Amount

Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn

03 Dec 2019 03:45 - 03 Dec 2019 03:51 #65767 by slim36
The episode of Bear Grylls and Lindsey Vonn adds some insight to the personality formed by high pressure physical training from an early age.    This is a few years old, but possibly similar to  women trained to be warrior/protectors superheros from an early age.   Its probably expected that the drives and personalities of those trainees might be somewhat different from the vast majority.


www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-37...ild-Bear-Grylls.html

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 03 Dec 2019 03:51 by slim36. Reason: photo
The following user(s) said Thank You: guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Expert
  • SWM - Expert
More
03 Dec 2019 06:51 #65768 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn
Lindsey is very interesting given she was raised to be extremely competitive and athletic and to never give ground to anyone, especially men. 

But my test re: SWM thinking, when it comes to real-life women, is always to answer one question:

If I had the ability to grant one woman Kryptonian-grade powers, who would have the skill and ability to use them for the most good, yet also be unlikely to allow the power to go to their heads?

Lindsey Vonn, for all her talents, would not make my short list.  

Shadar 
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2019 01:24 #65788 by Myndi
Replied by Myndi on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn

shadar wrote: If I had the ability to grant one woman Kryptonian-grade powers, who would have the skill and ability to use them for the most good, yet also be unlikely to allow the power to go to their heads?

Lindsey Vonn, for all her talents, would not make my short list.  

Shadar 


Who would then? That's a lot of power to get and have fun with!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2019 18:16 #65798 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn
The people training these superwomen need to do some careful screening before letting loose a pretty powerful force in the universe.    Would they have a force of Internal Affairs agents to reel in a "loose cannon?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Expert
  • SWM - Expert
More
05 Dec 2019 19:32 #65799 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn

Myndi wrote:

shadar wrote: If I had the ability to grant one woman Kryptonian-grade powers, who would have the skill and ability to use them for the most good, yet also be unlikely to allow the power to go to their heads?

Lindsey Vonn, for all her talents, would not make my short list.  

Shadar 


Who would then? That's a lot of power to get and have fun with!


That's a fair question... if we limit the possible answers to actors, models, athletes and other public figures (I've known a couple of women in my private life who could qualify), the key is someone who is trained to use their body in powerful ways (so they can master using superpowers, which I would assume is a very challenging process), and they have the kind of nurturing and compassionate nature that would make them a natural heroine, working only to improve the lives of others. Like stopping wars and criminality and saving us from natural disasters, etc. Classic DC Comics hero stuff. 

And yeah, it would be nice if she was gorgeous too. Beauty can be another superpower, and beautiful and compassionate and kind but with Kryptonion powers would be over the top. 

Lindsey obviously qualifies famously for meeting the physical requirements, but she's a loose cannon otherwise. 

Here's my rather unusual candidate. Her name is Daniela Pestova and she used to be a top model, but maybe not so well known today. She speaks many languages and is comfortable in different cultures, she is known to be a kind soul who is never arrogant or selfish, caring more for others. And she's in wicked shape for a supermodel, especially later in her career. And she's definitely got the looks. Czech by birth, back before the Wall fell, she lived and worked across Europe before settling into more domestic life in the USA. 

She also looks pretty good on a beach...





Shadar

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2019 00:50 #65800 by Myndi
Replied by Myndi on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn

slim36 wrote: Would they have a force of Internal Affairs agents to reel in a "loose cannon?"


WHO ARE YOU CALLING A LOOSE CANNON?!?!? YOU --- oh wait, sorry silm36, sorry, I misread the question.  Ha ha ha...

shadar wrote: Here's my rather unusual candidate. Her name is Daniela Pestova and she used to be a top model, but maybe not so well known today. She speaks  many languages and is comfortable in different cultures, she is known to be a kind soul who is never arrogant or selfish, caring more for  others.


She is very cute and beautiful and looks like she could save the world in her own way. She's a mom too! So she has Superkids!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 05:01 #65809 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Personality of super athlete Lindsey Vonn
If you know the superwoman could either vaporize you or swat you into a cloud of pink mist would highly prefer a good natured smiley personality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • SWM - Expert
  • SWM - Expert
More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds