Amount

DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!

19 Feb 2016 15:53 #46491 by andyf
The DC rebirth line of monthly comics will include a new Supergirl monthly title. Plus a first ever Superwoman monthly title. Superwoman is said to be none other than Lois Lane herself!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2016 16:17 #46493 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
Lois Lane as Superwoman may not be true at all, a false report.

• andyf
More
21 Feb 2016 03:27 #46524 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
The Lois Lane thing was something said in jest on the Comic Book Resources forum that Bleeding Cool repeated as fact, nothing is known except the titles at the moment, DC are announcing more details on March 26th.

More
21 Feb 2016 04:26 #46525 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
I'd guess it's more likely to be a renamed Power Girl than anything else, given there are 2 Power Girl's currently in the DCU.

Though as that's one of the less interesting possibilities for who it could be, I hope I'm wrong.

More
22 Feb 2016 14:35 #46531 by Bernard72002
Replied by Bernard72002 on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
I am going to wait until the Superwoman comic comes out in order to voice my opnion.
The Supergirl monthly should tie-in with the current TV series.

More
12 Apr 2016 02:46 #47265 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
Its been confirmed by dc that lois lane is thenew superwoman. She willhave all the powers f superman, but those powers areslowly killing her.

• andyf
More
12 Apr 2016 04:23 #47267 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!

Bernard72002 wrote: I am going to wait until the Superwoman comic comes out in order to voice my opnion.
The Supergirl monthly should tie-in with the current TV series.

There is an online Supergirl comic now that ties into the TV show.

The don't think the new Supergirl monthly comic will tie directly with the show but will incorporate elements (they mention the DEO). In this it's not different from Flash or Green Arrow that do not tie into their TV shows much.

The ties to the DEO do pick up elements from the dhow, but Supergirl is younger than in the show and is in high school. "how old is Supergirl supposed to be" is a question that I ask a bit. Sometimes the artists make it a bit unclear, but since her Turner-era return they've made her a teenager. (She was mid-to-late 20's when she died in Crisis, as she was several years after graduating with her masters, and had held several jobs since then.)

Superwoman seems to be Lois Lane:

www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/11/its-offi...woman-in-dc-rebirth/

I'll be buying both at least for a bit. (I'm not sure about the art on Supergirl, but i'll give it a chance.)

I'm also happy to see Greg Rucka return to Wonder Woman, and the Finches leaving. I stopped buying Wonder Woman, which is pretty much unheard of for me. ( I did stop a bit in the 90's when I stopped buying most comics due to budget problems.) I hope that the soft reboot will bring some balance back to the comic.

More
12 Apr 2016 10:51 #47271 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
I was really disappointed with the writing in the WonderWoman 77 online comic when it finally was released as a tradepaperback.
Goes to show you how much faith DC has when they release a comic digitally only and not in print.
Sounds like the Supergirl web comic is an afterthought.

More
12 Apr 2016 11:14 #47272 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
DC doesn't give a shit to their online only comics, with the exception of maybe Injustice. They are just ways to milk more money out of things that are making success

More
12 Apr 2016 15:08 #47275 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!
Here's an article about the online Supergirl comic:

www.comicosity.com/interview-sterling-ga...ith-supergirl-again/

I really like the first bit of sample art. The artists look to change regularly -- and to me that's a sign that DC isn't focusing. They're not willing to dedicate a team to the comic. It does look like the write is consistent though, which is good.

And sometimes seeing different artists is a good thing, and gives more of them a chance. It's just ... hard to develop a following when the feel of the book constantly changes.

I've not bought any of it yet, maybe if they give an issue away for Free Comic Book day I'll give it a look. But mostly, the digital only DC comics haven't been their best works.

More
12 Apr 2016 15:47 #47276 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic DC Rebirth Supergirl and Superwoman!

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I really like the first bit of sample art. The artists look to change regularly -- and to me that's a sign that DC isn't focusing. They're not willing to dedicate a team to the comic. It does look like the write is consistent though, which is good.

And sometimes seeing different artists is a good thing, and gives more of them a chance. It's just ... hard to develop a following when the feel of the book constantly changes.

To be fair none of these weekly series has a regular artist. It's part of the formula and it's meant to provide some respite to the artists, who might be overwhelmed otherwise.
Here in Italy some comics (mostly Disney's) are produced on a weekly schedule and the artists have to work with a 3 to 6 months bumper to avoid unforeseen problems.

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds