Amount

Wonder Woman new look (at least for the moment)

18 Apr 2012 13:18 #27002 by Woodclaw
Comicvine published this yesterday. It seems that in issue #8 Diana will get a new look.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I don't know about you but I love this look. It's not a perfect fit, I admit, but it has several pluses for me.
  1. She finally look as a warrior instead of a cheerleader
  2. The costume is supposed to be an armor, now it looks like one
  3. I love sandals over boots for her
  4. It incorporates enough elements of her classic look to see a continuity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, inactive, Ravens_ghost, chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Apr 2012 19:19 #27005 by ChaozCloud
Not a fan of that look.
1. If you're only going to have armor on one arm, then have it on the arm that's going to be defending. Putting that much armor on your arm will limit it's movement, making it harder to attack.
2. Why no armor on the thighs?

More
18 Apr 2012 19:21 #27006 by Artnico
Agree with you. This new look is better than the previous one with pants and Harley Davidson' boots ! :laugh:
It's more turned on the antique Grece, especially with the sandals.

But I don't like the way Diana is systematicly showed with a sword in her hand : for me, Wonder Woman is a warrior, but she doesn't need any sword or kind of weapon to fight, beacause she has her own super strength !

More
18 Apr 2012 19:27 #27007 by inactive
I like it a lot.

- GeekSeven

More
18 Apr 2012 21:40 #27009 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: Wonder Woman new look (at least for the moment)
I think it looks good. I agree that the sandals (and the greaves) are awesome!

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
18 Apr 2012 22:36 #27010 by yohashuan
I feel bad for nerdy little kids entering puberty today. How are they supposed to fixate on cartoons and comic books, and develop weird pervy superstrength fetishes like the rest of us, if they don't even show tits or ass on superheroines anymore? Dislike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grayface

More
18 Apr 2012 22:54 #27011 by Woodclaw

ChaozCloud wrote: Not a fan of that look.
1. If you're only going to have armor on one arm, then have it on the arm that's going to be defending. Putting that much armor on your arm will limit it's movement, making it harder to attack.
2. Why no armor on the thighs?

As a general rule putting armor only on one arm doesn't make sense, except when the rule of cool is invoked. True there were armors with a more heavily armored side but, as you pointed out, this was usually the side devoted to defense.
Aside from that lots of people are fixated with this idea that armor limits movement. It's ture, but not to the extent of making movement impossible
The lack of thighs armor is probably anod to anciet greek armors.

Artnico wrote: Agree with you. This new look is better than the previous one with pants and Harley Davidson' boots ! :laugh:
It's more turned on the antique Grece, especially with the sandals.

But I don't like the way Diana is systematicly showed with a sword in her hand : for me, Wonder Woman is a warrior, but she doesn't need any sword or kind of weapon to fight, beacause she has her own super strength !

Personally I consider the sword a sort of extra. Diana is already superstrong, the sword is just when she expects major trouble. In this case she was about to venture into hell itself, so extra weaponry isn't completly out of place.

yohashuan wrote: I feel bad for nerdy little kids entering puberty today. How are they supposed to fixate on cartoons and comic books, and develop weird pervy superstrength fetishes like the rest of us, if they don't even show tits or ass on superheroines anymore? Dislike.

Yosh, in this case I have to disagree with you. I don't know if it's just me, but sometime a fully clothed woman can be 10 times sexier thana completly naked one.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Apr 2012 23:01 #27012 by inactive

yohashuan wrote: I feel bad for nerdy little kids entering puberty today. How are they supposed to fixate on cartoons and comic books, and develop weird pervy superstrength fetishes like the rest of us, if they don't even show tits or ass on superheroines anymore? Dislike.

If I had seen this outfit when I was a kid, I would have fixated the hell out of it...

- GeekSeven

More
19 Apr 2012 16:36 #27015 by Markiehoe
I too agree that sometimes more clothes are sexier, however I do not like the armor on her sword arm. From the belly down her outfit is perfect.

More
21 Apr 2012 16:48 #27029 by Artnico

This doesn't negate what I said before, but I totally agree with you Yohashuan!

More
27 Apr 2012 09:35 #27089 by Tara_Tainton
Replied by Tara_Tainton on topic Re: Wonder Woman new look (at least for the moment)
Nice! I love the gladiator look on her!

...Fulfilling Your Fantasies
www.TaraTainton.com
www.TaraTaintonXXXVideo.com

More
27 Apr 2012 16:43 #27091 by Rip Harden

Mmm, and I spent the 60s and 70s feverishly watching every episode of Get Smart so I could catch those brilliant moments when Mary Jack Armstrong (in a maid outfit) carried a fridge or tore off a steel door. Yeah, it's tough for kids today with this internet thingy!

"Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable." - Oscar Wilde

More
27 Apr 2012 19:50 #27092 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Wonder Woman new look (at least for the moment)

Ooh! It's Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman!

More
28 Apr 2012 05:52 #27102 by inactive

Captain Marbles wrote: Ooh! It's Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman!

Or Cobie Smulders!

- GeekSeven

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds