Amount

Which superheroine do you hope to see next year in comics?

29 Dec 2014 22:29 #39577 by erikphandel
I mean, from the ones that haven't appeared yet in DC's/Marvel's reboots. My picks are Mary Marvel and Ms. Martian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• erikphandel
  • erikphandel's Avatar Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2014 19:12 #39590 by aguilauno
Mary Marvel !!!

More
31 Dec 2014 00:27 #39599 by jimbob
I'd say Miss Martian myself. It's too bad her newfound popularity due to Young Justice (where she was unfortunately underpowered) didn't translate to more comic apperances.

Ah well.

More
31 Dec 2014 02:52 #39600 by argonaut
An "old-school" Mary Marvel appears in Thunderworld, the latest issue of Grant Morrison's Multiversity series. The story's upbeat tone and slightly cartoony artwork hearken back to a time when comics were supposed to be fun, and Mary is portrayed as a sweet young lady, somewhat naïve but heroic and altruistic -- not the black-latex clad sociopath that DC foisted on us a few years back. It would be nice to see an ongoing Marvel Family series with this flavor (with a prominent role for Mary).

More
31 Dec 2014 09:40 #39606 by Woodclaw

argonaut wrote: An "old-school" Mary Marvel appears in Thunderworld, the latest issue of Grant Morrison's Multiversity series. The story's upbeat tone and slightly cartoony artwork hearken back to a time when comics were supposed to be fun, and Mary is portrayed as a sweet young lady, somewhat naïve but heroic and altruistic -- not the black-latex clad sociopath that DC foisted on us a few years back. It would be nice to see an ongoing Marvel Family series with this flavor (with a prominent role for Mary).

At the cost of sounding like a crazy man, I would say that I liked the Mary's black moment, at least the second time around. The original version -- who appeared on "Formerly Known as the Justice League" -- wasn't especially well done in my eye: she was just an alternate dimensional eviltwin for the sake of evil. The Countdown version, when she get Black Adam's share of the Shazam power after Billy depowers her out of the blue was much more interesting to me, since she wasn't evil, just very, very pissed -- which makes perfect sense in that storyline.

More
31 Dec 2014 12:36 #39607 by erikphandel
I absolutely loved Thunderworld Adventures, as much as every Multiversity instailment that came out so far. The Mary Marvel that appeared there was too much childish for a part of my tastes though, but I just loved the comic. And also, dat Dr. Sivana's daughter, so hot. I'm yet to read that pissed off Mary Marvel storyline though.

As for her comic appearances in the New 52, I like the cameo she made on Shazam's origin arc in the Justice League comic. She is a young woman, who is past the child period, but it's not an adult yet. And her costume was gorgeous

• erikphandel
  • erikphandel's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds