Amount

Supergirl 50

23 Oct 2009 18:45 #17057 by Random321
Supergirl 50 was created by Random321
So Supergirl 50 is here in February. A major mile stone for the graphic novel. I've been enjoying quality art and a good story for the last year in this book. I'm pleased.

The sales on it have also held up ~ hopefully it will do okay when all the crossovers end.

There are rumors of a costume change in #50 ~ I hope it's not dramatic as I think they have an okay one dialed in.

The solicit cover for January is out ~ haunting IMHO.

This last issue out Wednesday I also enjoyed. Some have been saying "Reactron" is played out as a villain ~ I've just been enjoying SG having a solid villain to go against. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be more development with good villains and supporting cast here soon.

I’m wondering if they are going to set Lana Lang up as a villain or kill her off. I like this Lana a great deal ~ I’ve not been a fan of the Smallville version so I’m hoping they do something good with her. There are a ton of interesting possibilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
26 Oct 2009 11:34 #17079 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Supergirl 50
But the problem is: reactron isn't her villain, he isn't going to stay on her enemies gallery, he is simply a story arc baddie which it isn't going to be used anymore... I am feeling Supergirl are going to be cancelled after New Kripton, because Sterling Gates aren't that much solid writer and he lacks of Supergirl understanding.

Anyway I am not enjoying this Supergirl that much, she doesn't seem to care about the mankind and don't have any real wish to blend with "us"

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
27 Oct 2009 11:48 #17091 by Lastleaf
Replied by Lastleaf on topic Re: Supergirl 50

But the problem is: reactron isn't her villain, he isn't going to stay on her enemies gallery, he is simply a story arc baddie which it isn't going to be used anymore... I am feeling Supergirl are going to be cancelled after New Kripton, because Sterling Gates aren't that much solid writer and he lacks of Supergirl understanding.

Anyway I am not enjoying this Supergirl that much, she doesn't seem to care about the mankind and don't have any real wish to blend with "us"

I don't know where you got that ideas about Gates, lacking Supergirl understanding he's the one that "redefined and stabilized" the character. The creative team of Gates and Igle has made Supergirl a success.

More
27 Oct 2009 13:18 #17094 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Supergirl 50
Not really... If you notice Sterling is Geoff Johns' Sidekick, he reshaped Kara to fit exactly on New Kripton, so he wasn't the one who came to "save" supergirl, he simply came to prime her to New Kripton, if Kara book survive New Kripton saga maybe he is going to work on her, and lets pray he do a really good solo work on her, because his GA/BC book is barely acceptable.

Which kind of writer would kill an "anchor" character which he even had used for more than 30 pages? And which kind of writer would jump into a train 2 months before a major ubber saga start?

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
27 Oct 2009 14:41 #17097 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supergirl 50
I actually am enjoying the SG arc of late from a story AND artwork perspective, though I tend to side with the Eavatar (I think) in that they blending/morphing her a little too much into the whole New Krypton thing. TBH, I think the whole earthers vs Kryptonians storyline is getting a tad worn out now spanning through so many books (ala Xmen). I actually kinda like the mystery/suspense to the title with first Superwoman and now Lana, though I'll be a little disappointed if they 86 her like it seems they setting up to do. Still, its the best the book has been in a while.....

ElF

Not really... If you notice Sterling is Geoff Johns' Sidekick, he reshaped Kara to fit exactly on New Kripton, so he wasn't the one who came to "save" supergirl, he simply came to prime her to New Kripton, if Kara book survive New Kripton saga maybe he is going to work on her, and lets pray he do a really good solo work on her, because his GA/BC book is barely acceptable.

Which kind of writer would kill an "anchor" character which he even had used for more than 30 pages? And which kind of writer would jump into a train 2 months before a major ubber saga start?

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Nov 2009 06:31 #17555 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Re: Supergirl 50
hi everyone,

also just extra note on supergirl no 50 a certain helen slater will be writing story on it i would luv 2 see just once wear s costume again i looking fotward 2 it anyway

dave

More
19 Feb 2010 16:27 #18286 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Supergirl 50
Art: A ~ Jamal and the ink and color team does a great job on human expresion and form. No "flat" comic characters here like so many comic artists.

Main Story: A ~ No teasers no spoilers ~ I liked it a great deal. Supergirl specific villians. Action. An assortment of complementary co-stars.

"Hellen Slater" Story: A cute concept ~ but fell a bit short. I expected just a tad more substance ~ but I guess it gave the light fun feeling for a milestone book that the main story did not.

They've already run out at my comic shop ~ hope you got yours.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
19 Feb 2010 19:08 #18288 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supergirl 50
Liked it a lot as well, Random......good art -- like the way they draw her, somewhere in the vast middle of 'boy-shorted, box-shaped, adolescent Mary Jane' and 'pre-pubescent, stick-thin sexpot'.

As for the story, interesting twist (won't give SPOILERS), but the BEST part was the first couple of pages, couple with the last one! :D

ElF

Art: A ~ Jamal and the ink and color team does a great job on human expresion and form. No "flat" comic characters here like so many comic artists.

Main Story: A ~ No teasers no spoilers ~ I liked it a great deal. Supergirl specific villians. Action. An assortment of complementary co-stars.

"Hellen Slater" Story: A cute concept ~ but fell a bit short. I expected just a tad more substance ~ but I guess it gave the light fun feeling for a milestone book that the main story did not.

They've already run out at my comic shop ~ hope you got yours.

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds