Amount

We Can Never Go Home

05 Jul 2015 23:47 - 05 Jul 2015 23:49 #43033 by Fred9101
We Can Never Go Home was created by Fred9101
Just found this new comics series, by Black Mask Studios. The story is about two adolescents: Madison, one of the hottest chicks in school and former girlfriend of one of the football players, and Duncan, a nerd nobody wants to hang out with and who likes to listen to punk rock music. The things is, when Madison get anxious she get very strong. I mean, VERY strong. Just 3 issues for now, but a very nice find (for me at least) for the fan of super strong teenage girls...

Tell me what you think!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 05 Jul 2015 23:49 by Fred9101.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superfunk, SCOTT R, TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fred9101
  • Fred9101's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2015 02:25 #43035 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic We Can Never Go Home
Umm. What's the title? You only posted 1 panel. No link to a page for the comic, no title to do a search for. All you gave us was the company that publishes it.

More
06 Jul 2015 03:03 #43036 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic We Can Never Go Home
We Can Never Go Home is the title of the book, same as the thread

More
06 Jul 2015 09:07 #43038 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic We Can Never Go Home
It took me a bit to find this as my initial Google-fu was weak and the companies main web page for seems to be full of fail.

The company runs its own store where you can buy paper and digital copies (PDFs, cbz, you get both). I guess that's nice -- but the juggernaught of comixlogy is nice. Guess all the eggs are in one basket then. OTH I've grown to dislike worrying about files, and at some point I'll stop buying paper comics as they have grown to be a giant pain in my ass. (37+ years of comics!). Though I tossed these into my Dropbox with the rest of my digital media, and now I'll forget about managing the file.

blackmaskstore.com

I have to say I enjoyed this -- I'm also a fairly easy target, I'd rather like something than not. But I think it's a it more than that and I'm waiting to see what isssie 4 brings. Highlight of issue three is her trying on costumes. (You can find one page of this online easily). Oh that and her nice displays of strength.

For us there are some appropriate super-femme moments in every issue, a little mystery behind the scenes, and some nice character development.

A good find indeed. Thanks. It's things like this that I hang around here for.

More
07 Jul 2015 06:25 #43050 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic We Can Never Go Home
It's a really enjoyable read and probably the best comic I've read in a really long time, though I only really read DC and Marvel stuff.
It also looks quite good and as TwiceOnThursdays said it has some nice super scenes in every issue (issue #3 having the best ones so far).

More
07 Jul 2015 14:59 #43052 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic We Can Never Go Home
FYI.....I ordered and enjoyed the first two issues but they have still not sent a link for Issue #3, even after 2 followup requests.....caveat emptor, people!

ElF

More
07 Jul 2015 16:19 #43054 by TwiceOnThursdays

lfan wrote: FYI.....I ordered and enjoyed the first two issues but they have still not sent a link for Issue #3, even after 2 followup requests.....caveat emptor, people!

ElF

Interesting. This is one of the reasons why (overall) it's nice if they just use Comixology who has this all worked out and has a staff to fix problems. (And they are owned by Amazon, which is good/bad.) I know there are problems with that, and they loose control, don't know their customers, etc. OTH, more exposure/better user experience. You can even download PDF/CBZ from Comixology IF the vendor allows it. And sometimes I'm surprised who allows that. I can download Lazarus and Fatale (the new Brubaker one, not the one from Broadway) for example. (I'll insert a plug for Lazarus, not SUPER super-femme action, but the lead is a really large muscular woman with bio/genetic/cyber enhancements who is quite a bad ass. And the story is good too.)

There are obvious gaps in their store process, which is normal for small stores like this. You get a link to look to look up your order -- and there isn't any reason why that wouldn't have the download links for everything you bought, even if they only work for a little while.

OS X Mail grouped (as a thread) the email for issues 2/3, two emails, came up in one group, but Issue one and the first reply from paypal were not part of that group. So initially I didn't think I had one of them, until I realized that one was showing up with the other. Not sure if anything like that is happening to you.

More
07 Jul 2015 16:31 #43055 by castor
Replied by castor on topic We Can Never Go Home

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

lfan wrote: FYI.....I ordered and enjoyed the first two issues but they have still not sent a link for Issue #3, even after 2 followup requests.....caveat emptor, people!

ElF

Interesting. This is one of the reasons why (overall) it's nice if they just use Comixology who has this all worked out and has a staff to fix problems. (And they are owned by Amazon, which is good/bad.) I know there are problems with that, and they loose control, don't know their customers, etc. OTH, more exposure/better user experience. You can even download PDF/CBZ from Comixology IF the vendor allows it. And sometimes I'm surprised who allows that. I can download Lazarus and Fatale (the new Brubaker one, not the one from Broadway) for example. (I'll insert a plug for Lazarus, not SUPER super-femme action, but the lead is a really large muscular woman with bio/genetic/cyber enhancements who is quite a bad ass. And the story is good too.)

There are obvious gaps in their store process, which is normal for small stores like this. You get a link to look to look up your order -- and there isn't any reason why that wouldn't have the download links for everything you bought, even if they only work for a little while.

OS X Mail grouped (as a thread) the email for issues 2/3, two emails, came up in one group, but Issue one and the first reply from paypal were not part of that group. So initially I didn't think I had one of them, until I realized that one was showing up with the other. Not sure if anything like that is happening to you.

I think i am waiting for the trade myself for the book(though have looked at in the store). It seems very much a comic that will one day be collected in one book to read, and probabbly makes more sence like that.

But This very much looks looks like a...variation is the right word of the "my life growing up" trend in comics for the last 15 years-see Ghost World, Blankets et all. Its something i can be hot or cold on, but can be fun when it works. And the ubergirl stuff, while i suspect is an exageration that really happened does give it a neat tinge to it, which i am very glad they haven't taken too much to give exagerated Clowesque art. I like comics that don't just have Ubergirls punching each other, but think a little bit of what they mean, and why someone would be attracted to them.

Curious how it ends up-and kind of hopping it does. Indie comics don't always lend themselves to non ending runs.

More
07 Jul 2015 16:38 #43056 by TwiceOnThursdays
Comixology (in their tracking of print issue side) lists the issues as a limited series of 5 (3 of 5, etc).

I didn't see anything else saying that though. And, like many things, if sales are high enough that designation changes.

But if this is true, and getting that the comic seems pretty hot for the publisher (there have been 2nd printings, and it's getting some good reviews along with some bad). So yeah, odds are good there will be a collection sometime soon.

More
07 Jul 2015 17:03 #43058 by lfan

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

ElF

Yeah, no grouping of emails, ToT....thanks though.....

Yeah, to be blunt, their store is kinda awful......the part you mentioned about looking up your order is meaningless if you cannot initiate another download. I got doubly frustrated when there was no link for that. I've developed MANY online stores, and I understand e-comm issues happen, but if you put a customer service email and link there -- you should damn well respond to it within 48 hours. I dunno, call me old school, or just old......

Get off my lawn!
ElF

More
08 Jul 2015 02:26 #43064 by TwiceOnThursdays

lfan wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

ElF

Yeah, no grouping of emails, ToT....thanks though.....

Yeah, to be blunt, their store is kinda awful......the part you mentioned about looking up your order is meaningless if you cannot initiate another download. I got doubly frustrated when there was no link for that. I've developed MANY online stores, and I understand e-comm issues happen, but if you put a customer service email and link there -- you should damn well respond to it within 48 hours. I dunno, call me old school, or just old......

Get off my lawn!
ElF

So much agree.

Though... it was a holiday weekend. And sadly, small store => not too many people => probably all out. Still you should have heard something by NOW. i mean, it's Tuesday, and they have no excuse.

If you can't properly run the store then perhaps you shouldn't run a store?

Even when you use a kit (etc), putting all this together takes time/money and running it takes time/money ... I don't know how hard working with Comixology or DriveThruComics is .. but it'll be better customer experience than rolling your own.

More
08 Jul 2015 14:03 #43066 by lfan
FWIW, I found a customer service form on the site and submitted yet ANOTHER request for help there. That seemed to do the trick, as they sent the missing episode within 12 hrs.

ElF

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds