Amount

Her first interview

23 Jul 2014 23:02 #37432 by shadar
Her first interview was created by shadar
While everyone on Earth knew about Superman, given he'd been flying in their skies for the last twenty years, the arrival of his young cousin had ignited a feeding frenzy of media and paparazzi attention. Starting from her first appearance nearly a year ago. Supergirl had proven many times over that she could do anything Superman could do, and he could seeming do anything.

Where Superman was a firm believer in only intervening in super-criminal or alien attacks, Supergirl had taken it upon herself to stop any form of armed conflict. Disabled tanks and wingless combat aircraft along with any number of other ruined weapons littered several battlefields. She would always disarm the warring parties and then allow them to settle their differences with only words (and sometimes fists). Nobody died when she was on the scene.

Yet for all that, no one was quite prepared for the day when she grabbed that crude terrorist nuke from the base of the 9/11 Memorial in New York and flew it twelve miles into the stratosphere before it detonated in her hands.

A dozen airliners had been swatted from the air with the lost of more than a thousand lives, but it was a miracle that nobody on the ground had died. For if not for her, New York would have died in flames given that that illicit and horrifying device was at least twice as powerful as the weapons that had destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki so many years before.

Supergirl herself had landed unconscious in the middle of Times Square, glowing as brightly as the sun and horrifically radioactive. There she lay, cracked pavement melting all around her. No one could approach her at first, even after cameras had revealed that she wasn't breathing.

The military eventually arrived with the proper decontamination crews. After washing her down with firehoses to cool her off and reduce the radiation level, they used protective gear to lift her into a helicopter for a flight to Walter Reed Hospital. Upon arrival, she was declared dead. No respiration, no heartbeat, and no measurable brain activity. Given Superman was off-planet, and Batman was out of operation after stopping another terrorist attack, the government claimed her body.

For the first time, researchers had a chance to examine a Kryptonian. and they ran every test could, inside and out. Other than blood tests, of course, given her skin could not be pierced. Astoundingly, there couldn't a mark mark on either her skin or her unique costume. She looked unharmed, her skin still natural looking and flushed, despite the lack of any vital signs. Eventually, a coroner signed her death certificate.

The doctors and scientists concluded after several days of tests that she was anatomically identical to a human, other than having far denser muscles, which poured fuel on the fires that were already burning about parallel evolution -- a statistical impossibility. Clearly, they concluded, humans and Kryptonians had come from a common progenitor.

Rachel Maddow had covered the attack and Supergirl's heroic sacrifice in New York, and fortunately for her, she and her cameraman were the only one's still at Walter Reed when to everyone's shock, Supergirl's blue eyes opened and she sat up from her deathbed. Looking around, a bit disoriented at first, her bright blue eyes searched the room before finally settling on Rachel's. She rose into mid-air, looking completely unharmed, as the cameras clicked and whirred.

She was beautiful

Warning: Spoiler!

Being a veteran reporter, Rachel didn't waste the moment. No one had ever interviewed Supergirl, and Superman had shared as little about her as possible, other than that she was his cousin.

"Supergirl, you had no life signs for the last few days. Everyone thought you were dead."

"Please call me Kara," the teenage powerhouse from Krypton replied, shrugging innocently. "And as far as the coma goes, that's just the way we Kryptonians deal with trauma. Think of it as a rest period followed by a hard reboot. More or less."

"You make it sound like you're a machine," Rachel offered.

Kara smiled as she continued to hang in mid-air. "I'm very much NOT a machine, but you don't have the right words to describe some of my experiences."

She looked up at the ceiling for a moment, and then rose further. "Look. I've gotta go. That wasn't the only device the terrorists have. Can we talk later?"

"Sure," Rachel said. "Anywhere, Anytime."

"Then how about your place. Just you and me. No cameras. Maybe later tonight. Is that OK?"

"Ah, sure," Rachel replied, a bit disoriented herself now. "But cameras are kind of my thing."

"This is going to be off the record. If you agree."

"Sure... of course," Rachel gushed. "But do you know where I...?"

Supergirl clenched her fist and smashed into the ceiling to blast a hole through to the outside, and then she was gone.

"...live," Rachel breathed.

To be continued...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, ong76win2, SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
24 Jul 2014 10:36 #37440 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Her first interview
Wow! Great start Shadar. Be waiting for more! Keep it coming!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds