Amount

Webcomics ahoy!

13 May 2013 08:14 #31551 by Woodclaw
Webcomics ahoy! was created by Woodclaw
Yesterday, I was going cleaning up my bookmarks and I found some webcomics that I forgot to signal.

First of all, Grrl Power . This one has a few super-feats and a lot of sarcastic commentaries about superheroines, but the main drive is a brand of completly wacko humor from the main character.

Second, Spinnerette . I think that a lot of you probably already know it. I think it's pretty good although the author has the habit go on hiatus every 20 pages or so.

Third comes Supermom which I already signaled in the past, but it remains awesome (and the current scene is something I've tried to write decently in a long time).

Last, but in no way least, comes JL8 (formerly known as Little League) . This one is quite off our ballpark. It's a comedy story about the members of the Justice League at 8 years old. There's pretty much no real power feat, aside from some bit from Clark, Hal and Barry, but it's just so cool. What surprises me is that the author has stated several times to be very much a DC virgin and yet has got all the characterization spot-on, especially Diana (given the age she's not Wonder Woman yet), who has both some very badass bits and some very girly bits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Jun 2013 05:01 #32112 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Webcomics ahoy!

Anon wrote: Last, but in no way least, comes JL8 (formerly known as Little League) . This one is quite off our ballpark. It's a comedy story about the members of the Justice League at 8 years old. There's pretty much no real power feat, aside from some bit from Clark, Hal and Barry, but it's just so cool. What surprises me is that the author has stated several times to be very much a DC virgin and yet has got all the characterization spot-on, especially Diana (given the age she's not Wonder Woman yet), who has both some very badass bits and some very girly bits.

This one has really grown on me, I didn't really like it right away but as I stumbled upon page after page on Deviantart I slowly got stuck. Now I look forward to each coming page. Can really recommend.

More
30 Jun 2013 07:09 #32113 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Webcomics ahoy!
Was going to recommend a comic that you people may or may not follow:

The Non Adventures of Wonderella- www.nonadventures.com

This isn't a serious comic, but its kind of fun in a lot of ways. Evn if as the name might suggests the adventures are never that serious, and Wonderella often uses her incredible powers for feats of...well just petty selfishness and stupidity, it has a lot of fun with some the tropes of the genre.

At its heart it has a kind of very unique and well thought out comic characte. Shes mean, she doesn't really care very much about anything, but shes whip smart and somehow is very endearing.She may half ass things, but there is a joy in that she does go through the motions.

Its a gag a day web comic, and i would say every couple of weeks theres a page that just doesn't work at all. but i overall recomend it.

castor

More
17 Jul 2013 20:05 #32319 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Webcomics ahoy!

I LOVE this webcomic.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Oct 2013 09:11 #33602 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Webcomics ahoy!
I alredy stated above my love for "Our Supermom" , which I still think it's an awesome comic. Right now the story is on hiatus until novmber when the next chapter will start. Right now the authors are writing a bit of an interlude and the last coupl of pages are a bit of a nod to people like us :P

Check it if you have time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2001

• Woodclaw
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Oct 2013 11:30 #33606 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Webcomics ahoy!
Tales of Pylea is not a webcomic about superwomen but its main female character kills people with her bare hands for a living, is strong-looking and the whole comic is very well drawn. There are only about 30 pages as of now but it's getting a new one every monday. :)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
21 Oct 2013 12:41 - 21 Oct 2013 13:07 #33679 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Webcomics ahoy!

Anon wrote: Right now the authors are writing a bit of an interlude and the last coupl of pages are a bit of a nod to people like us :P

I've just finished reading the whole thing and oh my God you're so damn right about this...

By the way, Our Super Mom has two prequel novels that tell the story of the Paragon and then of how Liza met Leon. The first one is called The Paragon of Animals and the second one is To Thine Own Self Be True.

I think I might give them a shot. It's the origin story of a superheroine after all.

scottcomics.com/buy-or-download/

EDIT: crossposted in Superwomen in novels
Last edit: 21 Oct 2013 13:07 by j2001.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds