Amount

spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?

Poll: Good or Bad? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Good
3 27.3%
bad
8 72.7%
Total number of voters: 11 ( algae2k, kobarsos, PitufoGafitas, gotham_knight, Albais ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
20 Dec 2014 13:57 #39451 by fats
What do we think, i think it's bad.

www.themarysue.com/spider-woman-looks-rad-as-eff/

fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Dec 2014 14:10 #39452 by erikhandel
Replied by erikhandel on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
I think it really suits her personallty. Although I'm gonna miss the spandex, this suit is much more functional and modern. Just the glasses are a bit weird

More
20 Dec 2014 15:33 #39455 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
Spiderwoman had a perfect costume.
Change for change sake is not always good.

More
20 Dec 2014 16:53 #39456 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
Very so-so.

More
20 Dec 2014 17:12 #39457 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
I think the new costume is awesome. I love that look. Sleek, functional, and sexy. It also gives me hope that we'll see Jessica in other media, because it's a costume that could look cool on film.

- GeekSeven

More
20 Dec 2014 21:05 #39459 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
I agree with Markiehoe, the change strikes me as strictly a gimmick.

More
20 Dec 2014 22:15 #39460 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
Honestly, I don't think SpiderWoman's red costume is iconic enough for changing it to qualify as a gimmick. They did it before.

- GeekSeven

More
21 Dec 2014 00:10 #39463 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
In spite of my love for practical costumes, these sketches really don't click with me. I can see that they're trying to keep as much of the old feeling as possible and most of the costume definitely looks functional. I want to see the final result, but for no the idea is a yes and the execution is a no.

PS: it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of Jessica Drew, I really think that she's a uninteresting character.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Dec 2014 04:27 #39464 by castor
Replied by castor on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
In the first spiderman movie(the Tobey Macquire movie) in an early scene we see what the Green Goblin uniform is 'suposed' to look like a sleek modernish, googled uniform-before of course William Defoe gets into it and has fun...

This is what it reminds me of What a super suit is' suposed' to look like.

with the gogles, and the pants, and the jacket-it looks well suposed to. if they where to do a movie there is litterally nothing about the costume you would want to change-except well-it doesn't necessairly read as supersuit. I remember talking to my mom about Winter Solder and she was asking about the Anthony Mackie character and i told her that he was a superhero in the comics to-but yeah there is nothing about the character of the costume that says hes been around since the 70s wearing a star spangled falcon suit.

Which is where i kind of leave it.

More
22 Dec 2014 07:52 #39482 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
I guess I'm in the minority, as I really like it. I think that it looks athletic (like something an Olympic athlete would wear), especially in the Javiar Rodriguez character turnaround.

Honestly she's only had one uniform. Ok technically she altered her hood making the triangle smaller and then cut it to let her hair out, and switched to yellow gloves. But she's wearing the costume she appeared in Marvel Spotlight #32. (And yes I have this issue somewhere. I used to have her entire run, until the some got damaged so I am now missing some of them. Not all the run is any good, but some of them are.)

From what I've seen -- all these changes fit in character, and it's more than past time for her to try a new costume.

I was never a fan of her old costume -- it severed it purpose, but it also indicated that no one cared about her character enough to actually try to change/update her. This is at least a sign that a creative team is going to give it a try. And I agree with geekseven: she's just not iconic enough for this to qualify as "a gimmick", yet it's a change to attract attention, but it's not like you're changing Wonder Woman's, Spider-Man's, or Superman's outfit (all of which received actual media attention, instead of just geek press).

I'm not expecting it to be as good as the current run of Black Widow -- but hopefully it'll be good. We won't know until the "Spider-verse" crossover are over.

And yes, given the context of what she's doing, and why she's doing it, having it not look like an old time superhero costume is actually the point. It does happen to fit more into the movie-verse uniform style and with a trend towards functional clothing.

Though in the end, this is cosmetic dressing. What will matter if is the stories are any good. I at least like the logic behind the changes and what she's doing. It makes sense given her past history.
The following user(s) said Thank You: inactive

More
22 Dec 2014 12:41 #39487 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic spider women's new outfit, Good or bad?
The thing about comic books is that they don't have to be practical or realistic.
I like a little fantasy in my life now and then.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds