Amount

Back from Hiatus

13 Dec 2005 03:00 #3792 by Rasa
Back from Hiatus was created by Rasa
After a disappearance apparently resulting from my ISP restricting access to this domain for the past three months, I'm back. I thought that the site had closed until I clicked my link for the first time in a few weeks, and it happened to work this time.

Anyway, I doubt that most ever knew I was gone or, for that matter, that I was ever here in the first place. I admire the many pillars of this online community that post here, but I have neither the talent nor the drive to become a community contributor on the scale of, say, Lfan, Conceptfan, Admin, Brantley, Shadar, Argonaut, White Paw, Bully, etc. (please don't take offense if I didn't mention your name in this list).

I've drawn no pictures and written no stories, though I have a couple that I've started and simply failed to generate the requisite resolve to finish. I do try look around the web a bit and post anything that I spot or to jump into a conversation in the forum here and there.

I became a fan of the strong-women genre after dating a rather pretty rock rock climber for a year or so shortly after leaving college. I love movies, and I'm a fairly voracious reader, but I was never really big on comics.

That said, I'd like to make a note of my appreciation for everyone who takes the time and effort to write, draw, post, and share your creations with everyone here. I believe that I speak for the thousands of anonymous readers and viewers when I offer a many, many thanks for your contributions!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rasa
  • Rasa's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2005 03:46 #3812 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Back from Hiatus
Rasa:

My girlfriend practically squirted beer through her nose when I told her that I'd been described as a pillar of a community.

People come and go -- and, hopefully, come back -- to these forums all the time.

With 77 posts, you're hardly the faceless freeloader you make yourself out to be ... and by posting links to "genre-related" stories at other sites, you're making your own contribution to SWM. If only more of our 1000+ "registered users" had your attitude.

Welcome back! (And I'm glad you liked my seasonal offering.)

Argonaut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds