Amount

Jean Grey Hulks Out...

24 Aug 2014 03:41 #37844 by lfan
Jean Grey Hulks Out... was created by lfan
...this week in Savage Hulk #3:

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=23195

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Lulu, enchantederotica, Agent00Soul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Aug 2014 03:51 #37845 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Jean Grey Hulks Out...
And it looks real good too.

I guess this is payback for me getting the jump on you with World's Finest mate, cause I was just popping in to post the same link. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, enchantederotica

More
24 Aug 2014 04:29 #37846 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Jean Grey Hulks Out...
I like that she gives herself an outfit, but doesn't bother with boots since she has invulnerable feet. (I commissioned a Supergirl costume change with that idea in mind...)

All in all I was waiting for this issue since the end of the last one. ;-)

More
24 Aug 2014 04:32 #37848 by enchantederotica
Replied by enchantederotica on topic Jean Grey Hulks Out...
Someone was just commenting that they didn’t like that my characters commonly use their powers to create sexy new outfits (See avatar for example). Nice to know Jean Grey understands that with great power comes great fashion sense.

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• enchantederotica
More
24 Aug 2014 04:41 #37850 by TwiceOnThursdays
I find it perfectly reasonable if someone has the power to create an outfit that they would. Doubly so if you have a woman who just got a fantastic body and power set, and might want to show off a bit (both her body and her powerset). I'm pretty sure that if I was suddenly had the body of a muscular 20 year old, and I could create clothes, I'd be wearing some fitted t-shirt that showed off my upper body well.

What I find unreasonable is that men (let alone women) will go for YEARS wearing the same outfit. They aren't police and firemen issued uniforms! I mean sure some of them would wear the same thing, because some people are like that. But most people would at least have 2-3 uniforms, and add a new one every now and then.

Only the Perez Wasp seemed to get this right. (And they've pretty much stopped Janet from getting a new costume every few issues recently.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: enchantederotica

More
24 Aug 2014 04:55 - 24 Aug 2014 04:58 #37851 by enchantederotica
Thank you. Not to go off topic, but my character Hannah was a dorky nerd girl until she woke up with omnipotent powers. She chose to keep her powers secret and continue on her life ... occasionally changing reality to make it how she wanted it ... and yes, that is the NEW Hannah in my avatar. In Hannah’s case (unlike Jean’s), Hannah’s decision to keep her godly state a secret compels her to show off ‘other things’ ... if you know what I mean.

I also consider the power to “control atoms at the molecular level” to basically be godly. Creation, destruction, and manipulation are all precursors to healing, teleportation, invulnerability, and phasing ... much like Dr. Manhattan.

Last edit: 24 Aug 2014 04:58 by enchantederotica.

• enchantederotica
More
27 Aug 2014 17:53 #37899 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Jean Grey Hulks Out...
Just read #3. LAME! I won't go into details, but the preview are the best part of the book. For what we are interested in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: enchantederotica

More
27 Aug 2014 18:00 #37900 by enchantederotica
If you dont mind... id like to know details to see if it is worth it. Mail me privately ... again, if you don’t mind.

• enchantederotica
More
28 Aug 2014 05:16 - 28 Aug 2014 05:18 #37907 by TwiceOnThursdays
For what we care about the previews are pretty much it. The story moves on from there in a different direction, and doesn't return to Hulked-out Jean Grey (and won't ever return to it, it's explained in the story). There is a page or two after what the previews show, but the best parts are in the preview. And she isn't showcased too much in the extra page or two. (It's mostly some robots attacking). You get like 3 extra panels with her in it.

If you want to know what's going on, click the spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 05:18 by TwiceOnThursdays.

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds