Amount

Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2

03 May 2012 19:35 #27165 by lfan
Continuing the "feature" that tmppointer started, we're gonna try and continue doing this every week. Please feel free to append ones that we omit or overlook, but do not post scans of the scenes in question,

May 2nd
=======

Supergirl -- Supergirl goes up against soem SWAT guys on a couple of occassions. Good invulnerability and some strength scenes. Decent artwork.

World's Finest #1 -- Hope they keep this up! Great new book and art featuring Powergirl and Huntress on Earth 2. Aside from the god-awful costume design, the art is outstanding and the book itself is pretty good so far. PG has a number of strength scenes and despite losing her "boob window" costume, she manages to show some clevage, complements of an explosion that rips apart her clothes quite 'strategically'. Multiple scenes (about 4) of her bending and lifting things with her superstrength.

Epic Kill -- No superstrength here, but an interesting book about a young asian girl who is the perfect weapon. Think Kill Bill + Salt + Matrix in this one. Her fighting abilities are quite superhuman, eventhough she doesn't have any powers aside from super-agility and supersenses (again, think Matrix bullet-time)

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: superfunk, steelknight3000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 May 2012 00:39 #27172 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Re: Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2
Thanks lfan,

World's Finest was the most impressive one. I think that also concludes this week. These are my additional findings;

Grim Fairy Tales Myths and Legends #16

Don't know much about the story. But there is a character who is dressed like super-heroine. Nothing much actually, in the last panels she takes some sort of fire blast but she is completely unharmed.

There is a new online comic. The protagonist is a half-vampire mostly who mostly fights with her blades. But she can handle lot of punishment.

www.drunkduck.com/Hellrazer_the_Series/

And Does anybody know about the Frank Cho's and Joe Keatings Brutal ?. It was supposed to be published in this Spring. Couldn't find any more news about it.

More
04 May 2012 02:52 - 04 May 2012 02:54 #27174 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2
Thanks for the other finds, Tmp! Will have to look at the Grimm Fairy Tales....I usually only gravitate towards Zenescope when they are doing "Fly" but they do have -- I think -- some of the best artists around (DeBalfo, Ruffino, Johnson, Garza, etc). Shame they don't do more superheroines....

tmppointer wrote: And Does anybody know about the Frank Cho's and Joe Keatings Brutal ?. It was supposed to be published in this Spring. Couldn't find any more news about it.

Re: Brutal, I talked with Frank Cho over email and he said it "was neither cancelled nor in process, just postponed for now"

ElF
Last edit: 04 May 2012 02:54 by lfan.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 May 2012 05:41 #27185 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Re: Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2

lfan wrote: I usually only gravitate towards Zenescope when they are doing "Fly" but they do have -- I think -- some of the best artists around (DeBalfo, Ruffino, Johnson, Garza, etc). Shame they don't do more superheroines....

I completely agree, they have really great artists. And... lots of female characters. But couldn't find much for our tastes.

lfan wrote: Re: Brutal, I talked with Frank Cho over email and he said it "was neither cancelled nor in process, just postponed for now"

ElF

Thanks for that !!! It is good to hear it is not cancelled.

More
05 May 2012 09:46 #27188 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2
Love that "out of costume" strength in World's Finest. Always the best part.

More
05 May 2012 21:38 #27195 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Weekly Ubergirl Comic Report for 5/2

lfan wrote: Re: Brutal, I talked with Frank Cho over email and he said it "was neither cancelled nor in process, just postponed for now"

ElF

I'm glad that it's not cancelled, but I'm sad that it is postponed. I've been looking forward to it.

- GeekSeven

More
06 May 2012 01:14 #27197 by inactive
Popped into my LCBS for free comic book day. I also picked up Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest.

Earth 2 was good, but a little disappointing from an ubergirl point of view. Supergirl (aka Power Girl) is there, but doesn't do much other than to set up Worlds' Finest. Wonder Woman kicks ass and takes names, but ultimately... Will not be the star of this book. I'll keep reading it; I hope that Hawkgirl makes her promised appearance and is awesome.

Worlds' Finest goes straight onto my must list. Great Power Girl/Huntress combo action. The art is fabulous for the most part. Although I still think the costume design for Power Girl is not great, there are times when it doesn't matter. Below is one of my favorite shots of PG in action.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

- GeekSeven

More
06 May 2012 04:06 #27202 by inactive
As others have mentioned, there is also some very nice "casual" use of powers by Kara in Worlds' Finest.

- GeekSeven

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds