Amount

Report for 180712

18 Jul 2012 22:25 - 19 Jul 2012 06:51 #27908 by ChaozCloud
Report for 180712 was created by ChaozCloud
Captain Marvel #1: Had some good action against the Absorbing Man. Pretty promising. Costume looks horrible though.

Justice League #11: Wonder Woman fights with the rest of the group for a few pages.

Will update as I read more comics.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2012 06:51 by ChaozCloud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superfunk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ChaozCloud
  • ChaozCloud's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Jul 2012 06:09 #27911 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Report for 180712
The "new" Captain Marvel also stars alongside Spidey in issue #9 of "Avenging Spider-Man".

It's a fun story (to be continued) and the cover art is one of my favorite depictions of Carol in her new costume.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
19 Jul 2012 10:45 #27913 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Report for 180712
Read both and enjoyed them. Hate the artwork though in Captain Marvel 1. Why can't it be like it was for the Spider-Man issue? I actually am going to come down on the opposite side of the costume thoughts so far, I like it.

More
22 Jul 2012 02:40 #27939 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Report for 180712
Finally made my way to the local comic book store to pick up Captain Marvel #1. I thought the writing was terrific - really gave a good sense of Carol's hotshot, daredevil character and her snarky relationships with the equally strong-willed men and women around her. There's also a good sense of her sheer power, especially in the scene where she takes a quick jaunt into space to clear her head.

The costume design is growing on me. I really liked some of the fan takes on the new look at the back of the issue. I'll miss the old swimsuit, but the editor's letter was right: it was of another time.

The art is... an acquired taste which I have not yet fully acquired. In places it comes across as powerful and starkly beautiful. In other places, people look like zombies. I hope that as the artist continues, we get more of the former and less of the latter. I certainly like it better as a whole issue than I did from the previews.

- GeekSeven

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds