Amount

Dynamite Comics Bionic Woman March 2012

17 Dec 2011 03:09 #25716 by AJF
Due to the succces of the Bionic Man, Dynmite Comics is releasing a BW comic in March 2012. Is this just a one shot, mini series or a monthly series?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2011 03:24 #25717 by AJF
The report comes from Bleeding cool.com. No writer is the covr artist is Paul something. There is even a cover image of issue 1.

The first 10 issuse of Bionic Man adapt KS' screenplay . Issue 10 won't be released untill June 2012. Wasn't Jamie going to become bionic in the pages of BM?

• AJF
More
19 Dec 2011 11:08 #25730 by mechjok

More
02 Dec 2012 19:45 #29535 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Re: Dynamite Comics Bionic Woman March 2012
As you may know now there is a lot of strength feats in this comics so far (5 issues out, still waiting for the end of the 1rst Arc with no 6). And coming next: Fembots !!! Yeah !

More
03 Dec 2012 14:20 #29544 by AJF
Issue 10 is the last issue. It's being cancelled due poor sales. They gave up on the book after just 5 issues.

Being three months late pretty much killed sales. Many of Dynamite Entertainments books are months late. Not a well run comic book publisher.

• AJF
More
03 Dec 2012 15:06 #29545 by lfan
Well said....Dynamite is terrible in delivering on time. Much like the remade TV series, she never got a chance out of the gate....

ElF

More
03 Dec 2012 16:16 #29546 by AJF
Bionic Man is now three months late. BW will most likely get rebooted with an new writer and artist team in a year or two.

• AJF
More
18 Sep 2013 13:11 #33089 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Dynamite Comics Bionic Woman March 2012
I've watched and liked the 2007 TV series so I thought I should try the new comic now that all 10 issues are out. Man, I wish I didn't.

I admit I've read very few comics in my life but my opinion could hardly be any worse about this one.
First, drawings are terrible. Faces are ugly, and sometimes you can't even make out what you're looking at. Some panels are just sketched. Coloring doesn't do any better with its flat, hyper-saturated childish tones.
And second, the plot's too cheesy. A bionic woman with a lesbian sidekick fighting for fembots? Seriously? It's a miracle they didn't make them all naked for the sake of it. I like sexiness in comics, but not when it's flat out fan service.
Also, zero character development. Here Jaime is less than bidimensional.

I'm honestly glad this crap didn't make it past issue 10.

More
18 Sep 2013 14:44 #33090 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Dynamite Comics Bionic Woman March 2012
Agree 100%....very disappointing! Add to that the incredibly delayed scheduled as it was running and it was pretty frustrating.

The best ubergirl comic of note running is World's Finest which features Powergirl kicking some ass in literally almost every issue in some form. I hope it has staying power for a while....

ElF

j2001 wrote: I've watched and liked the 2007 TV series so I thought I should try the new comic now that all 10 issues are out. Man, I wish I didn't.

I admit I've read very few comics in my life but my opinion could hardly be any worse about this one.
First, drawings are terrible. Faces are ugly, and sometimes you can't even make out what you're looking at. Some panels are just sketched. Coloring doesn't do any better with its flat, hyper-saturated childish tones.
And second, the plot's too cheesy. A bionic woman with a lesbian sidekick fighting for fembots? Seriously? It's a miracle they didn't make them all naked for the sake of it. I like sexiness in comics, but not when it's flat out fan service.

More
18 Sep 2013 16:40 #33092 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Dynamite Comics Bionic Woman March 2012

lfan wrote: Agree 100%....very disappointing! Add to that the incredibly delayed scheduled as it was running and it was pretty frustrating.

The best ubergirl comic of note running is World's Finest which features Powergirl kicking some ass in literally almost every issue in some form. I hope it has staying power for a while....

ElF

j2001 wrote: I've watched and liked the 2007 TV series so I thought I should try the new comic now that all 10 issues are out. Man, I wish I didn't.

I have to agree on almost all counts, I only read the first couple of issue of BW, but both were pretty much a disappointment to me. The character was two-dimensionally ruthless, to a point never reached even by the worst James Bond, and the whole fembot thing was well ... not my thing at all.
I know that the Dynamite tries to stay true to the style of the original material, but in this case I think they did it the wrong way.

The only point I have to disagree a bit are the delays, the Dynamite is notorious for them, so I don't think it's fair to hold it against them too much.

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds