Amount

Moxie's stories

03 Aug 2012 07:44 #28044 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Moxie's stories
Speaking of my favorite stories... any plans to finish writing The Siege?! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: somat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
03 Aug 2012 09:11 #28046 by DustyBottums
Replied by DustyBottums on topic Moxie's stories
thanks, Goobs!

Actually....yes indeedy. Sorry for the long break -- much longer than I had intended, but life stuff kept me from writing for far too long. I actually have a lot of new pages for The Siege (about 100 or so). This installment is going to be huge, because I'm right in the middle of a key segment & I don't want to break it up at this point. But when I can get through it, I'll post it here so you guys can see what happens next. Hint: The 'Zons finally take the gloves off. Big time. You'll dig it, I hope.

Coming soon, I hope. And thanks! Glad you like it so far.
-D
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, oldHarmonyMotion, somat

More
10 Aug 2012 18:05 #28128 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Moxie's stories

Zespara wrote:

ace191 wrote: I think he was posting stories over at Brawna as Rick Powers. He was very prolific until his last post of The Inheritance part 2 in July of 2010, so the plane crash story would explain what happened to him. It's really sad, he was a very good writer and I enjoyed his stuff.

I believe that he is fine. It's the other Mac who probably is the one who died in the plane crash. I last talked to the Power Company person a bit ago. I could try contacting him again as I have his e-mail.

Z

So can anyone confirm whether the Mac responsible for The Power Company stories is alive or dead? I'm a big fan of his work and would really like to know.

More
10 Aug 2012 20:01 #28129 by Zespara
Replied by Zespara on topic Moxie's stories

The Highlander wrote:

Zespara wrote:

ace191 wrote: I think he was posting stories over at Brawna as Rick Powers. He was very prolific until his last post of The Inheritance part 2 in July of 2010, so the plane crash story would explain what happened to him. It's really sad, he was a very good writer and I enjoyed his stuff.

I believe that he is fine. It's the other Mac who probably is the one who died in the plane crash. I last talked to the Power Company person a bit ago. I could try contacting him again as I have his e-mail.

Z

So can anyone confirm whether the Mac responsible for The Power Company stories is alive or dead? I'm a big fan of his work and would really like to know.

I just shot him an e-mail. He last contacted me via e-mail two years ago. I'll let you know when he responds. :)

Z

More
29 Sep 2012 20:30 #28813 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Moxie's stories
Good news, Rick just posed a new story over at Brawna and as far as I can tell it's the same guy. Looks like he isn't dead at all.

More
30 Sep 2012 18:41 #28824 by Zespara
Replied by Zespara on topic Moxie's stories

The Highlander wrote: Good news, Rick just posed a new story over at Brawna and as far as I can tell it's the same guy. Looks like he isn't dead at all.

Hmm... I haven't gotten a reply back from him yet. Perhaps him posting a story is his response. :p

I'll check my e-mail today.

Z

More
04 Dec 2012 12:40 #29553 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Moxie's stories
It's been a while since I visited here, but coming across this post I think it's appropriate to announce that S.T. Mac's Infinity Bridge archive site is back up after a brief hiatus:

www.infinitybridge.net/

Tarot Barnes in England had taken charge of it a few years ago, but he reassigned rights to me a few months back. Only when I tried to register it with iPage, they somehow got the idea I wanted to cancel it. Finally got through to them by phone (They don't read their e-mail) and got things straightened out.

"Invalid information is never welcome." -- Phil the Tetrite

--Brantley Thompson Elkins

Zespara wrote:

shadar wrote: Actually, I wrote the Dark Supergirl stuff, but the Mac you were talking about wrote the very excellent Lillith series (where she was a young Velorian Protector on a planet of Tetrites) who meets and falls in love with Mac's alter ego, a spacecraft pilot from Earth's future. Tetrites are furry but cute spider-looking creatures with a body the size of a medium sized dog plus the usual eight legs. Who can forget "valid data is always welcome" Phil.

Mac died when a homebuilt biplane he was a passenger in lost its wing during a loop just before the Oshkosh show. His first love was building and flying experimental aircraft.

Shadar

Okay, you are correct. I was going to write that there were possibly TWO Macs who wrote fictional stories for the genre but time constraints limited me. That's what I get for trying to remember things off the top of my head. The other Mac/Mick/Rick are the Power Company - all one person.

The Dark Supergirl saga is yours. I apologize for not remembering that. It's been a while since I read that magnificent storyline. I wish that that would've continued.

Z

More
04 Dec 2012 15:42 #29555 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Moxie's stories

brantley wrote: It's been a while since I visited here, but coming across this post I think it's appropriate to announce that S.T. Mac's Infinity Bridge archive site is back up after a brief hiatus:

www.infinitybridge.net/

Tarot Barnes in England had taken charge of it a few years ago, but he reassigned rights to me a few months back. Only when I tried to register it with iPage, they somehow got the idea I wanted to cancel it. Finally got through to them by phone (They don't read their e-mail) and got things straightened out.

"Invalid information is never welcome." -- Phil the Tetrite

--Brantley Thompson Elkins

That's excellent news Brantley, I'm also very happy to see you around again.

More
04 Dec 2012 19:19 #29559 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Moxie's stories
[quote="That's excellent news Brantley, I'm also very happy to see you around again.[/quote]

Are you really a library assistant? You'd be amused by this:

www.brightempire.com/Inside.pdf

I've recently added to Part Two of Empress of the Dawn:

www.brightempire.com/Empress-2,pdf

--Brantley

More
04 Dec 2012 21:48 #29560 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Moxie's stories

brantley wrote:

Anon wrote: That's excellent news Brantley, I'm also very happy to see you around again.

Are you really a library assistant? You'd be amused by this:

www.brightempire.com/Inside.pdf

I've recently added to Part Two of Empress of the Dawn:

www.brightempire.com/Empress-2,pdf

--Brantley

Well, I'm library assistant, but right now I'm more working on reseeding old stories. I'll see if it's possible to add a shelf to the PDF section to host some of your works.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:09 - 07 Dec 2012 22:10 #29598 by Rick Powers
Replied by Rick Powers on topic Moxie's stories
Hey Zespara and all youse guys,

The news of my death is greatly exaggerated. I've only died a little bit, although I'm sorry to hear of the death of another writer.

Just to clarify, I began writing under the name Mac, but it seemed a bit too close to home and because someone else was using that name! So I switched to Mick, but then one time I forgot my own psuedonym :unsure: and I accidentally used the name Rick (Mick, Rick, they're so close ...). So to cover up for my stupidity, I thought "What if I pretended to write stories from three different perspectives? And called the whole mess the 'Power Company'?"

Cool idea, but a hell of a lot of writing would be necessary to pull that off and I'm just not that proficient or prolific! So I've pretty much stuck with Rick Powers now.

I apologize for all the shenanigans and confusion.

I'm not sure if I'll ever finish The Inheritance (Clover takes a bunch of pills and 'rearranges' JJ's garage and Sunshine has to power up to control her mom - read the story at Brawna, it'll make sense) or Slave Girls From the Planet Nurtz (a fleet of superstrong girls attack Nurtz and work out a solution to the slave trade - again read the original and it'll make sense) or any of the twenty new stories I intended to write. I'm moving in a new direction.

later, dudes,

- Rick (who used to be Mac, and Mick, but decided to just be Rick)
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 22:10 by Rick Powers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kobarsos

More
11 Dec 2012 22:24 #29655 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Moxie's stories
Moving in a new direction as in, "not writing ubergirl stories anymore", or moving in a new direction as in "moving up north"? :P Please be the latter....

ElF

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds