Amount

Uh, wow... Hello!

31 Aug 2016 02:18 #49911 by Engineered-Sorcery
Uh, wow... Hello! was created by Engineered-Sorcery
So, I can't believe I didn't realize that I haven't done an intro post yet!

Hello everyone, I'm Engineered Sorcery. I'm a college student in the United States, who specializes in Computer Science and has a passion for Criminology. I've been on SWM for quite a while as a lurker, but I haven't really been active until recently.

I originally got into supergirls through Paul's Extreme Strength site/archive/thing, and ever since I've been hooked. I've done a bit of writing myself, but I remain a serious amateur. In addition, I do a fair bit of RPing on the side.

On the forums side, I tend to mostly just ghost and lurk, but if I feel like I have something to contribute I'll feel free to speak out.

Anyway, salutations, and I think I'll have a pretty good time here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, dunla, Kamelmann, bionicskillz, Caylane, SCOTT R, Lulu, jnw550, castor, TwiceOnThursdays, Monty, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Engineered-Sorcery
  • Engineered-Sorcery's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Aug 2016 02:48 #49914 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Well welcome. Great site here for comments, links, photos, and hopefully inspiration for others (especially the authors and creative folks).

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
31 Aug 2016 03:18 #49916 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome!

More
31 Aug 2016 04:15 #49918 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome :).

You're already off to a fine start!

More
31 Aug 2016 04:43 #49920 by Engineered-Sorcery
Replied by Engineered-Sorcery on topic Uh, wow... Hello!

AuGoose wrote: Welcome :).

You're already off to a fine start!

Thank you! That means a lot. To be honest, your notebook thread is what got me to finally get back into writing, so I have you to thank for that.

• Engineered-Sorcery
More
31 Aug 2016 10:15 #49926 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Well I'd kind of hoped it might have that effect (above and beyond being a space where I could just blather :P). It's quite gratifying to hear it's working :).

More
31 Aug 2016 11:29 #49935 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Uh, wow... Hello!

Engineered-Sorcery wrote: I originally got into supergirls through Paul's Extreme Strength site/archive/thing, and ever since I've been hooked.

One of the greatest sites back in the day. Still up by the way: hilda.thevalkyrie.com/~xtreme/new.htm

Does that mean your preference leans towards the muscular-to-very-muscular kind of supergirl? :P

More
31 Aug 2016 11:48 #49936 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome ES!

More
31 Aug 2016 14:01 #49942 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome, E-S! Must say I enjoyed reading your vignettes under the Asian Super Girls thread. Hoping that inspiration strikes for a full length story one day!

ElF

Engineered-Sorcery wrote: So, I can't believe I didn't realize that I haven't done an intro post yet!

Hello everyone, I'm Engineered Sorcery. I'm a college student in the United States, who specializes in Computer Science and has a passion for Criminology. I've been on SWM for quite a while as a lurker, but I haven't really been active until recently.

I originally got into supergirls through Paul's Extreme Strength site/archive/thing, and ever since I've been hooked. I've done a bit of writing myself, but I remain a serious amateur. In addition, I do a fair bit of RPing on the side.

On the forums side, I tend to mostly just ghost and lurk, but if I feel like I have something to contribute I'll feel free to speak out.

Anyway, salutations, and I think I'll have a pretty good time here!

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Aug 2016 18:09 - 31 Aug 2016 18:10 #49965 by Engineered-Sorcery
Replied by Engineered-Sorcery on topic Uh, wow... Hello!

j2001 wrote: One of the greatest sites back in the day. Still up by the way: hilda.thevalkyrie.com/~xtreme/new.htm

Does that mean your preference leans towards the muscular-to-very-muscular kind of supergirl? :P

Actually, in a strange turn of fate, I actually prefer the opposite. Something about the idea of someone appearing to be weak/nowhere near as strong as they actually are and turning out to have this absurd, ridiculous power really interests me. I understand the appeal of the more bodybuilder/super-muscular type of supergirl, but it's not personally my favorite.

lfan wrote: Welcome, E-S! Must say I enjoyed reading your vignettes under the Asian Super Girls thread. Hoping that inspiration strikes for a full length story one day!

I'm glad you liked them! They were a spur of the moment sort of thing that came from me thinking about therapy exercises for confidence, and the whole 'determination based superhumans' thing just sorta came about as I was thinking, but it was definitely fun to right. As for a full story, I have no idea if I'll ever get to that point. I have a couple of chapters of a story on my DeviantArt that I may just port over here, but my writing pace is pretty glacial since inspiration doesn't hit me very often.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 18:10 by Engineered-Sorcery. Reason: HTML tags are a bitch :P Tried to multiquote, but wound up breaking the tag chain and had to fix it
The following user(s) said Thank You: furbutt4

• Engineered-Sorcery
More
31 Aug 2016 20:09 #49974 by Lulu
Replied by Lulu on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
A welcome to this site from me as well!

More
31 Aug 2016 22:10 #49978 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome to SWM! May your heroines' powers forever multiply and never divide...

:D

More
01 Sep 2016 09:15 #49987 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
It's a bit of an overdue welcome, but it's always great to see a promising writer coming out of lurking :)

Engineered-Sorcery wrote:

lfan wrote: Welcome, E-S! Must say I enjoyed reading your vignettes under the Asian Super Girls thread. Hoping that inspiration strikes for a full length story one day!

I'm glad you liked them! They were a spur of the moment sort of thing that came from me thinking about therapy exercises for confidence, and the whole 'determination based superhumans' thing just sorta came about as I was thinking, but it was definitely fun to right. As for a full story, I have no idea if I'll ever get to that point. I have a couple of chapters of a story on my DeviantArt that I may just port over here, but my writing pace is pretty glacial since inspiration doesn't hit me very often.

I can't claim to be much quicker than you E-S, but in my experience quality trumps quantity every step of the way. Also, it's no secret that every writer has it's own style and favorite genre, some of us can't write long stories if their lives depends on it, others favour longer productions.
The trick is find a pace you're comfortable with and write what you would like to read ;)

More
02 Sep 2016 17:58 #50035 by TheOne25
Replied by TheOne25 on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome to the family!

More
02 Sep 2016 21:10 #50038 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Always great and exciting to have new talented writers! <3

More
03 Sep 2016 15:12 #50048 by Bernard72002
Replied by Bernard72002 on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome to the group. Looking forward to reading any submissions you make.

More
12 Sep 2016 04:01 #50197 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Uh, wow... Hello!
Welcome aboard ES! Glad to know new SW Maniacs are out there!

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds