Amount

Kari Byron

07 Apr 2007 00:10 #8933 by Grayface
Kari Byron was created by Grayface
You know the red head from MythBusters. She's smart and hot! She'ed be a good guy fer sure, but I wont hold that against her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_Byron

www.fhmonline.com/articles-1276.asp?cnl_...d=46&idx_id=1276

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Grayface
  • Grayface's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2013 13:56 - 16 Aug 2013 14:01 #32688 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Kari Byron
In this episode of Mythbusters, Kari helps Adam and Jamie by "going long", while Grant and Tori need Kari to give them a lift.

Adam and Jamie tackle the Hollywood myth that cars driven off a cliff inevitably burst into flames upon impact. The camera pans out to reveal an abandoned rock quarry with stair-stepped walls. An old car is parked pointing towards the cliff. Adam is standing next to the car as he applies a brick to the accelerator and releases the parking brake. However, the car unexpectedly begins to roll towards the cliff, as Adam struggles to run along side and shift the automatic transmission into drive. The camera shows the car roll off the edge of the cliff, only falling to the first step below. Hardly the results they were looking for.

Next, Jamie decides that a better way would be have Kari lift the rear of the car off the ground with the car in drive while Jamie applies the brick to the accelerator. The camera shows Kari in a tight t-shirt and jeans, stooping down to grab the rear bumper with one hand before casually lifting the rear wheels about a foot off the ground. Jamie sets the brick on the accelerator, then hurriedly jumps out of the vehicle.

"Whenever you're ready Kari!" shouts Jamie. Kari replies, "Car exploding after driving off a cliff in THREE, TWO, ONE!" Then she lowers the car to the ground and it heads towards the cliff. However, in his haste, Jamie forgot to release the parking brake and the car goes off the cliff barely clearing the car from the first attempt.

Disappointed, Adam and Jamie then decide that the best way to test the myth would be to just let Kari throw the cars off the cliff. Two more vehicles are prepared. The first one will be launched without explosives. The camera shows Kari holding a sedan over her head with one arm while her other hand is resting on her hip. A quick close up shot of Kari as she smiles for the camera and gives a little wave to the viewers.

When everything is ready, Adam gives Kari the go ahead. "OK Kari. Fire at will." Kari jogs a few steps towards the cliff, arches her arm back much like a javelin thrower before launching the car into the air. The camera pans back to show the car sailing through the air, flying approximately three hundred feet to the opposite side of the quarry before crashing in a cloud of dust, but no explosion. Another camera shows Kari standing on the edge of the cliff with her hands on her hips and a satisfied look on her face. Adam walks up behind her and says, "Well Kari, there was no explosion so it looks like this myth may be busted." "I agree", says Kari. "Myth busted!"

The second car is prepared with explosives in order to recreate the Hollywood version. This time, the camera shows Kari actually lifting the car. She approaches the drivers side door, stoops down to grab the vehicle with her left hand and tilts it over onto its two right side wheels. She then reaches under the car with her right hand and casually lifts it overhead as if it were made of styrofoam, all the while smiling pleasantly for the camera.

"Ready when you are!" intones Jamie. Adam gives Kari the signal and she once again tosses the vehicle into the air. The camera shows the car sailing through the air for almost 10 seconds. This time the vehicle flies all the way across the quarry floor and into the wall on the opposite side, where it explodes into a massive red fireball. The camera shows Adam and Kari rejoicing and giving each other high fives. The slow motion replay shows Kari, still smiling, as she effortlessly heaves the vehicle skyward. Several different camera angles show the car's majestic arc through the air and then the resulting explosion.

In the next sequence, Grant and Tori need to build a bomb shelter but are having trouble figuring out how to get the cement down to the bomb site, as there is no access road. No problem says Kari. "I can just carry the cement truck!" Grant and Tori look at each other with relieved expressions. The camera once again shows Kari making another effortless lift, all the more impressive given the size of the truck. Kari casually holds the huge truck overhead in one arm while smiling at the camera and making a bicep flex with her other arm. Tori steps into the camera shot and playfully feels how hard Kari's bicep is while Kari just laughs.

The camera man follows Kari as she carefully carries the truck down the hillside to the bombsite, her free arm held out to her side to help her keep her balance. The bombsite is on a narrow landing, so there is no place to set the truck down. Not a problem for Kari. The camera shows her tilting the rear of the truck downwards, allowing the cement to flow out while Grant and Tori hurriedly spread it with shovels. She then carries the truck back up the hillside and sets it down next to the cement truck driver. The driver shakes Kari's hand and thanks her for not damaging his truck.

Attachment hcbc39b3.JPG not found

Attachment haa6e4c8.jpg not found

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 16 Aug 2013 14:01 by Newshound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Grayface

More
04 Dec 2014 13:52 #39289 by Newshound
I was shocked to hear the news that Kari wouldn't be back on Mythbusters next season. I'm really going to miss watching her get to use her incredible strength.

I still remember the first time I saw her pick up a truck. The segment opened with Kari introducing the myth while standing a few feet away from a large truck that was going to be part of the segment. After finishing the intro, she strode over to the truck, knelt down and grasped the frame in the middle of the truck. Without a hint of hesitation, she straightened he legs out and nonchalantly hoisted the vehicle overhead with one arm! :woohoo: I was a first time viewer and wasn't aware of her strength. I almost came in my pants :blush:

She then looked over to where Tori and Grant were standing and asked, "Ready guys?". While Kari stood there holding the truck up with one hand and her other hand on her hip, the two guys struggled to lift their test equipment. The camera then showed a close up of Kari from the waist up. She casually held the truck overhead with a smile on her face. She didn't appear to be straining at all! While she watched the guys fumble with their gear, she gave the camera a little eyeroll :laugh: She then turned and walked out of camera range, still holding the truck overhead.

I became an instant fan of the show. I can't believe they are letting her go. Maybe Adam felt his masculinity was threatened by her :unsure:

Attachment kari-byron-in-mythbusters-jato-3-car-snaps-on-may-1-2013-123376.jpg not found

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Grayface

More
04 Dec 2014 13:56 #39290 by Newshound
I really hope the Discovery Channel brings back Kari in some other show. It would be great if they made her the host of one of those mega construction shows where we would get to watch her show off her strength. I would love to see the faces on the construction crew's faces as they watched Kari shift massive pieces of equipment around as if they were toys :laugh:

Attachment kari-byron-kari-byron-37214873-486-641.jpg not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface

More
07 Dec 2014 06:07 #39315 by Newshound
Even an army tank is an easy one arm lift for Kari :ohmy:

Attachment Copy75ofLift6.jpg not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds