Amount

Reality Unlimited

22 Nov 2008 20:49 #14203 by shadar
Reality Unlimited was created by shadar
Xenia, a Kecklavian shapechanger who has fallen to Earth, has been hiding out for the last few months, pretending to be human.

As you can see, she's done an OK job of looking human:

velorian.org/xenia_01.jpg

(Recall that Kecklavians in the Aurora Universe, are aliens who can mimic the appearance and powers of anyone they wish -- although not always perfectly.)

She's taken a job as a barista in a Starbucks that's located next to a new comic book shop that some guys are trying to set up. She's taken to hanging out there during breaks and talking to the guys, but doesn't really know how to help them.

Then she has a big idea... with their Grand Opening coming up, why doesn't she emulate both the look and the powers of the comic book Supergirl and show up during the celebration?

She figures it'll be good publicity for their new business, not to mention a kick for the guys to see their fantasy world turn into hard reality.

(As you can tell, she's still a bit naive about Earth's culture, and she's radically underestimating the impact of her little stunt.)

So, during lunch breaks, she studies their piles of comic books to figure out exactly who she's supposed to become. And then, she puts her new knowledge to work to create her most difficult shape yet.

The effort is long and very painful, but by Saturday morning, she's got it about right. Except for her eyes. Between mimicking the x-ray vision and the heat vision, she can't seem to shrink them down far enough to make everything fit and still look normal. But she's hoping the guys will enjoy her new look regardless.

All she has to do now is figure out how to fly without crashing into things, and in a few hours, she'll fly to their Grand Opening to unveil the new, and very real, Supergirl.

And... what the heck, while she's at it, she might just fix a few things. Earth is kind of messed up, especially with those terrorists and all.

---

In some of the picts linked below, Xenia's done a pretty good job emulating the look of a blonde Kryptonian (other than the eyes). But what was REALLY hard was create all those super powers.

In other picts, you can see that she's practicing her dark-haired Linda Danvers disguise. She goes a bit overboard and playfully tosses in one green and one blue eye. Why look plain when you can look fabulous, even if Linda is supposed to pretend she's merely human.

Of course, she had to make sure that she's totally super in both forms. So she "borrows" a 9mm from a drug dealer down the street, and points it at herself at point-blank range to check things out. Given the bullet holes you see in her top, she's got it right -- the bullets only tickled, despite where she aimed them.

However, as you may also notice in the last pict, she's gone a bit overboard on creating that gravity-defying Kryptonian figure. She's pretty much got the rest of the Supergirl thing working though, although she overshot the height at 6'3". She couldn't figure out how to pack all that Kryptonian power in a normal-sized body.

As I mentioned before, Kecklavian's aren't perfect.

But, with the advice and careful scrutiny of the guys next door, she can make a few tweaks over time and get it exactly right.

Anyone see the potential of a story here?

velorian.org/xenia_al02a.jpg
velorian.org/xenia_al008.jpg
velorian.org/Xenia-tchoumitcheva-42_642.jpg
velorian.org/Xenia-01xa.jpg

(NSFW!!)
velorian.org/xenia06g.jpg

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Nov 2008 20:52 #14204 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Reality Unlimited
Oh... and not to forget one other important picture, where she's working on creating the uniform as well:

velorian.org/xenia3597a.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
More
22 Nov 2008 22:38 #14205 by shadar
A different twist from a discussion between Xenia and Rob, one of the guys at the comic shop:

"Wait a minute... you said a moment ago that you morph your costume, just like everything else? You can make it come and go just like that." He snapped his fingers.

Xenia sat down in a chair and, like magic, her red boots faded and then disappeared. "Yeah. So?"

"So... your costume, even your boats, its kind of like skin, only in different colors."

"With some different texture and feel... but, yeah, in a way. I guess."

"So, technically, that means you're sitting here naked. Right now?" Rob asked, astonished and more than a little excited. "I'm looking at red and blue skin."

Xenia shrugged. "If you define naked as not wearing external clothing, then I guess so. But you shouldn't think of it that way. It's supposed to look and feel like fabric."

"But you can change it? Colors and style? Just like the boots."

She leaned back further in her chair, brushing her fingers through her hair. "And like them, I can make the costume go away completely if you wish."

velorian.org/xenia_7725a.jpg

• shadar
  • Away
More
22 Nov 2008 22:53 #14206 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Reality Unlimited

She leaned back further in her chair, brushing her fingers through her hair. "And like them, I can make the costume go away completely if you wish."

:shock: never ask a guy that question :D

More
22 Nov 2008 23:26 #14207 by shadar
"But if you're really going to go over to Pakistan and take out bin Laden, I don't think you should go as SG."

"Why not?"

"That's not her thing. You need to be someone who doesn't pull her punches. Someone who gets mad and gets even."

"As in...?" Xenia asked.

"PowerGirl. Besides, that'll make the bad guys think there are two Kryptonians. Scare the beJesus out of them."

"Isn't she rather... expansive?"

Rob handed her a pict. "About like this."

"That's insane," Xenia said as she studied it. "I'd fall over."

"Try it. Besides, you can fly."

"OK... I mean, what the hell..." Xenia shrugged.

She sat down on the floor, and her form began to fade, melting, then reforming before Rob's eyes. Within seconds, he saw the characteristic white uniform forming, her body taking shape beneath it.

"How about this?" she asked a minute later, looking up at him, the cut-out center of her costume so tantalizing.

Rob laughed as he saw her looking as slender as she had as SG, most of the difference just in the uniform. "Try about three cup sizes bigger. And short hair."

Xenia frowned at him. "I'll look ridiculous."

"Just try it."

She sighed, and her hair shortened to look more like the picture in front of her. Her chest began to inflate as well.

"More," Rob said, his heart pounding like a jackhammer. "Lots more."

Xenia dropped her hand between her legs as her "costume" faded down there as her top stretched out. She gave herself a final push, and then reformed the bottom of the uniform. She looked up at Rob.

"OK. This is it. I'm not making them an inch bigger."

Rob laughed, and then blushed, his body so hot. "Oh, yeah, baby. You'll definitely strike fear in the hearts of the Taliban now."

velorian.org/6749g.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
More
23 Nov 2008 15:09 #14210 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Reality Unlimited
I would gladly serve with Xenia, not sure what I could teach her. Maybe a little bit about tactics, maybe a little bit about the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy Taliban, and maybe just get my kicks watching all the costume changes and tweeks.

Love where this line of thought is going Shadar.

• Sarge395
More
23 Nov 2008 17:37 #14211 by shadar

I would gladly serve with Xenia, not sure what I could teach her. Maybe a little bit about tactics, maybe a little bit about the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy Taliban, and maybe just get my kicks watching all the costume changes and tweeks.

Sarge,
She's definitely going to need training, otherwise she'll cause more harm than good. The guys in the comic shop are hardly qualified.

Would you prefer training her looking like PG, or SG? Or have her trying on new looks like clothing? Even in civvies.

Of course, her "costume" is just part of her body... part of her shapechanging. But I suppose she can wear real clothing as well.

I guess we could even put her in a Burka so she could infiltrate. Boring until she took it off to let the bad guys see who they were really fighting.

Like this... tada...!

(Looks like the guys have been helping her get the costume right)

velorian.org/12161e.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
More
23 Nov 2008 19:19 #14213 by Sarge395
I would have to go back and forth many times between the two costumes and body styles so I could make an informed decision. Would hate to be rushed or hasty. :o

I would love to see her tear apart some Taliban terrorists. She could infiltrate in a burkha as a school teacher. Start planting good ideas about how women are equal to men into college girls heads. They bring those notions back to home and word spreads. The terrorists burst into her classroom and the fun begins. They don't know where she lives because she secrectly flies off at night. Would be interesting to see how she gets the job in the first place. Maybe intimidates the principal and he keeps his silence or is 'forced' on a long trip away.

• Sarge395
More
23 Nov 2008 19:45 #14214 by shadar
As far as her school teacher look, we'd use her dark-haired Linda persona:

velorian.org/xenia_al02a.jpg
velorian.org/xenia_al008.jpg

and then add the burkha. Those blue and green eyes, shining through the eyeholes in the burkha would dazzle the locals. They put a lot of stock in eye play, given they don't have much other body language to work with.

Of course, once the burkha comes off, and the bad guys see girl beneath, they'll make some rather dubious decisions regarding how to treat her. I'm sure she'll set the straight.

Of course, her subsequent transformation into a ravishing blonde in costume will probably strike them blind -- if they are still breathing at that point.

Agree with you... story has legs. But it'll take some advice going into get it right. You mind if I pass some drafts and ideas past you so I can get the military and Taliban stuff right?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
More
23 Nov 2008 20:35 #14215 by Sarge395
Bounce all you want off of me.

They have different burkha styles actually. The really old school ones have mesh covering the eyes so you can barely make out the eyes. Sadly we used to get excited if it was going to be a windy day. The burkhas would press up against the bodies and we could make out some nice outlines on the younger women. Damm Yankee Infidels. Many of the younger gals were even wearing nice looking shoes/heels (2" or less I would say) and some ankles were being exposed. That is what happens when you go without seeing US women for roughly a year.

• Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds