearby quarry and have a bit of a work out. This photo of Nicola hefting a bulldozer with one arm was taken by one of the workers; its weight is little more than a warm up to her powerful muscles.

Last edit: 15 Feb 2012 00:19 by The Highlander.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, steelknight3000, JKIJ, eJm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Highlander
  • The Highlander's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2013 22:09 #30477 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Girls Aloud
Girls Aloud 's recent performance at the Royal Variety Show featured some unusual props. The girls performed their hit song 'The Promise' on stage at the Royal Albert Hall, with each member balancing a 1.5 tonne mini road roller over her head!

"We want to show off our strength and dexterity" explained Nicola Roberts from the band. "So we came up with the idea of holding something heavy over our heads while we were singing. Originally we going to use something considerably larger like a 50 tonne railway shutter. Unfortunately we quickly realised there wouldn't be space on stage for the five of us to perform while holding something as large as that. And besides," Nicola added with a laugh, " the stage crew had enough difficulty reinforcing the stage to take the weight of the rollers. There was no way they could have made it strong enough to take an extra 250 tonnes!"

The following user(s) said Thank You: eJm, Ravens_ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Highlander
  • The Highlander's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds