Amount

XX Men

14 Jan 2013 19:04 #30126 by lfan
XX Men was created by lfan
Marvel launching an all-female X-Men team in April:

"The new book simply titled X-Men (they missed an opportunity by not calling it X-Women if you ask me) will feature Jubilee, Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pride, Rachel Grey, and Psylocke. Jubilee will serve as the main character for the new X-book."

www.comicbooktherapy.com/brian-wood-to-l...ale-x-men-book-66778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Jan 2013 22:02 - 14 Jan 2013 22:20 #30127 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic XX Men
The last line of the article is:
"What do you think about a fully female book?"
Like this is something new.
AC Comic's FemForce premiered back in 1985 and is still going.
The senior writer at Comic Book Therapy does not know his comics very well.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 22:20 by Markiehoe. Reason: punctuation

More
18 Jan 2013 02:29 #30160 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic XX Men
When I got to the point where it said the male-writer of the all-female cast book was going to "challenge the double standards in superhero books where someone like Wolverine can sleep with everybody but if a female character does it twice she’s promiscuous," I got flashbacks to the outrage over the DC reboot in which Starfire became a curved-back ho in a misguided attempt at showing equality and feminine strength. I'm feeling like this is going to be another swing-and-a-miss for those corporate execs trying to reach the elusive female audience.

(* And that's coming from a guy who's spent the better part of two decades fapping to fantasy stories of Supergirl found on an internet fetish community).

More
18 Jan 2013 02:36 #30161 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic XX Men

yohashuan wrote: When I got to the point where it said the male-writer of the all-female cast book was going to "challenge the double standards in superhero books where someone like Wolverine can sleep with everybody but if a female character does it twice she’s promiscuous," I got flashbacks to the outrage over the DC reboot in which Starfire became a curved-back ho in a misguided attempt at showing equality and feminine strength. I'm feeling like this is going to be another swing-and-a-miss for those corporate execs trying to reach the elusive female audience.

(* And that's coming from a guy who's spent the better part of two decades fapping to fantasy stories of Supergirl found on an internet fetish community).

The problem is, these corporate types THINK they know what people want, but they don't understand what WE want. they're really just throwing darts at the stock page and going with what they think are safe bets.

More
18 Jan 2013 02:46 - 18 Jan 2013 02:47 #30162 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic XX Men
Classic post in my book. Made my chuckle of the night!

This post:
When I got to the point where it said the male-writer of the all-female cast book was going to "challenge the double standards in superhero books where someone like Wolverine can sleep with everybody but if a female character does it twice she’s promiscuous," I got flashbacks to the outrage over the DC reboot in which Starfire became a curved-back ho in a misguided attempt at showing equality and feminine strength. I'm feeling like this is going to be another swing-and-a-miss for those corporate execs trying to reach the elusive female audience.

Last edit: 18 Jan 2013 02:47 by Sarge395. Reason: Added post

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds