Amount

Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

24 Feb 2017 10:08 #52749 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

five_red wrote: I was watching the end of a Bionic Woman episode the other day where Jaime was trying to hold onto a small plane to stop it from taking off -- the pilot was piling on the power, and it became clear that Jaime was losing the battle. It occurred to me that it would be funny if there was a burst of sparks and a puff of smoke, then Jaime's arm and legs went dead. That's the problem with cyborgs: too much exertion and you're likely to blow a fuse. :laugh: Then it occurred to me that there's probably a group somewhere out there on the far flung reaches of the internet that are already really into that kind of thing -- super strength overload.

One interesting bit is that in many stories built around cybernetics -- including "Cyborg" the novel that inspired "the Six Million Dollar Man" and, by extension, "The Bionic Woman" -- it was strongly implied that the human component would be the weak link. In the early Ghost in the Shell comic by Masamune Shirow there was a panel about the fact that a cybernetic arm would be able to curl over 250 Kg (that's about 550 pounds) when attached to a test bench, but the human body would never be able to withstand such effort.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2017 10:44 #52751 by Woodclaw

LustMonster wrote: To celebrate their cessation of hostilities after years of destructive superwoman battle, the two former Soviet republics decided to hold a Rumble Ball tournament.

Sthenolagnia sent its squad to Augoosta, the capital city of its neighbor and long time enemy Cratolagnia. The crowd in the packed stadium roared and jeered as a dozen huge muscle goddesses stomped off the team personnel carrier and onto the field. Several of the huge ballers displayed their strength by tearing off pieces of the craft as they exited it, crumpling them into tight wads of tortured metal to be crushed between swelling pecs or thighs.

Waiting for them on the field, the tall, beautiful, svelte Crat team members stood with hands on dainty hips, smirking as they watched their opponents' beastly theatrics. The home team intended to show these stomping brutes (once again!) that muscle wasn't everything, in Rumble Ball as well as in battle...

I keep thinking that this sound like a terrible sport comedy movie, but it would be fun to watch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

More
25 Feb 2017 01:55 #52764 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
lfan, I've been around the block a few times like you. Discovered that there is a fetish for girls in heels pumping car pedals (clutch, brake, gas) and girls popping balloons. That clips for sale website with Angel the Dreamgirl has a video with her in a Supergirl costume popping 100 balloons. Here is the description verbatim:

Super girl vs 100+ balloons. She sitpop on balloons, sitpop their hips. Super girl sitting on them, go and jump, but still she crush balloons on speed. She to play with them, kiss and laugh, have fun and crush them. Also 3 hugest balloons vs Super Girl. Who will win this not easy battle?!

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Feb 2017 21:29 - 25 Feb 2017 22:26 #52776 by naked.superpower
Replied by naked.superpower on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
Hi folks! There's a nice thing about this issue which I try to use in my prose. As a reader, I’d sometimes scan through a piece to check what’s going to be there happening and if I’m going to like this (authors, sorry about that). If I decide to read, I go to the start and read it thoroughly. I noticed that when scanning for the events, I usually miss the physical description of a heroine, so I find myself having already imagined her looks. Of course I find her to be my ideal. When I go read through, I sometimes get a bit disappointed when she’s not like what I thought. Especially about her height, body type and character. I won’t write about character, so to speak of body.
What I consider a discovery in this mind experiment is that reading a fiction piece, I myself construct the heroine’s appearance in my mind. I wonder if there’s anything like that in your experience? All in all, I decided to make use of this. I’m consciously very modest in giving anything specific about appearance (and I actually receive some feedback that it is lacking). What I may fail, but still try, to achieve is giving merely enough hints of heroine’s looks, for the reader to crystallize his/her own favorite appearance around these hints. This is what I did in my stories here, like “Beasts Lost” or “Isabel …”. When I write about looks, I try to write in the language of metaphors and evoked emotions, which (I believe) tease reader’s imagination and trigger it to draw.
Yeah, I kinda put most of work on the shoulders of my readers, but this is not just because I’m a lazybones. In a metaphorical world, I’m casting a magic mirror kaleidoscope, which will reflect the reader’s ideal image of a heroine, masqueraded in a suiting costume, to that the reader would think that this was the author to draw this image. This is what I want to do, I wish I could do.

Now about my likes. I’m more on cratolagnia edge. I don’t like giantesses. I don’t like pile-of-shapeless-muscle body types. I like to see power naturally embodied in female shape, which can vary rather broadly. I see it in dancers and gymnasts. Maybe in some heavier trainers. I’m for “endurance over burst performance”, as AuGoose puts this.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

src ru.pinterest.com/pin/326159197990141573/ / cangarough.deviantart.com/art/Bulletproof-girl-3-631921551 / denisgoncharov.deviantart.com/art/--656746552 / www.girlswithmuscle.com/655109/Lola-Montez / ru.pinterest.com/pin/523191681693156643/

Sometimes, I get turned on and inspired by views of something very different. Although this image is strange, for some reason, in my eyes, it is full of power:

src grannymuscle.deviantart.com/art/Superthick-29-622088649

The thing that turns me on most is invulnerability, maybe with a hint of excess strength, hidden in a deceivingly tender and fragile body. I like very much to play with this in my stories, and I turn on when I perceive this power in a more fragile shape.

src tarasov.deviantart.com/art/--377342114 / fb101.deviantart.com/art/City-light-603195506 / ru.pinterest.com/pin/431923420489561670/ / ru.pinterest.com/pin/406449935092683964/ / insanegirlz.deviantart.com/journal/?offset=240 / gutsymonkey.deviantart.com/art/Mdp-0644-5113-612121081

When we made a collab with DimensionStrength of DeviantArt, we made a scene with excessive muscular growth which I tried to make as sexy as I could despite its non-femininity. I’m controversial about excessive muscle. I don’t like how this looks on real ladies. Sometimes I get turned on with this in fiction, but I’m not very sure about when it works on me and when it doesn’t.
All in all, I like ladies with a shape showing harmony and power. That's how I see it. Some self-promotion :), I share this cause this time I made it to draw my favorite body type:

src cangarough.deviantart.com/art/Car-Lift-Gift-628177376

Peace!
Last edit: 25 Feb 2017 22:26 by naked.superpower.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Gargamel

• naked.superpower
More
26 Feb 2017 15:33 #52804 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
Reading all the comments to this tread has been interesting, and funnily enough there was a piece about this same distinction a while ago on a DeviantArt group I'm part of.

From the responses so far it appears that I one of the few people here who's primary interest is in Sthenolagnia rather than Cratolagnia. Unlike I suspect most of you my initial attraction was to female muscles and the power they represented which meant that to me strength and muscles are intrinsically linked. While I find the idea of a normal looking/skinny girl effortlessly lifting some massive weight attractive I am also drawn to particularly large and powerful looking women as well. Of course everything can vary depending on the particular story or picture in question, but in general the level of musculature I find 'acceptable' is a lot higher than most of the other examples given. To me the idea of a 7+ foot woman with muscles bigger than the hulk is on the whole exciting rather than excessive, and I even have some interest in true giantesses as well.

A good example of this is a picture I had commissioned a while ago (attached below) of Amy Pond from Doctor Who having undergone a massive growth spurt. To me the size of her muscles are almost as much of a turn on as the implied strength behind them, and coupled with my existing attraction to Amy Pond it makes this one of my favourite pictures ever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Monty, AuGoose, Biggirllover5463

More
26 Feb 2017 18:18 #52810 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
Those words don't exactly roll off the tongue, but it's interesting to know that our, ah, "quirks" have actually been given names.

I'm in the "cratolagnia" camp. I guess "fitness model" is the best shorthand for my ideal body type -- firm and toned, with flat abs and nicely-defined arms.

Not a fan of the heavily-muscled bodybuilder type, but I think a nice rounded biceps on a woman is hella sexy:

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Monty

More
28 Feb 2017 15:08 #52859 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

The Highlander wrote: Reading all the comments to this tread has been interesting, and funnily enough there was a piece about this same distinction a while ago on a DeviantArt group I'm part of.

From the responses so far it appears that I one of the few people here who's primary interest is in Sthenolagnia rather than Cratolagnia. Unlike I suspect most of you my initial attraction was to female muscles and the power they represented which meant that to me strength and muscles are intrinsically linked. While I find the idea of a normal looking/skinny girl effortlessly lifting some massive weight attractive I am also drawn to particularly large and powerful looking women as well. Of course everything can vary depending on the particular story or picture in question, but in general the level of musculature I find 'acceptable' is a lot higher than most of the other examples given. To me the idea of a 7+ foot woman with muscles bigger than the hulk is on the whole exciting rather than excessive, and I even have some interest in true giantesses as well.

A good example of this is a picture I had commissioned a while ago (attached below) of Amy Pond from Doctor Who having undergone a massive growth spurt. To me the size of her muscles are almost as much of a turn on as the implied strength behind them, and coupled with my existing attraction to Amy Pond it makes this one of my favourite pictures ever.

Thx, Highlander......based on my suspicions, I don't think you are the only ones in this camp, but I was hoping to hear more from that faction.

Would also be interested in the "why's", merely just for personal interest. WHY do you prefer one over the other? Personally, I think the softer / modelish look is more visaully appealling than the beefy look, but there is also something about the 'hidden power' aspect that draws me to it. The fact that all that superhuman power is contained and 'hidden' in this dainty vessel makes it all the more attractive. Its so unassuming when the 5'5", 125lb girl casually lifts a locomotive over her head. The casual hidden strength along with the bystanders reactions is a major part of the fantasy for me.

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Feb 2017 15:52 - 28 Feb 2017 15:54 #52860 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
I like the idea of a slim, slender woman transforming at will into a muscular superheroine (not too muscular, but bursting out of her clothes . Something like this...

Last edit: 28 Feb 2017 15:54 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Woodclaw, SCOTT R, Lulu, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays, LustMonster

More
28 Feb 2017 16:30 #52864 by Woodclaw

Monty wrote: I like the idea of a slim, slender woman transforming at will into a muscular superheroine (not too muscular, but bursting out of her clothes . Something like this...

This is one of those things I like a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KarkClent

More
28 Feb 2017 17:55 #52868 by naked.superpower
I love female muscles, the way they look and feel )
But I rather like the kind of muscles that gain strength not by getting volume but by getting more dense and defined. I like when a female body is covered by wires of muscles, which do not burst out.
Why muscular? Love for this is in DNA of my subconscious ) Muscles on a girl is a sign of her strength and endurance for me, which I love.
Why not too heavy? Cause... just because. This is what a nice muscle girl looks like, for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

• naked.superpower
More
28 Feb 2017 19:04 #52875 by Woodclaw

sidd1333 wrote: I love female muscles, the way they look and feel )
But I rather like the kind of muscles that gain strength not by getting volume but by getting more dense and defined. I like when a female body is covered by wires of muscles, which do not burst out.
Why muscular? Love for this is in DNA of my subconscious ) Muscles on a girl is a sign of her strength and endurance for me, which I love.
Why not too heavy? Cause... just because. This is what a nice muscle girl looks like, for me.

This is a very good point and it help me focus some details.

More
01 Mar 2017 12:39 #52888 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
Hello everyone. Very interesting topic.
I think I am both.
But what is the name for those who love curvy amazons feats of strength ?
For my part, the perfect superwoman is a 7 feet tall amazon with big and firm curves.
I love women muscles, but Femininity is the most important for me : I think too much muscles with vascularity is not feminine, but a Super strong woman should be tall and have muscles like Power Girl for example.
For being more concrete, here are some of my ideal super strong women in attached files.
More on my Tumblr page :
Absolute Women
;)

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
01 Mar 2017 14:12 #52891 by Monty

Artnico wrote: Hello everyone. Very interesting topic.
I think I am both.
But what is the name for those who love curvy amazons feats of strength ?
For my part, the perfect superwoman is a 7 feet tall amazon with big and firm curves.
I love women muscles, but Femininity is the most important for me : I think too much muscles with vascularity is not feminine, but a Super strong woman should be tall and have muscles like Power Girl for example.
For being more concrete, here are some of my ideal super strong women in attached files.
More on my Tumblr page :
Absolute Women
;)

Great site Artnico!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico

More
01 Mar 2017 15:30 - 01 Mar 2017 16:04 #52893 by Monty
There was a mention of Tetsuko earlier in the thread. Out of respect for David's copyright and his amazing artwork with Tetsuko, I'll attach some links to his site. The last link is truly jaw-dropping! THAT is really powerful muscle superstrength as the formula flows through Tetsuko! (NSFW)

www.tetsuko.com/comics/issue01/tko01_pg25.html
www.tetsuko.com/comics/issue01/tko01_pg26.html

www.tetsuko.com/comics/issue01/tko01_pg27.html
Last edit: 01 Mar 2017 16:04 by Monty.

More
01 Mar 2017 16:13 - 01 Mar 2017 16:27 #52894 by Monty
I was also thinking about Tetsuko from another perspective. She is estimated to have 200 to 250 pounds of solid muscle. If anyone was to constantly work out with that sort of weight their strength would increase, so if Tetsuko carries that weight around easily in her super muscles, does her strength increase exponentially? :)
Last edit: 01 Mar 2017 16:27 by Monty.

More
01 Mar 2017 16:31 #52895 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
When I started writing genre stories back in the late 80's, I quickly became aware of the many forms of sexual interest people have for fictional characters, even within the broader genre that we enjoy.

The first thing I learned was not to judge. It was all good, although the various flavors of Peril never sat well with me. But I always understood the difference between fantasy and reality. Most of us maintain a bright line between the two.

Then, when Facebook came out with its 51 gender/sexual orientations, I thought, "What? So few?" When you compare that to sexual interests, even within one category of gender, we probably have hundreds in this genre alone. And we're predominately a CIS male audience based on what I see. Now we've added Sthenolagnia and Cratolagnia, which I'd never heard of before, but made sense once I understood them.

The one thing that seems apparent is that sexual interests are incredibly varied and individualistic, and any definitions or categorizations are woefully inadequate to reflect the diversity of thought. This validates the assumption I've always held that people are all truly individuals deep inside, even if we tend to fall into larger and more conventional buckets when viewed from outside.

If we could define our sexual interests to the absolute fullest in the tiniest detail, it would take an abbreviation to represent it that was a paragraph long and likely shared in detail by very few other people, if any.

The good news is that (with the exception of the worst Peril), SWM embraces most everything within the basic CIS gender bucket (we don't have much in the way of gay or lesbian contributions here). There is no wrong, and sometimes our interests are fluid.

Which is a form of enlightenment that I enjoy.

What I do find interesting, however, is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of writing that resembles SWM when I look into gay or lesbian on-line literature. You'd think some forms of the same interests (with a twist) would occur there, but it's rare, and when it does, it's usually CIS male fantasies about lesbians, which is generally accepted by other CIS males.

What I do know is that sexual interests in general within the LGBTQ community is at least as varied as in CIS genders, probably a lot more, but rarely does it travel down similar paths to ours.

One of life's little puzzles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naked.superpower, CANNNNIS

• shadar
More
01 Mar 2017 17:49 - 01 Mar 2017 17:51 #52897 by naked.superpower

shadar wrote: When I started writing genre stories back in the late 80's, I quickly became aware of the many forms of sexual interest people have for fictional characters, even within the broader genre that we enjoy.

The first thing I learned was not to judge. It was all good, although the various flavors of Peril never sat well with me. But I always understood the difference between fantasy and reality. Most of us maintain a bright line between the two.

Then, when Facebook came out with its 51 gender/sexual orientations, I thought, "What? So few?" When you compare that to sexual interests, even within one category of gender, we probably have hundreds in this genre alone. And we're predominately a CIS male audience based on what I see. Now we've added Sthenolagnia and Cratolagnia, which I'd never heard of before, but made sense once I understood them.

The one thing that seems apparent is that sexual interests are incredibly varied and individualistic, and any definitions or categorizations are woefully inadequate to reflect the diversity of thought. This validates the assumption I've always held that people are all truly individuals deep inside, even if we tend to fall into larger and more conventional buckets when viewed from outside.

If we could define our sexual interests to the absolute fullest in the tiniest detail, it would take an abbreviation to represent it that was a paragraph long and likely shared in detail by very few other people, if any.

The good news is that (with the exception of the worst Peril), SWM embraces most everything within the basic CIS gender bucket (we don't have much in the way of gay or lesbian contributions here). There is no wrong, and sometimes our interests are fluid.

Which is a form of enlightenment that I enjoy.

What I do find interesting, however, is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of writing that resembles SWM when I look into gay or lesbian on-line literature. You'd think some forms of the same interests (with a twist) would occur there, but it's rare, and when it does, it's usually CIS male fantasies about lesbians, which is generally accepted by other CIS males.

What I do know is that sexual interests in general within the LGBTQ community is at least as varied as in CIS genders, probably a lot more, but rarely does it travel down similar paths to ours.

One of life's little puzzles.

Thanks Shadar for bringing up the value of diversity of tastes. I don't think that revealing the two poli of our interest is going to make any split, as we see it's not an opposition but a whole spectrum. And even not of two poli but of a diversity of those.
I want to share why I really enjoy this discussion. On the one hand, I was eager to share what I like and to talk about it. On the other, reading others' posts was no less great. Whenever someone writes a story, with all heir love, about a girl of my not-most-favorite kind, I get involved too. Like, an inspired author teaches me to savour something new. Sure, this learning is limited, cause it needs to overlap with my likes. This is why (+1) I too won't like peril.
We are making many edges of a jewel, each of us pinning something that others may have missed but that others will get inspired with.
For instance, the images that Artnico shared a few posts ago in the thread, I won't say from the first sight that these are my favorite body types for a super heroine. But now, having seen them with his eyes, I love them, really. After years of surfing through DeviantArt for superwomen images and stories, I see much beauty which I was initially blind to.
All you guys, thanks a lot for sharing all this!! Not just in this thread )
Last edit: 01 Mar 2017 17:51 by naked.superpower.

• naked.superpower
More
01 Mar 2017 19:12 #52900 by Monty
A few years ago, I would have baulked at Tetsuko 's mass with a nope, not interested, but I think it works in dcm's graphics mode. It's like a cartoon I wouldn't be interested in a muscle morph of an actual real-life model to those extents!

More
01 Mar 2017 21:10 #52901 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

Monty wrote: A few years ago, I would have baulked at Tetsuko 's mass with a nope, not interested, but I think it works in dcm's graphics mode. It's like a cartoon I wouldn't be interested in a muscle morph of an actual real-life model to those extents!

DCM is one of the very few artists I know that can draw very sexy females (in my mind) with so much vascularity. Tetsuko, Starla, Dyna......all his muscle girls are still very pleasing to the eye, eventhough I would not normally find characters that large very appealing.

Incidently, he is one heckuva nice guy in person. I don't know if he still is, but he used to be a caricature artist in the Disney parks (used to be in MGM by the Brown Derby) and met him on a couple of occassions. Very nice guy

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Mar 2017 21:45 - 02 Mar 2017 21:48 #52920 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

The Highlander wrote: A good example of this is a picture I had commissioned a while ago (attached below) of Amy Pond from Doctor Who having undergone a massive growth spurt. To me the size of her muscles are almost as much of a turn on as the implied strength behind them, and coupled with my existing attraction to Amy Pond it makes this one of my favourite pictures ever.

Yeah, always thought it was a bit of a missed opportunity for the companions to not occasionally come away with permanent augments from the various hyper-tech locales they visited.

Now if only we could have such a spirited discussion about the relative merits of pterylagnia vs. pennalagnia ;).
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 21:48 by AuGoose.

More
02 Mar 2017 21:53 - 02 Mar 2017 21:54 #52921 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

Now if only we could have such a spirited discussion about the relative merits of pterylagnia vs. pennalagnia ;).

Sorry man, but those two tiny little former Soviet republics got caught in the crossfire in the superwoman battle of the two bigger ones. There's nothing left of them but a vast sea of smoking rubble, and one KFC that has surprisingly managed to stay in business anyway.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2017 21:54 by LustMonster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

More
02 Mar 2017 23:17 #52925 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia

LustMonster wrote: Sorry man, but those two tiny little former Soviet republics got caught in the crossfire in the superwoman battle of the two bigger ones. There's nothing left of them but a vast sea of smoking rubble, and one KFC that has surprisingly managed to stay in business anyway.

Not so surprising: everyone in region does love hot-wings :).

More
30 Apr 2017 21:13 #53854 by DAB
Replied by DAB on topic Sthenolagnia vs Cratolagnia
Both are awesome, but I find myself weighted towards muscle. But with how niche this it's I'll take that I can get.

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds