Amount

Contest Suggestion: Prize Radio Play!

02 Feb 2014 20:27 - 02 Feb 2014 21:01 #35405 by castor
The other day i ran into this:

Supergirl: Last Daughter of Krpyton
www.fanfilmfollies.com/audio/supergirl-last-daughter-of-krypton

This is an old fashioned Audio Drama. It tends a tad to the Winey angst Supergirl, but its fun in parts from what i have heard. Overall i am a fan of this kind of stuff. I am old enough to remember...when they used to rebroadcast old superman stuff on radio sometimes and that can be really fun.

Theres a group that does this is www.pendantaudio.com/ they do lots of podcasts like this now, and you can sponser them if you want, and they will kind of help out organizing voice actors. This isn't like one voice actor...but as many as you have.

Earlier i got into the suggestion of this: What if we wrote stories and the winner got like a video short made. This is i think is a little unpractical, and expensive.

But i think a contest where the prize was we pitch in, and turn it into a radio drama-thats Doable.

What i am thinking is we write normal stories-but think well maybe think into something that works with radio.

I have Final Draft, and can help convert it all into a radio script. its not that hard. overall its not super difficult i think- and if we can help put it together-well thats something. As a writer i would get a kick out of hearing my stuff over the air-and i was curious if other people felt the same way.

Castor
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 21:01 by castor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Feb 2014 14:18 - 03 Feb 2014 14:20 #35416 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Contest Suggestion: Prize Radio Play!

castor wrote: The other day i ran into this:

Supergirl: Last Daughter of Krpyton
www.fanfilmfollies.com/audio/supergirl-last-daughter-of-krypton

This is an old fashioned Audio Drama. It tends a tad to the Winey angst Supergirl, but its fun in parts from what i have heard. Overall i am a fan of this kind of stuff. I am old enough to remember...when they used to rebroadcast old superman stuff on radio sometimes and that can be really fun.

For the few that don't know, the classic radio Superman serials of the 1950s are now public domain (as indeed are the Fleischer cartoons), and available for listening here:
archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%...s%20of%20Superman%22

What would be fun is if someone did an Adventures of Superwoman radio serial, in the same camp style as the 1950s shows. Perhaps even throw in a few spoof commercial spots

Kids, do you like eating lots and lots of sugar? Well you'll LOVE new Cooper's Sugar Snacks, the only cereal with extra sugar that gives you the energy you need to play hard and study hard. So remember champ, next time Mom is at the grocery store insist she buys NEW COOPER'S SUGAR SNACKS -- the only breakfast that gives you the energy you need to build healthy bones and teeth. And remember boys and girls to eat ALL your Cooper's Sugar Snacks -- don't leave ANY in the bowl -- because with our brave US armed forces serving over seas it would be a shame to waste even one sugar-rich flake!!!

(And if you think that advert is OTT, try listening to some of the genuine Kelloggs commercial spots on the real Superman radio show!)

R5
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 14:20 by five_red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds