Amount

Wearing The Cape

03 Jul 2012 07:40 - 03 Jul 2012 07:42 #27736 by revolution
Wearing The Cape was created by revolution
Hello Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while but I still love to stop by to read the new stories and check the latest news.

I don't know if any of you caught any info on the book "Wearing The Cape" by Marion G. Harmon. If you have not I would recommend reading it.

The main character is a girl who lives in a world where there is a possibility for you to develop super powers of all types based on certain conditions that raise from focused motivation to desperate need during crisis situations (in her case a highway bridge falls on her car while she is driving).

Her Power set is that of super girl. (her durability is lacking and she doesn't have super speed when running but can move fast while flying.)

Link to the webpage that has a description of the world and more details of the book is here:

Wearing The Cape

Wearing the cape is the first book. the second book is named Villains Inc.

The Third book is slated to be released Christmas. Each of the books is 4.99 on the Kindle store.

I hope everyone will enjoy this story as much as i have!

Revo
Last edit: 03 Jul 2012 07:42 by revolution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Katherine Dettwiller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• revolution
  • revolution's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Oct 2012 19:44 #29022 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Wearing The Cape
I have read them (probably thanks to this post) and can only concur that both books were entertaining.

I think I liked the first book a bit better but feel that the absolute last stand was a bit rushed, what led up to it was really good though.
Could say the same about Villains Inc...

Even though Hope is a good main character I would really like to hear Artemis story (which soon will come out) as I think she made both books more enjoyable.

More
19 Jul 2014 15:44 - 19 Jul 2014 21:40 #37405 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Wearing the Cape
Thought i would bring up a novel series that i do like. Wearing the Cape by Marion G Harmon.

Its about Hope a young woman who discovers that she is one of the strongest most powerful beings in a world full of superheros as Astra!- and her desire to makegood on it. Its a fun story that does a good job with the action-and applies a certain amount of logic to it.

One of the real notible features of the world is that the average people(and Astra) think that they exist in a world out of the Golden Age of comics-but the closer she gets to it she discover people acting with not quite cynicism realism. It details for efforts for example to learn martial arts so she can actually hit people with her superstrength, and her becoming a sidekick to a more well known but slightly weaker hero in order to...well learn the trade a bit. Its a world where not everyone can wear spandex.

Looking back i will say for or agianst there maybe a little bit of what inspired me to write Tales of An 'Mazing Girl, though it has less of the comedic tone i was going for.

The series has 4 books, and after a point the series becomes more intrested in the world then Astras journey in i(the third one is all about how vampires exist in the logical world, so consider). But the first one in particular could be worth a read.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2014 21:40 by castor.

More
25 Jul 2014 18:02 #37466 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Wearing the Cape
So the series is up to 4 books now. I read the first 2 books for quite some time ago and now might be a good time to revisit the series.

I wouldn't worry too much about the third book being about vampires since it is the backstory of one of the best characters from the second book, At least in my oppinion :D

Sadly not that many on this site seem to have found their way to this series since the last thread on these books also lacked replies :/
superwomenmania.com/index.php?option=com...&id=27736&Itemid=850

More
25 Jul 2014 18:42 #37468 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Wearing the Cape
I read most of the first book, but it wasn't exactly my thing. But I can see how other genre fans might like them.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Jul 2014 18:45 #37469 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Wearing The Cape
Topics merged for clarity.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds