Amount

Report For 01082012

04 Aug 2012 06:08 #28073 by superfunk
Report For 01082012 was created by superfunk
This weeks findings

Worlds Finest #4

Greate Powergirl action ! Definitely the best i have seen so far in 2012.

Hypernaturals #2

Nothing much.The female protagonist has super speed power that causes devastating results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• superfunk
  • superfunk's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2012 07:31 #28078 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Report For 01082012
Supergirl back in July had about a 4 page brawl in it that was fun - nothing epic strength wise but fun action. I like the story so far – but she’s still not the Supergirl I really like.

More
09 Aug 2012 03:10 #28097 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Report For 01082012
Worlds' Finest #4 also features a shout-out to PGs iconic window.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Also this week, the second part of the Avenging Spider-Man story featuring the new Captain Marvel. Alas, she was relegated to supporting status in this concluding episode, but it was still fun and Carol's strong personality shines through.

- GeekSeven
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

More
09 Aug 2012 07:36 #28100 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Report For 01082012
I thought that was great shout-out too... here's a cropped and enlarged image from that panel... desktop wallpaper grade:

velorian.net/earth2_pg01.jpg

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Aug 2012 07:45 #28101 by shadar
What I forgot to say is this is what happens when you stop a missile with a high-explosive warhead with your, ah, chest. Leave it to PG to find a way to do that as dramatically as possible. And here on Earth-2, her costume is very tough but obviously not as tough as she is and definitely not Kryptonian material.

One of the points of the Earth-2 series is that she's depowered a fair bit from her former life as Supergirl on Earth-1, but she's less inhibited and outright sexy and flirtatious. But as shown in this dramatic scene, she's not all that wimpy.

Of course, I don't have a good explanation why here hair is shorter and her chest is bigger than before she was zapped from one dimension to another.

But hell, this is the comics. I really like the way they have turned her into an interesting Karen Starr and a classic PG (well, except for the costume).

Shadar

• shadar
More
10 Aug 2012 20:19 #28130 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Report For 01082012
Come on DC - I was dealing with the SG costume change because the story has been okay so far... ...but

#1 "Supergirl too meets the villainous H’el. But what happens when Kara finds herself agreeing with his pro-Krypton/anti-Earth plans?"
Random - "Sigh"

#2 Solict from November SM shows SG hanging from a lamp pole.
Random - "Double Sigh"

#3 Cross overs again already...
Random - ...

comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/10/superman-t...pergirl-in-november/

More
11 Aug 2012 17:36 #28137 by shadar
The good news is that they aren't rehashing old plot lines and villains. And I've always liked the thread of Kryptonian culture that winds through various SG books these last years. We have to remember that unlike Superman, she grew up on Krypton and finds Earth very strange. While Supes is genetically Kryptonian, he's completely Terran when it comes to emotions, thoughts and culture. Kara truly is a Kryptonian and always will be.

They emphasized this point in the Smallville TV series and in many books and that appears to be the trend going forward. That she's a more advanced being, which gives her some powers (other than perhaps raw strength) that are greater than Superman. I think that's great and it distances her from being just a female version of him (a side-kick) as she was for decades and decades in the earlier comics. That never made sense to me given her radically different upbringing and culture. Don't get me started on the whole "dumping her into an orphanage" thing.

I also like the fact that its taking her a long time in the DC52 series to learn any Terran languages. Where she came from, everyone spoke Kryptonian so she has no experience in learning different languages. So it will take her a while.

Bottom line... she's thoroughly alien, so its no surprise she'll initially have a soft spot for Kryptonian culture and will see its many advantages over Earth's various dysfunctional cultures, our screwed up governments and economics and our primitive technology. As bad as Krypton might have been at the end, she'll only remember the good stuff, which is typical for most survivors. And she's young, so she'll make lots of mistakes while figuring out how to live on Earth, some of them doozies.

Of course, I'm expecting that she'll wisen up and not force Kryptonian culture on Earthlings, but we'll see how quickly she realizes the error of her ways (or the futility of fighting indigenous cultures and religions). One thing is clear... she's extremely intelligent and a very fast learner. At this point, she can think her way around both Supes and his Superboy clone (who is one character I've never enjoyed, other than when SG makes him look like an idiot).

While I've got the mike, here's a picture of what I think a young Kara should look like when trying to fit in on Earth. Picture yourself hanging out with her in the kitchen, just a couple of new friends who are sharing some hot chocolate (which she thinks tastes amazing) while she talks sadly about what Kryptonian life was like. Her accent is thick, but you're getting the gist of things.

You're in turn doing your best to explain Terran customs to her, although that's difficult given her partial understanding of English.

Along the way, your cup of cocoa got cold, so she takes it from your hand to reheat it, albeit in a way only a Kryptonian can do. Which serves as a reminder that while she looks very human, she isn't. A reminder that you've got a lot of things to teach her.

velorian.net/kara_alt03.jpg

Shadar

Random321 wrote: Come on DC - I was dealing with the SG costume change because the story has been okay so far... ...but

#1 "Supergirl too meets the villainous H’el. But what happens when Kara finds herself agreeing with his pro-Krypton/anti-Earth plans?"
Random - "Sigh"

#2 Solict from November SM shows SG hanging from a lamp pole.
Random - "Double Sigh"

#3 Cross overs again already...
Random - ...

comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/10/superman-t...pergirl-in-november/

• shadar
More
12 Aug 2012 16:49 #28141 by Brantwood
Replied by Brantwood on topic Report For 01082012
Hey Random321;

the Link from Superwomenmania to your Site is infected with Trojan-Programm !!

It is called " Trojan iframe " or so !!!

Just fyi !!

Greetings Brantwood

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds