Amount

A Nova Tales Story....

16 Nov 2016 13:43 #51284 by lfan
A Nova Tales Story.... was created by lfan
A little story.......

Over 20 years ago when ubergirls weren't so mainstream in the media and comics, I used to crave anything superwoman-related. Well, back in the early 1990's I was reading an old comic newspaper (the name escapes me) where I stumbled across an ad in the the classified section about a comic called Nova Tales featuring a superwoman. Well, I took the chance and mailed (yes, mailed) my money in hopes it might have a glimpse of a superwoman. Lo and behold, it did! And it was something straight out of my imagination! Subsequently, in the following months I saw a few more ads for followup issues of Nova Tales, and ordered the next 3 of them with each one getting more uber and uber! This was stuff right out of our stories, guys! Ripping apart car engines, tossing tanks, taking on armies, etc. Keep in mind, this was not only the only ubergirl stuff around at the time, but it was SO dead-on to my fantasies. It was wild.

Sadly, the issues stopped after #4. :(

Fast forward to the early 2000's and the internet and this thing called google, and so I now had a way to track down the artist and author (Jeff Nevens) of Nova Tales. However, every search came up with nada. As the years passed, I would occasionally try again to search for him but nothing! It had to have been an alias I assumed, as I had never seen anyone without ANY digital footprint like this. It was not to be......

Now it's 2016, and I'm on DA one day and looking at my feed and in one of the groups pops some superwoman pic from an artist called "JPNova". Quickly, clicking on his page, I discover that it is him, and he just joined DA the day before! To make a long story short, we have discussed all this, and he appears to be just as obsessed with ubergirls like the rest of us. And he has made SEVERAL more issues of Nova Tales!!!

If you're looking for non-stop superwoman action, do yourself a favor and check him out. He just posted Nova Tales #2 for sale at DriveThruComics:

drivethrucomics.com/product/198299/Nova-...ilters=0_41080_0_0_0

Here are some samples:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, slim36, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, five_red, Markiehoe, gotham_knight, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays, Monty, LustMonster, Gargamel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Nov 2016 19:55 #51287 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic A Nova Tales Story....
WOW!
Doubly wow!
Great find.

More
17 Nov 2016 00:50 #51293 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic A Nova Tales Story....
Awsome find! Hope to se more of his work

More
17 Nov 2016 01:21 #51294 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic A Nova Tales Story....
I bought it. Can only find the 2nd episode.

Would love to see the art revised. Simple 3D renderings even would be good.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
17 Nov 2016 09:30 #51297 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic A Nova Tales Story....
If I click the buy-button, the item won't be found. thanks for the find btw, sounds great!

More
17 Nov 2016 13:31 #51301 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic A Nova Tales Story....

Gargamel wrote: If I click the buy-button, the item won't be found. thanks for the find btw, sounds great!

What Buy Button? You mean the Add to Cart button?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Nov 2016 15:13 #51303 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A Nova Tales Story....
I bought it w/o problems -- but I already had an account there.

More
17 Nov 2016 15:18 #51304 by lfan

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I bought it w/o problems -- but I already had an account there.

Yeah, me too......truth be told, DriveThruComics is not the most user-friendly site out there..... :P

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Nov 2016 17:45 #51305 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic A Nova Tales Story....

lfan wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I bought it w/o problems -- but I already had an account there.

Yeah, me too......truth be told, DriveThruComics is not the most user-friendly site out there..... :P

ElF

I have to agree with you. I buy more than a few things from there, but not tons. But if I have any other way ... I don't use it.

Comfort Love and Adam Warren sell the Uniques there (GREAT COMIC, though the main female character is a telepath, not an uber girl), but it's also on Comixology now. Usually, the new issue will show up on DriveThruComics before Comixology, but I can just wait and get a better experience. I can even download them as CBZ or PDFs from Comixology, so it's a superior experience all around.

Drive Thru used to have that over Comixology -- you got an electronic download. But now you can get that at Comixology if the vendor allows it (so no for all Marvel DC comics, but yes to a few image and a lot of indy comics).

Not sure what to do about the "item not found" on Drive Thru. maybe go make an account FIRST then go back and click the link (or search for it) and see if it works then.

More
17 Nov 2016 22:20 #51308 by lfan
FYI....Nova Tales #1 now showing up for me on the Superhero Main Page. Interestingly enough, Nova Tales #2 is listed as their #1 "Hot Seller"!!

drivethrucomics.com/browse.php?filters=0_41080_0_0_0

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Nov 2016 02:01 #51309 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic A Nova Tales Story....
This is so freakin exciting!!

More
18 Nov 2016 20:46 #51322 by lfan
Looks like the first 3 issues are now up:

www.drivethrucomics.com/browse/pub/10786/JPN-Productions

Support your genre publishers!!!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, SCOTT R

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Feb 2017 18:16 - 13 Feb 2017 18:26 #52512 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Nova Tales
While randomly browsing Deviantart I stumbled onto this account owned by a (ex ?) comic book artist "Jeffrey P. Nevens", who released a serie called "Nova Tales" in the 90s (if i'm not wrong).

There are a lot of pages scanned here jpnova.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=nova+ta...tpath=%2F&offset=216

Eventhough surely not "top" notch design (but what do you expect from early 90s indie selfpressed stuff :) !), it's quite interesting I think =)
Last edit: 13 Feb 2017 18:26 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, veggicidal

More
15 Feb 2017 16:57 - 15 Feb 2017 19:28 #52550 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Nova Tales
(ok it seems that I somewhat totally missed the original thread ! Sorry about that, going to buy the 3 issues right now ;) hopefully he will complete also the following ones !)
Last edit: 15 Feb 2017 19:28 by Helstar.

More
15 Feb 2017 17:06 #52552 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Nova Tales
(Moved into appropriate thread)

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds