Amount

Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics

22 Feb 2017 19:55 #52721 by lfan
Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics was created by lfan
Some projects that some of you might find interesting and may want to support. I'm not involved in any of these, other than being a backer"

www.kickstarter.com/projects/richardmoon...ssue-1?ref=user_menu
www.kickstarter.com/projects/452095952/s...ssue-1?ref=user_menu
www.kickstarter.com/projects/shortfuseme...ke-100?ref=user_menu

Njoy!
ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunterbr2001, gotham_knight, TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Feb 2017 23:04 #52724 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics

lfan wrote: Some projects that some of you might find interesting and may want to support. I'm not involved in any of these, other than being a backer"

www.kickstarter.com/projects/richardmoon...ssue-1?ref=user_menu
www.kickstarter.com/projects/452095952/s...ssue-1?ref=user_menu
www.kickstarter.com/projects/shortfuseme...ke-100?ref=user_menu

Njoy!
ElF

I was close to being the one to send the first one over the hump, but it had just flipped right before I got there. Doesn't matter, more helps. I backed #2 as well.

I'm puzzled by the last one. THey make it really confusing to try to find the levels where I can get the PDF for issues #1-3. Honestly I had to read it a few times -- since the Early Bird special isn't in the list anymore it's hard to figure out where it falls in "previous stuff". I honestly wish they'd just added on the first level which included them "also includes digital copies of #1-3" instead of making me read all their description text, and then go over to the levels and puzzle it out.

Also only TEN copies of the early bird special?

Seriously I almost walked away as I spent to much time on the damn thing.

Sigh. Marketing. It's not that hard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
27 Feb 2017 02:20 #52827 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Keisha Carter
I was too lazy to find it's original thread, but I'm sure it was talked about here.

The kickstarter for Keisha carter is Mega Woman failed. but the comic is now available, and can be supported the normal way by buying it. I'll probably pick this up tonight, and if i have time I'll try to read it adn report back. (But I'm still behind on my NORMAL comics, so ....)

peepgamecomix.com/product/keisha-carter-is-mega-woman-1/

More
27 Feb 2017 13:39 - 27 Feb 2017 13:42 #52833 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Keisha Carter
I found the first number a little bit disappointing. For 5$ I was hoping something better, but we will see for the next issues (if they will ever be made).
Last edit: 27 Feb 2017 13:42 by Helstar.

More
02 Mar 2017 02:45 #52902 by TwiceOnThursdays
The comic did seem a bit short to me, but what was there was of a reasonable quality.

It is 27 pages, though some of those are alternative covers. The actual story runs from page 4 to 27.

The art is fair, it might suffer from some spatial problems (putting things in the right relation to one another). Some of the action as it flips from one spot to the other was harder to follow than it should be. (Having just watched the Strip Panel Naked podcast about Black Window #1 by Wade/Sammnee there are tricks Samnee uses deftly to confey action and movement. I don't think the artist (or writer) here is up to that quality. (OTH, Waid & Samnee are masters so don't take that as a huge knock.) I found the podcast facinating as i liked the action in the comic better, and I really liked the breakdown. (If you really like the process and art of crafting comics, it's a great podcats.)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJAToPH5GSGShP7Yoc3jsA

The story is also a bit jumbled. You get some text eposition to set things up, and start in the middle of a fight. It does it's job, but it's a bit clumsy. It's still passable, and it was good enough that I want to see how the story goes and improves.

I suspect they'll get better at things as they go along and get more issues under their belt. I guess this sounds a bit negaitve, I don't mean it too. I think I got my money's worth -- you can pay more for shorter comics from some of the vendors, and with lower quality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
04 Jul 2017 15:56 #55143 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics
A new campaign started yesterday for Patriotika:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/mountolympu...?ref=category_newest

I actually got this book back in January, and it is outstanding! Fantastic art and one powerful superheroine! I highly recommend everyone to support this and pick it up!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, gotham_knight, Monty, mountolympuscomics

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Jul 2017 14:51 #55152 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics

lfan wrote: A new campaign started yesterday for Patriotika:

I actually got this book back in January, and it is outstanding! Fantastic art and one powerful superheroine! I highly recommend everyone to support this and pick it up!

ElF

I can't quite tell but is this kickstarter for the exact same comic he released before? Because if so I don't really see the point.

More
05 Jul 2017 16:15 #55153 by lfan

Revan wrote:

lfan wrote: A new campaign started yesterday for Patriotika:

ElF

I can't quite tell but is this kickstarter for the exact same comic he released before? Because if so I don't really see the point.

In defense to him, the previous "beta release" was digital only, and I think wasn't very marketed and he might have been testing the waters. This one -- judging from his presence on social media -- is a full-blown attempt to get the character and book out there to the public and see if it is received well (not to mention he's got some variant covers this go around).

We knew about the beta release at SWM, but we tend to find hidden gems that most others wouldn't :)

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: mountolympuscomics

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Jul 2017 20:52 #55167 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics
I plan on backing this project!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, mountolympuscomics

More
07 Jul 2017 20:58 #55168 by TwiceOnThursdays
I already did. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, mountolympuscomics

More
08 Jul 2017 01:37 #55173 by mountolympuscomics
Replied by mountolympuscomics on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics
Hi guys! This is Ron from Mount Olympus Comics.

Thanks to everyone that has supported the Kickstarter and the comic!

Yes the comic was digital up until this year, and then only limited small beta print run release. This kickstarter will get her out there and also with some amazing variant covers and add on prints/bookmarks/metal cards/cosplayer photoshoot plus it will help get issue number 2 artwork started sooner. The better it does the sooner I can start the next one, so please share it on social media wherever possible :) And if you have any suggestions where I should promote it or where I should try to reach out to bloggers please let me know.

And feel free to ask me any questions, I will try to check in every few days.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LustMonster

More
08 Jul 2017 02:00 #55175 by Markiehoe
[quote=And feel free to ask me any questions, I will try to check in every few days.[/quote]

Hey Ron

Which Patriotika do we get in the comic?
The super sexy one on the cover or the muscle bound one on page three?

More
08 Jul 2017 02:34 #55176 by mountolympuscomics
You get a little of each, but mostly it leans more towards the muscular in this issue, plus Athena is doing stuff too in the black suit so that is Patriotika at her full size.

More
08 Jul 2017 02:38 #55177 by Markiehoe
Well i have backed your project but I'm going to tell you right now I am not a fan of the "muscular" look and the covers shown are deceiving..

More
08 Jul 2017 03:37 #55178 by mountolympuscomics
Thanks very much for pledging on the kickstarter, every pledge helps.

I am sorry if it is misleading, it's supposed to be scrawny(Erin) ->tall sexy(Patriotika) -> very tall muscle form(Athena in control of Patriotika) but it will vary by artist style. I will definitely talk to the artist about working on distinguishing the last two forms better for the second issue.

If it helps, with each stretch goal(Except the Chibi one of course) unlocked there will be more pin up art included with each physical comic pledge and above. They will come in the form of print or trading card or even possibly photos(Still working this out with the cosplayer who by the way is similar body type as the Ale Garza cover).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, TwiceOnThursdays

More
08 Jul 2017 16:10 #55186 by lfan

mountolympuscomics wrote: Thanks very much for pledging on the kickstarter, every pledge helps.

I am sorry if it is misleading, it's supposed to be scrawny(Erin) ->tall sexy(Patriotika) -> very tall muscle form(Athena in control of Patriotika) but it will vary by artist style. I will definitely talk to the artist about working on distinguishing the last two forms better for the second issue.

If it helps, with each stretch goal(Except the Chibi one of course) unlocked there will be more pin up art included with each physical comic pledge and above. They will come in the form of print or trading card or even possibly photos(Still working this out with the cosplayer who by the way is similar body type as the Ale Garza cover).

Thx for posting Olympus and welcome to the forum! I think the character and the artwork are tremendous , as I already bought it back in January. Cannot recommend it enough to our fellow ubergirl lovers round here.

Look forward to many more issues!

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Jul 2017 10:14 #55212 by Markiehoe
I have received two updates since my pledge.
Well done.
I love being kept in the loop.
That is how you run a Kickstarter campaign.

More
12 Jul 2017 11:38 #55222 by Markiehoe
Stretch Goal achieved!

AZ Powergirl Cara Nicole photoshoot as Patriotika is unlocked!

my favorite AZ Powergirl Cara Nicole will cosplay as Patriotika!

I can't wait!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R, Monty, LustMonster, mountolympuscomics

More
23 Jul 2017 06:32 - 23 Jul 2017 06:33 #55416 by mountolympuscomics
Thanks for posting that update! And now we are almost at 11k! At 12k we get extra photos from the AZ Powergirl Cara Nicole as Patriotika photo shoot!

Here is the kickstarter link:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/mountolympu...riotika-1?ref=dcq65r
Last edit: 23 Jul 2017 06:33 by mountolympuscomics.

More
22 Aug 2017 22:13 #55930 by Markiehoe
Here is a sneak peak of AZ Powergirl Cara Nicole as Patriotika

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, gotham_knight, LustMonster

More
23 Aug 2017 00:57 #55931 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Ubergirl Kickstarter Comics
JUMPIN JUPITER!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds