Amount

Serena is back!

17 Apr 2006 14:45 #5250 by lfan
Serena is back! was created by lfan
Or is it Yosh? Well, in any case, look for the first two chapters of Serena to be posted in the Story Bank soon (I forwarded them to Admin). Yosh has included a new prologue and some minor rewrites while he works on a reswizzle of the next couple of chapters.....

Hopefully we wont have to wait as long this time! :P

Thx, Yosh!

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Apr 2006 19:39 #5261 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: Serena is back!
Whoa, I remember when Yosh announced on his site that he'd stopped with the superwoman world to... I dunno, play more video games or something :wink:

Welcome back!

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
18 Apr 2006 12:30 #5276 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Serena is back!

More
19 Apr 2006 03:28 #5286 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: Serena is back!
Yosh is back and working on Serena's Lucky Day again? HUZZAH! Yosh, if you're reading this, it's good to have you back. The story was great before you took your sabbatical and now that you're back and working on it again, I'm sure it'll be even better than ever. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to the storybank to check out the new stuff and reaquaint myself with the lucky girl who discovered the source of an invincible superheroine's power and cooked up a batch for herself.

More
24 Oct 2006 21:26 #7108 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Serena is back!
Hi all,
I guess I'm not really 'back' in the sense of being back to finishing my goddamn story. But I am back in terms of lurking around silently and reading other people's stuff. Great news, right?

Anyway, I wanted to post here just to say thanks again to anyone who's said anything positive about the Serena storyline. I want to participate a bit here in the forums - because this place deserves more action. I guess I'm pretty much over whatever trip I was on that led me to evacuate this 'persona' in the first place. I'll probably always be a bit unstable, but to each his own, right?

On that note, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that I'm going to finish the Serena story. IMO there are just too many holes in the foundation for me to take the thing where I wanted to take it. And for me to go back and revise some of the fundamentals of a story that's already been published, and the character is already in people's heads... I dunno. I just don't think I can (or even should). If I have to, I'll start another story from scratch. It'll probably be pretty much the exact same thing, but it won't be Serena - who has to go off in some other direction I don't have the energy or foresight to take her.

But mainly, I just wanted to say that I plan on coming back around. Not sure in what capacity or anything, but I'll be here.

More
24 Oct 2006 21:35 #7109 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Serena is back!
Welcome back Yosh! Get back to writing you big jerk!! :P

ElF

Hi all,
I guess I'm not really 'back' in the sense of being back to finishing my goddamn story. But I am back in terms of lurking around silently and reading other people's stuff. Great news, right?

Anyway, I wanted to post here just to say thanks again to anyone who's said anything positive about the Serena storyline. I want to participate a bit here in the forums - because this place deserves more action. I guess I'm pretty much over whatever trip I was on that led me to evacuate this 'persona' in the first place. I'll probably always be a bit unstable, but to each his own, right?

On that note, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that I'm going to finish the Serena story. IMO there are just too many holes in the foundation for me to take the thing where I wanted to take it. And for me to go back and revise some of the fundamentals of a story that's already been published, and the character is already in people's heads... I dunno. I just don't think I can (or even should). If I have to, I'll start another story from scratch. It'll probably be pretty much the exact same thing, but it won't be Serena - who has to go off in some other direction I don't have the energy or foresight to take her.

But mainly, I just wanted to say that I plan on coming back around. Not sure in what capacity or anything, but I'll be here.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Oct 2006 06:01 #7111 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Serena is back!

Hi all,
It'll probably be pretty much the exact same thing, but it won't be Serena - who has to go off in some other direction I don't have the energy or foresight to take her.

No one would blame you if you just hit the reset button. Just call it the "<variable> Infinite <variable> Crisis" and throw everything out the window like a certain graphic novel publisher does all the time. :D

More
25 Oct 2006 19:53 #7117 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Serena is back!

No one would blame you if you just hit the reset button. Just call it the "<variable> Infinite <variable> Crisis" and throw everything out the window like a certain graphic novel publisher does all the time. :D

Probably I will :evil: :evil: .

I'm sorry to be so rude, but I really like Yosh's story, especially because it was the first long sotry that I read completly on the SGInc. So I hope that Yosh will be able to continue it.

PS sorry for the bad english but I'm from Italy.

More
27 Oct 2006 05:53 #7125 by yohashuan
I appreciate that. Honestly, I was truly taken aback by the monstrous amount of positive feedback I got for that piece. It started as a not-so-well-thought-out concept, but I was determined to make a more character-centric story that the usual fetish stuff... but at the same time... have all the good usual fetish stuff.

Anyway, I felt Serena got just barely off the ground, and that it had good potential... but that I didn't really plan out the sequence of events well enough. As such, I didn't have a clear vision of the future of the story. That's a fun way to go about things sometimes too... to create a character & then just set her free to see what happens... but really my ideal vision is to make a very well-thought-out, lengthy, realistic story - one where I can envision the whole thing start-to-finish, and then put it to page.

The vision I had for Serena is really the vision I have for pretty much all my fantasy supergirl scenarios. I've never been much for the mean, homicidal, super-bitch thing. I like to imagine the mild-mannered, nice, glasses-wearing, girlfriend-y type who keeps a super-sexy little secret. :wink:

So what I'm getting at is that I'm sitting on an idea for a totally different story. That is probably going to make anyone who reads it say "this is a total rip-off of his other one"... but I'm hoping to make the new girl as 'real' as I somehow managed to make Serena. First, though, I have to formulate an entire storyline - and though I have bits and peices, there's nothign coherent enough to get me to sit down and write yet. I promise I'll keep you all posted.

More
27 Oct 2006 08:14 #7126 by Woodclaw
Yosh, IMHO is extremly difficult, not to say useless, to envision exactly each second of a story before writing, cause it puts an enormous strain on your immagination, I tried once, some years ago, and the result was a devastating headache and... I haven't finished that work yet. I usually prefer to envision a series of scenes that I want to do, and then I try to find a way to link each other while I write, maybe this way will work for you.

More
31 Oct 2006 22:26 #7185 by yohashuan
Well I don't need every second... but I would like to be able to see at least the beginning and the ending clearly before embarking on another writing journey. The middle parts should be easy enough to fill in as long as I know where the thing is ultimately headed.

Most likely, I'll just try my hand at some of the workshops to get my writing chops back. I'm way out of practice nowadays.

More
07 Nov 2006 14:17 #7283 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Serena is back!
Yosh --

As the immortal Robert Stack once said "It's a lot like riding a bike...its just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes!" I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we hope you start "practicing" soon (poke, poke)

ElF

Most likely, I'll just try my hand at some of the workshops to get my writing chops back. I'm way out of practice nowadays.[/quote]

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Jan 2012 22:58 #25944 by yohashuan
Many thanks to Njae who put in the work to reformat the first 4 chapters of Serena. No more wall-of-text! Chapters now in their original layout with the couple of embedded pix as well.

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...s&id=45:yoshs-serena

I feel really guilty that I actually let someone else do this on my behalf, but Njae said he wanted to reformat them for the community. I always get a little weirded out by the attention and it's been 10 years already. Sorry but (as I said above 5 years ago) still probably not going to finish it. Think I just lost the writing bug altogether a while back somewhere. Anyway I'll happily give it up to the public sphere if anyone wants to write their own continuation. Cheers & thx again Njae!

More
15 Jan 2012 02:51 #25946 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Re: Serena is back!
You make it sound harder than it actually was. It was more ore less just copy/pasting what you originally posted on SGI back then and adding the changes you made when posting it on SWM. The hardest part was proofreading the story once again. Don't feel guilty for making me reread my favorite story. I'll add parts 5 and 6 once I got my hands on a preformatted version.

Anyway I'll happily give it up to the public sphere if anyone wants to write their own continuation.

While I'd like to read a continuation, I doubt anybody could do it justice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, chuck

More
15 Jan 2012 09:17 #25948 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Re: Serena is back!
Its probably an all time favorite to a lot of us. Glad you started it in the first place! It'd be fun to see if someone added onto it and see what it would turn into next.

More
15 Jan 2012 16:43 #25949 by Woodclaw

njae wrote: You make it sound harder than it actually was. It was more ore less just copy/pasting what you originally posted on SGI back then and adding the changes you made when posting it on SWM. The hardest part was proofreading the story once again. Don't feel guilty for making me reread my favorite story. I'll add parts 5 and 6 once I got my hands on a preformatted version.

Njae, if with preformatted you mean with images, I think that might be very difficult, as far as I remeber those chapters didn't appear in SGInc storybank nor on Yosh's personal site.

More
15 Jan 2012 18:08 #25950 by njae

Anon wrote:

njae wrote: You make it sound harder than it actually was. It was more ore less just copy/pasting what you originally posted on SGI back then and adding the changes you made when posting it on SWM. The hardest part was proofreading the story once again. Don't feel guilty for making me reread my favorite story. I'll add parts 5 and 6 once I got my hands on a preformatted version.

Njae, if with preformatted you mean with images, I think that might be very difficult, as far as I remeber those chapters didn't appear in SGInc storybank nor on Yosh's personal site.

It's not only about the images, but primary the italics. I read the SGI and SWM Versions side by side, and I saw how much depth was lost by changing into plain text format. So I am indeed looking for the original files which Yosh doesn't have anymore, and this may take a while.

Until then I'll just reseed other stories.

More
17 Jan 2012 04:35 #25956 by Tony0987
Replied by Tony0987 on topic Re: Serena is back!

• Tony0987
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jan 2012 11:39 #25957 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Re: Serena is back!
You know. After seeing the stories re submitted with the added pictures. I only wish there was one of Hyperwoman haha.

More
17 Jan 2012 14:21 #25958 by njae

Tony0987 wrote: Does this version help?
web.archive.org/web/20050201093243/http:...stories/serena01.htm

Unfortunately not. I already used this version as a base for the resubmission, but it only contains parts 1 to 4. Well, if I don't find a better version of parts 5 and 6, I'll have to use the txt version and adapt it. But right now I still have hopes to find one.

More
17 Jan 2012 19:43 #25959 by Woodclaw

njae wrote:

Unfortunately not. I already used this version as a base for the resubmission, but it only contains parts 1 to 4. Well, if I don't find a better version of parts 5 and 6, I'll have to use the txt version and adapt it. But right now I still have hopes to find one.

Good luck to you, after Yosh sent me the text files I looked for another version, but I didn't found anything.

More
17 Jan 2012 20:18 #25960 by njae

Anon wrote:

njae wrote:

Good luck to you, after Yosh sent me the text files I looked for another version, but I didn't found anything.

The txt version is still easily accessible here . I know that the best chance to get a better version lies with someone who once received a copy of these parts and didn't delete them. Too bad this person's inactive.

More
20 Jan 2012 05:42 #25968 by njae
Thanks to Sarge395 sending me his copy of part 5 and Yosh digging up one of part 6, I was able to repost them to the storybank. The only thing that was lost were possible images in part 5, but I simply added another image.

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...s&id=45:yoshs-serena

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds