Amount

Supergirl #2

30 Jun 2005 07:41 #1621 by anterion
Supergirl #2 was created by anterion
After seeing Supergirl standing over a fallen Powergirl on the preview artwork of her first upcomming issue, I got the feeling she'll be fighting with every hero in DC universe after seing the cover for the second one:

store.yahoo.com/wizarduniverse/jul050209.html

(Click on the cover to get a bigger picture)

:) It's like in the old DC/Marvel crossover issues where the heros always fought each other before realizing they were both good guys .

See ya,

Anterion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anterion
  • anterion's Avatar Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2005 14:52 #1623 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Supergirl #2
We'll have to see how the story develops. I know some comic fans have already dismissed this entire series as "Supergirl beating up one hero after the next every month to prove how powerful she is" type of book without even seeing or reading the first issue. Just give it a chance...

More
30 Jun 2005 20:32 #1624 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Supergirl #2

We'll have to see how the story develops. I know some comic fans have already dismissed this entire series as "Supergirl beating up one hero after the next every month to prove how powerful she is" type of book without even seeing or reading the first issue. Just give it a chance...

"Supergirl beating up one hero after the next every month to prove how piwerful she is" might not make for a high-concept series -- but it works for me!

Not to nit-pick, but "beating up one hero AFTER the NEXT" ...? (Just sounds odd, when you think about it.)

More
30 Jun 2005 21:10 #1625 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Supergirl #2
You're right. I should have proof read that before I hit "submit". I should have used "another" instead of "the next". My significant other is a reporter (i.e. grammar professional) and would be so embarrassed if she ever found out about this. :oops:

More
30 Jun 2005 21:47 #1626 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Supergirl #2
Hey, if anyone ever went over MY old posts with a fine-toothed comb ...

Actually, I only noticed the peculiarity in your phrasing as I was typing my previous message -- which by the way I see contains a typo!

Just goes to show: Nobody's perfetc.

More
30 Jun 2005 22:40 #1627 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Supergirl #2
Speak for yourself! :P

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds