Amount

tmppointer comics coming soon

27 Feb 2008 19:48 #11773 by superfunk
tmppointer comics coming soon was created by superfunk
Yes very soon

Stay tuned !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• superfunk
  • superfunk's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2008 05:35 #11775 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: tmppointer comics coming soon
Looking forward to it, but some more info would have been helpful. A preview picture maybe? Or blurb about what the comics are about?

Yes very soon

Stay tuned !

More
28 Feb 2008 18:23 #11777 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Re: tmppointer comics coming soon
Ok here it is,

This is my small sequential art project about a super powered alien female arrives to earth and causes some havoc. I know it is not so original, the story is quite familiar for the fans of this genre.

Since the commisions are hard to afford, almost every page of the sequential contains display of power (That is story telling falls a bit behind the strength feats.)

So far I requested the first three pages and received two of them. I'm happy with the art and planning the continuation.

I hope to share it with the community soon.

• superfunk
More
29 Feb 2008 05:59 #11784 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: tmppointer comics coming soon
Definitely looking forward to it then. Good luck with the artist. I was trying to turn one of my stories into a comic, but the artist I was using appears to have disappeared after designing the initial characters for me. So now I am stuck with three 3D characters with nothing to do....

Alexa

Ok here it is,

This is my small sequential art project about a super powered alien female arrives to earth and causes some havoc. I know it is not so original, the story is quite familiar for the fans of this genre.

Since the commisions are hard to afford, almost every page of the sequential contains display of power (That is story telling falls a bit behind the strength feats.)

So far I requested the first three pages and received two of them. I'm happy with the art and planning the continuation.

I hope to share it with the community soon.

More
29 Feb 2008 17:31 #11789 by superfunk

I was trying to turn one of my stories into a comic, but the artist I was using appears to have disappeared after designing the initial characters for me

Actually I was afraid of the same thing. When I described the story to the artist, I was a bit surprised that he found it cool and challenging. I thought he is not serious at first. But the art, he did, says he is. I hope it goes on.

• superfunk
More
09 Mar 2008 09:59 #11856 by superfunk
here these are the first three pages

johnbecaro.deviantart.com/art/Commissioned-COH-pages-79221134

hope you enjoy[/url]

• superfunk
More
09 Mar 2008 12:53 #11858 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: tmppointer comics coming soon
tmppointer,

Very nice. Love where you are going with this.

Curious to know what your artists rates are per page. I'm always looking for an artist willing to turn my twisted visions into reality.

Alexa and I were both trying to use the same artist but he has stopped answering emails unfortunately.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Mar 2008 14:56 #11859 by superfunk
Glad you like it sarge.

Curious to know what your artists rates are per page. I'm always looking for an artist willing to turn my twisted visions into reality.

It is better to ask to the artist. It depends on the quality of the art. Here is the link for his commisions page that may give you some idea,

johnbecaro.deviantart.com/journal/14864565/

Alexa and I were both trying to use the same artist but he has stopped answering emails unfortunately.

Unfortunately thats a risk. Same thing may apply the artist who I am working with (He thinks, it is done for City of Heroes). I don't know exactly how to overcome this. But I think that, it depends on the artist and your art. In my mere opinion,

1. Some artist doesn't like to involve with fetish art. (You may know the complaints made by Shade). When you are dealing with these type of artists, you have to tailor the story against the fetish content (or at least reduce it, I choose this :) and also I warned the artist for the content).

2. If you don't want to tailor the story . You have to choose an artist that have no limits (In example the artists that draw in Threshold for AVATAR comics :) ). But the artist rate per page may not fit in your budget.

• superfunk
More
09 Mar 2008 20:18 #11860 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: tmppointer comics coming soon
The guy I was initially working with had no hang ups on what he would depict. We were sending email and sketches back and forth for a few months and then I stopped getting responses. It was not a question of the content or material protrayed. Never an angry or negative word was said. Luckily no $ changed hands.

And yes, I do know the complaints with Shade. You pay up front and then wait and wait and wait.

• Sarge395
More
09 Mar 2008 23:01 #11861 by superfunk

We were sending email and sketches back and forth for a few months and then I stopped getting responses.

WOW sketches for a few months. Thats very long. I seems that, Alexa's quote for the artist, I am working with, is true. They are really fast. The whole work is done within a month and no conceptual sketches work prior was made. Despite my description for the comic or the character was not so accurate, the result was very satisfying. Finally we made some corrections and here it is. Phillipino artists may be good in this (At least they grew up with DARNA :)).

I am also working with an other artists (he was from UK), we started before the pages I got only one sketch so far (Actually he was the first artist, I did the request for the sequential art.). It seems, He is very very busy (or ...). However It is definitely worth to wait.

• superfunk
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds