Amount

A Litte Found That Accidentally Made...

22 Aug 2014 21:11 #37836 by Albais
Yep was reading another post on that same place but about a musical band when just under the text found this one and thought would truly deserve a mention here specially after read it all.

So go take a look and made your thoughts about it:

www.theguardian.com/books/2014/aug/22/sp...rvel-portrayal-women

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Albais
  • Albais's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Aug 2014 21:16 #37837 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic A Litte Found That Accidentally Made...

Albais wrote: Yep was reading another post on that same place but about a musical band when just under the text found this one and thought would truly deserve a mention here specially after read it all.

So go take a look and made your thoughts about it:

www.theguardian.com/books/2014/aug/22/sp...rvel-portrayal-women

It's a little over-the-top, but anyone even vaguely familiar with Milo Manara's work shouldn't be surprised. It's not as Marvel was surprised either. They hired him, they approved it, they printed it -- probably fully knowing of the "controversy" (aka publicity) they would get. Crazy like a fox.....

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais, Markiehoe

More
24 Aug 2014 04:36 - 24 Aug 2014 04:43 #37849 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A Litte Found That Accidentally Made...
I know that Marvel and DC likely do these things for the controversy. (And Stan Lee really liked to stir up shit, so it's not like this isn't a long standing method to gain attention.)

I just wish that they'd actually encourage good art. Milo Manara's a much better artist than that, and Marvel could have asked for him to make something worthy of his abilities.

I forgot to check it out to see if the inside of the comic was worth buying. Sometimes a cover is worth buying a book for (rarely) and it's certainly NOT art like this. (Maybe if you hired artgerm, that would get me to stop and give a +5 to my buy roll.)

It's the inside art and story that get me to buy. (And inside art is something the editors on She-Hulk should pay attention to. I'm not terribly upset with the regular artist, but I'm not overjoyed either -- but the two issue guest artist was HORRIBLE.)

OTH, getting Alan Davis to draw something? I'll probably buy it despite the inside story, at least for awhile...
Last edit: 24 Aug 2014 04:43 by TwiceOnThursdays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais

More
24 Sep 2014 08:25 #38265 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic A Litte Found That Accidentally Made...
Apparently the controversy is over and those alternate covers are back into the bottom drawer :(

More
24 Sep 2014 21:32 #38278 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic A Litte Found That Accidentally Made...
This is just testing the waters for when they hire Budd Root for the next issue's cover.

I kid, I kid.

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds