Amount

JSA Classified #3

28 Sep 2005 07:41 #2804 by lojack
JSA Classified #3 was created by lojack
Ok, in all the razzing of Lfan, I forgot to mention that part 3 of 4 of the origin of Powergirl came out last week. Thoughts anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lojack
  • lojack's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2005 07:49 #2806 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic Re: JSA Classified #3
First post! :P (although I think that gets negated by posting in your own topic!)

Ok, I must admit I'm not up to date on the Psycho Pirate (but I'm trying to fill that knowledge gap) but it is interesting how a variety of possible 'origins' have been debunked by his 'messing' with reality. I really am looking forward to the next issue, even though I am saddened by the fact that that is it for her (at least for now.) I really would love to see her in her own book, escpecially if drawn by Amanda. I just like the creative team on it. (Unlike the Supergirl art team, I really have problems with the art in that book (excpt for the faces oddly enough.))

I know that the stories of PG and SG are worked together by both book's writers, and she is to play a part in the upcoming crisis event, so I can only hope we get to see more of her. But I'm rambling now. Thoughts?

• lojack
More
28 Sep 2005 14:12 #2822 by anterion
Replied by anterion on topic Re: JSA Classified #3
After the first two issues I thought... "Woah.. they're really messing with her mind by throwing those possible origins at her."

After issue three I just pitty her... damn.. how many possible origions did they come up with anyway? :shock: :shock:

Quiet a nice idea to make the tangled up backgrounds of her a plot element and use it the way they did.

I'm also at a loss about the abilities of the Psycho Pirate but he seems to be taken serious by the JSA.

So I'm waiting desperately for issue #4. I really want to know how they are going to untangle _that_ mess.

One thing bothers me though...

1) It is said she's going to be a big part of the crisis event.
2) There _is_ something strange going on between her an SG (SG v5 Issue #1), like they are the same person or something similar.
3) We know what happened in the first crisis...

I sure hope I am wrong... but for me it looks like PG is going to suffer the fate of SG during the first crisis.

Thoughts on that?

More
29 Sep 2005 07:19 #2840 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic Re: JSA Classified #3
I would hope not, you would think that why would you finally nail her down shortly before killing her. I wanted to say "She's been around 30 years, they aren't going to off her," but then at the time of crisis, SG had been around for roughly 30 years, so there goes that theory... :roll:

But then she is one of the few characters who actually lived through crisis, so maybe she's a pivot point for the next one, so she is safe again. Really hard to say, I've seen a lot of theories either way.

But in the SG book, the statement was made that SG and PG are like different versions trying to occupy the same physical space. So I think her origin will be back to what is was- some sort of Kryptonian cousin to supes. (and she was cousin to the more cosmic one if I remember correctly. I'll have to scan crisis again to make sure.)

• lojack
More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds