Amount

A couple ideas that have been used, but not in here!

18 Apr 2005 04:25 #836 by ultragirl
Ever see the movie "The One" with Jet Li? It's based on the idea that there are parallel universes and after we discovered them, we realized that we needed to police them from those who'll take advantage. One of those people (Jet Li) figured out that as he killed off a version of himself the "life force" of that one was distributed to the others. This life force made them stronger, tougher, and faster. So imagine a normal, or even arion if you dare, that managed the same. She would slowly become more powerful until there was only two left. Who would win out? I think it would be a great story!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ultragirl
  • ultragirl's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Apr 2005 09:55 #837 by freeLancer
I also have an idea to do with The One. Remember bad jet li's partner (carla gugino). What if she found out jet's secret or formula or some way to travel through the different dimensions.

Let's say she wants to be as strong as him and goes round killing off her other-world duplicate. She fights with her last duplicate and she becomes the one. The very BAD one, hehehe.

How about a sequel to the one. 8)

More
19 Apr 2005 02:07 #844 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic The movie was horrible- but the idea has merit
The movie was awful, a friend of mine describes it as "plotholes so big you can drive an entire Universe through" (instead of just a truck).

However, when I saw it... it gave me hope that some day those special effects would be used properly. To give superstrength and speed to a woman, instead of a male lead.

I'd love to see a story based around this concept, a slow gain in power, based on other people being sacrificed. I'm pretty sure Conceptfan's mind is already plotting ideas...

I don't know if I'd use the actual universe and plot from "The One". I'm pretty sure that wormhole-super powers could be set in a slightly different setting and become a much better story.

Y'know, if anyone has time, the April workshop's theme is ubergirl v. ubergirl. Might be the perfect setting for this 'one'. :D

More
19 Apr 2005 03:19 #847 by ultragirl

The movie was awful, a friend of mine describes it as "plotholes so big you can drive an entire Universe through" (instead of just a truck).

However, when I saw it... it gave me hope that some day those special effects would be used properly. To give superstrength and speed to a woman, instead of a male lead.

I'd love to see a story based around this concept, a slow gain in power, based on other people being sacrificed. I'm pretty sure Conceptfan's mind is already plotting ideas...

I don't know if I'd use the actual universe and plot from "The One". I'm pretty sure that wormhole-super powers could be set in a slightly different setting and become a much better story.

Y'know, if anyone has time, the April workshop's theme is ubergirl v. ubergirl. Might be the perfect setting for this 'one'. :D

Of course I didn't mean to use the actual movie as the setting. I simply meant that the concept would be nice to use.

Okay, it's not in any danger of taking a on Oscar, but it wasn't THAT bad.

• ultragirl
  • ultragirl's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2005 18:33 #852 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic Not too bad... dunno
I barely remember the things that irked me. The mouse with the bomb up it's butt, released from a high heeled shoe seemed pretty stupid to me, given universe-spanning technology.

I'll have to find out what my friend's specific complaints were. No big deal, anyway. It's all about the special FX and martial artsy stuff, anyway. Plot... enh, who cares.

So looking forward to getting a copy of The Awakening. :)

More
19 Apr 2005 20:04 #854 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Not too bad... dunno
LOL.....you're in luck then!!! :P

LF

...... Plot... enh, who cares.

So looking forward to getting a copy of The Awakening. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds