Amount

Comics for April

09 Apr 2013 02:42 #31049 by lojack
Comics for April was created by lojack
I popped into the local shop this weekend and can note that there is a bit of a WW vs army thing going on in Injustice #3. That was all I really saw for the week, although there was a brief panel or two in Ame-Comi #2. I like Captain Marvel from a story standpoint, but unfortunately, the current artist they have on the book just isn't right. Doesn't get/do action fight scenes well. Would be great if they got the new chap they have over on Journeys into Mystery. That guy makes me want to go pick up the more recent back issues with Sif.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, superfunk, Artnico

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lojack
  • lojack's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Apr 2013 19:55 #31057 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Comics for April
There is also a scene in Smallville Season 11 Issue 41 where Super Lana lifts a truck. It has a potential in next issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, steelknight3000

More
10 Apr 2013 14:58 #31065 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Comics for April

tmppointer wrote: There is also a scene in Smallville Season 11 Issue 41 where Super Lana lifts a truck. It has a potential in next issue.

Nice find, Tmp! The next digital issue (#42) comes out this Friday (April 12th?), though I "think" the Valkyrie storyline (the one with Lana) is alternating now and won't be out till the following week (April 19th?). The digital comics are only $.99 on Comixology.

For those that do not follow Smallville, the comic is based on the TV show and is a printed extension of it. As such, the Smallville comic version of Lana is superpowered (and also infected with Green K) as she was when we last saw her on the TV Show.

ElF

More
12 Apr 2013 15:03 #31091 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Comics for April
Yep, for those interested, the next Super Lana appearance will most likely be NEXT Friday (4/19). Smallville #42 came out today and it's the "Argo" storyline (featuring Booster Gold) that will alternate the next few weeks with the "Valkyrie" (Super Lana) plotline.

More
17 Apr 2013 21:13 #31164 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Comics for April
Ok this weeks release the feats caught on my eyes;

Supergirl #19 (with appearance of PowerGirl.)
Plenty of action during fights. Also there is a good surprise :).

Mara #4
It has some suprisingly good feats on super-strength, invulnerability, flight and some other powers. The bad thing is (IMHO), despite the story has a great potential, it is squeezed in only six issues. It advances really fast.

Bionic Woman vs Bionic Man #4
There is an impressive scene of Jaime trying to stop a truck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

More
18 Apr 2013 14:12 #31171 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Comics for April

tmppointer wrote: Mara #4
It has some suprisingly good feats on super-strength, invulnerability, flight and some other powers. The bad thing is (IMHO), despite the story has a great potential, it is squeezed in only six issues. It advances really fast.

While I agree that the 6 issues format feels a bit too small, I love this comic. It has everything I like about a supergirl origin story, plus a very interesting development. I really considering buying an eventual TP of it.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds