Amount

Jennifer Aniston

26 Sep 2005 17:12 #2722 by Will
Jennifer Aniston was created by Will
I've seen a number of enhancements of Jennifer with Supergirl sized muscles and I think she'd make a wonderful Supergirl. It'd be fun to see her leap in the air from that apartment balcony in Friends, and to see her land in the background on the balcony...cape flying in the air...and change at superspeed and walk into the apartment as if she'd been there all the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2005 20:30 #2735 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
While certainly not to the point I'd toss her into yesterday's garbage, Jennifer never struck me as the bombshell everyone sees her as.....

In the VERY early stages of Joel Silver's WW production, her name was being thrown around alot in rumor mills of playing the Amazon Princess -- even to the point where I vaguely remember her being asked and saying "she'd love to"

While not my fantasy girl, though, certainly a nice choice, and I agree with Will --- better cast for Sgirl than WW....

LF

I've seen a number of enhancements of Jennifer with Supergirl sized muscles and I think she'd make a wonderful Supergirl. It'd be fun to see her leap in the air from that apartment balcony in Friends, and to see her land in the background on the balcony...cape flying in the air...and change at superspeed and walk into the apartment as if she'd been there all the time.

More
26 Sep 2005 21:26 #2737 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Wow...great woman to pick...next to me of course :D Friends is a great show...and a relationship between Rachel with the strength and powers of Supergirl and a geek like Ross would be incredible. I remember one episode when Phoebe came to a costume party dressed as Supergirl. Imagine Rachel showing her the real thing!

More
27 Sep 2005 00:00 #2743 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Are you the "Paul" Evelyn?

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
27 Sep 2005 03:08 #2745 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston

Are you the "Paul" Evelyn?

ohmygosh...
*holds breath*

More
27 Sep 2005 03:26 #2747 by Evelyn
Yes, I wrote the "Paul" stories.

More
27 Sep 2005 10:57 #2752 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
I thought so.. You probably don't remember me. I used to go by Zignme.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
27 Sep 2005 12:46 #2755 by Evelyn
It's a bit hazy. Did you like the stories?

More
27 Sep 2005 14:20 #2757 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Evelyn already IS super.

More
27 Sep 2005 14:46 #2758 by Evelyn
Thanks! :D I try!

More
27 Sep 2005 14:50 #2759 by Evelyn
And wasn't this supposed to be about Jennifer Aniston, rather than me? She's a woman I admire greatly, if only for having had Brad Pitt.

More
27 Sep 2005 15:19 #2761 by brantley
Well, you DID contribute a lot to SLEEPING BEAUTY, even if you got too bogged down in your day job to actually write more than a draft of one chapter. That whole shopping spree scene was YOUR idea. Don't know if you followed the discussion at AU Readers, where people came up with sundry things that Alex and Charmin could shop for.

More
27 Sep 2005 15:48 #2762 by Evelyn
Well, like Jen, I do enjoy a bit of style.

More
27 Sep 2005 18:02 #2763 by brantley
Maybe you could turn your style to writing again.....

--Brantley

More
27 Sep 2005 18:22 #2764 by Evelyn
Any suggestions? Maybe something on Will's Jennifer Aniston/Friends premise? I like the more down to earth themes. Goings-on on another planet or in space don't appeal to me that much. Jennifer/Rachel as Supergirl is an interesting premise. Anyone agree?

More
27 Sep 2005 18:23 #2765 by angels
Maybe you TOTALLY should...
The first chapter of Paul was one of my favorite stories. Just the description of the moment when he first realizes who she is... so well done.

More
27 Sep 2005 18:46 #2766 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
For the benefit of us newcomers to the "genre," where can these stories be found?

More
27 Sep 2005 18:47 #2767 by Evelyn
Thanks. Please tell me...what did you enjoy the most? I've gotten so many good reactions to the story.

More
27 Sep 2005 18:50 #2768 by Evelyn
I'm not sure where the story is on-line now. The series was based on my life when I was 16, and a bf I had at that time.

More
27 Sep 2005 19:30 #2770 by brantley
I think the story has bounced around several different sites, but it's now available at Infinity Bridge:

www.infinitybridge.com/othervoices/paul.htm

As to why we like it? Guess it's stuff like bullets-and-boobs combined with a kind of down-to-earth, aw-shucks attitude on the part of the heroine. Like flying to Mars and stuff was no big deal.

About the same time you were working with me on SLEEPING BEAUTY, some other writer plagiarized "Paul," changing the names of the characters but keeping the rest almost word-for-word. Maybe it was somebody at Xtreme Strength, or some other subdomain at Diana the Valkyrie. The guy added one or two chapters, I think and then faded away.

I remember you hadn't continued the story yourself because you didn't want to resort to the AU gold gimmick, and you couldn't figure any other way for Paul and Evelyn to have, er, safe sex.

More
27 Sep 2005 19:51 #2771 by Evelyn
Well, I like to have the stories a little more "down to earth" literally than most writers. The gold rule seemed a bit contrived. Not all parts of the body should be literally invulnerable. Under the gold rule, how would you get your hair done? Waxing anywhere would certainly be out of the question. Maybe it would be different, but a supergirl should do pretty much the same things as a normal girl, only more so.

So I like to stay away from space and prefer to see stories set in real places like apartments, tropical beaches, riding stables, restaurants and offices. That minimizes the number of artificial rules, and makes the story more like real life. And would we all like to see our stories happen in real life?

More
27 Sep 2005 19:57 #2772 by angels
There was so many good things that went with such a simple and down to earth premise. I liked that everyone in the family knew and interacted with that and you wrote the responses so well for how a typical suburbia family that most of us have would react to having a supergirl in their midst. It was a high schooler story and you wrote precisely like a 16 year old high schooler would think... then added the super to it. I'm rereading it now to add to this list, but I liked the small-town feel of the setting since that hit home quite a bit to my upbringing, not to mention the humanity you bring to the character since for all intents and purposes, she was human until that summer.

"I’m not sure if it was the shock of finding out who I really was or if it was the realization that he had dumped me, "

And that right there is my favorite part.

I could go on forever... I just hope you start writing again. The friends thing would be a great way to kick it off again or jump in on one of the interactive stories... either way, good to see you again!

More
27 Sep 2005 20:15 #2773 by brantley
There was once a story called THE FARMYARD, by Starfox, that had kind of the same feel to it. It was also posted at Infinity Bridge. But Starfox had it taken down because he didn't think it was any good. A shame.

Then there are promising stories abandoned by their authors, like WAIFS AND ESTRAYS by WordMouse (who's still around at AU Readers but rarely posts) and PERSEPHONE by Pallas Athena (who seems to have vanished; I think Tarot Barnes was the only one who had any real contact with her.). I'd love to have run them at THE BRIGHT EMPIRE if they'd been finished.

More
27 Sep 2005 20:25 #2774 by Evelyn
Well, I'll be happy to start writing again, time permitting. Maybe all of you can help me with some illustrations. I worked with Sharon on the first couple of stories, wrote a few of my own about what would happen if Princess Diana became a superwoman. As fate would have it, it was almost exactly at the time of her fatal accident. So, those stories were suddenly inappropriate. I wrote one about Monica Lewinski taking her revenge against the Washington DC set. It wasn't that good.

Teenage supergirls are so easy to write because the world is so simple at that age. I remember exactly what it was like and the excitement and disappointment of boys and relationships. Imagining myself as a sixteen year old girl who suddenly becomes Supergirl is very easy. Of course it would change everything, and you just might succumb to the temptation to use your superpowers for a little bit of harmless (and not so harmless) fun. And of course, now you look incredible in anything you wear. Every time I think of that scene I remember the feeling of anxiety and anticipation the first time I went to the beach with a mixed group (i.e. m/f)of friends and wore a string bikini for the first time.

So I like the stories as realistic as possible and a little on the sweet side - as if Disney was going to make a movie of it - well not quite that sweet.

More
27 Sep 2005 20:33 #2775 by angels
I remember the Monica Lewinski one and enjoyed it for the reasons you described - it was light and fun and with characters we knew (whether in the public eye or they hit a personal note). Did you ever do a second part to that one?

What are some of the other ideas you've been working on? If anything this is definitely the forum to get some fantastic feedback.

More
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds