Amount

Favorite retired Authors

15 Feb 2005 13:56 #111 by lfan
Favorite retired Authors was created by lfan
Thought this might be fun to list one (or more) of my fav genre authors who have retired or slipped back in anonymity. Mine are in no particular order:

-- Dru (from DTV)
-- Yosh
-- 007 (still not clear whether '008' is '007'....)

If you guys (or gals) are out there, would love to see more!

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Feb 2005 14:35 #114 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Favorite retired Authors
Dru's "MobGirl" was an awesome story. If you're out there, Dru, COME BACK! We miss you!

More
20 Mar 2005 05:23 #487 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: Favorite retired Authors
My favorite retired author would have to be Yosh.

My favorite apparently retired story by an unretired author is Julie of Velor.

My favorite non-retired but drastically underproducing author to castigate for laziness is, well, me. One chapter in 2 years is substantially less than I was planning on. Maybe the move will inspire me to put something else out. I'm still rather proud of Nyx.

More
20 Mar 2005 12:40 #489 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic DRU is back!
On DTV DRU published Mob-Girl Through The Ages 3 on 9 March!

Go and get it. Typical old school Dru.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
20 Mar 2005 23:10 #490 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Favorite retired Authors

My favorite non-retired but drastically underproducing author to castigate for laziness is, well, me. One chapter in 2 years is substantially less than I was planning on. Maybe the move will inspire me to put something else out. I'm still rather proud of Nyx.

Jabbrwock:

I read "Lady Nyx" when I first came upon Larafan's site last summer -- but only now does it occur to me that you were doing (kinda sorta) the same thing I'm doing with my Atalanta stories ... namely, using classical mythology as the setting for an ubergirl story.

I guess the reason I didn't realize it before is that most of your one and only chapter so far takes place in a spaceship -- and even at the end of the story, it's not clear that she's back in her own time and her own part of the world.

I'd like very much to read the further adventures of Lady Nyx -- wherever and whenever they may take place. And thanks for whatever (subconscious) inspiration you might have provided!

Maybe your princess and my princess can get together sometime ...

Argonaut

More
21 Mar 2005 00:20 #491 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: Favorite retired Authors

I guess the reason I didn't realize it before is that most of your one and only chapter so far takes place in a spaceship -- and even at the end of the story, it's not clear that she's back in her own time and her own part of the world.

I'd like very much to read the further adventures of Lady Nyx -- wherever and whenever they may take place. And thanks for whatever (subconscious) inspiration you might have provided!

Maybe your princess and my princess can get together sometime ...

Argonaut

It's definately more sci-fi oriented in concept than Atalanta, I freely concede. The Maker Lords will be a recurring theme - at least 4 invasion forces are in the works.

As for a meeting of princesses, it's not impossible. Nyx has a good 900 years in front of her before she gets removed from the picture, and only about 600 of them are strongly accounted for in my plans. Or just a friendly cross-over. Nyx would certainly be happy to encounter, even if only briefly, somebody who could keep up with her.

More
21 Mar 2005 01:02 #492 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Favorite retired Authors

Nyx has a good 900 years in front of her before she gets removed from the picture.

900 years? You'd better get busy! :)

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds