Amount

Hey guys and gals

09 Nov 2005 13:28 #3435 by Daphne
Hey guys and gals was created by Daphne
It’s me, Daphne and I just wanted to say hello because several of you guys have suggested I pop in and say hello. Let me tell you, the reason why I haven’t is definitely not for lack of trying. I’m typing this message at a coffee shop, because for some reason, my ISP will never get to either this site or Conceptfan’s, which is quite frustrating.

If anybody’s got any ideas on that topic, please let me know. As far as introducing myself, um, let me think on that. I’m really two people. The first, is a very uninteresting person who, having been displaced by Hurricane Katrina, has suddenly found a lot of time to indulge in a little fantasy that’s been brewing over the last couple of years.

Of course, the second person I am is probably a whole lot more exciting to you guys. As my blog says, in many ways, I’m just a much younger woman who happens to be physically, if not mentally superior to just about everyone else. Don’t get me wrong, I can think faster, and I’ve got access to senses that most people don’t, but having all the raw data doesn’t give you all the answers, and sometimes it just makes for a whole lot more questions.

I’m not sure when I’ll get back on the forum, but if anybody wants to say hello, you can check out my diary at superdaph.blogspot.com/.

My alter ego has also put up an RPG chronicling my supposed adventures once I get to college, but its open to members only and to be a member, you’re supposed to post. Brantley’s got links to both over at his Bright Empire site, along with a collection of stuff from the early days of the RPG if you want to check it out.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. My email, by the way, is superdaph@gmail.com, if anyone wants to just say hello.

Daphne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daphne
  • Daphne's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Nov 2005 14:34 #3439 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Hey guys and gals

It’s me, Daphne and I just wanted to say hello because several of you guys have suggested I pop in and say hello. Let me tell you, the reason why I haven’t is definitely not for lack of trying. I’m typing this message at a coffee shop, because for some reason, my ISP will never get to either this site or Conceptfan’s, which is quite frustrating.

If anybody’s got any ideas on that topic, please let me know.

Daphne

Welcome to the forum! I like your blog. :)

I think I can help with the inability to find these sites. I'm not sure why, but not all Domain Name Servers (DNS) have these sites listed. To get around that, you can add the sites to your hosts file on your computer.

On newer versions of windows (Win 2000, XP), that file can be found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc, but I don't remember the exact path to it on older versions. I know it'll be in C:\Windows, but I don't remember where. Look it up on google, or else just do a Windows search for a file called "hosts". Let me know if you can't find it.

Open the file called hosts with Notepad, Wordpad, or whatever text editor your prefer. Add these lines to the end, and make sure there's a carriage return after the last line:

64.246.26.118 www.superwomenmania.com
64.246.26.118 www.conceptfan.com
64.246.26.118 blog.conceptfan.com
64.246.26.118 inspiration.conceptfan.com

If you're not using a Windows based system (for instance a Macintosh, Unix, or Linux), I'm not sure how they deal with DNS exactly, but you should be able to find out with a google search. Let me know if you need help with that.

I'll email you this message, also, since I don't know if you'll see it here.

YAGS

More
09 Nov 2005 17:00 #3442 by Daphne
Replied by Daphne on topic Re: Hey guys and gals
Thanks Yags.

That seems to have solved my problems.

Daphne

• Daphne
  • Daphne's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds