Amount

Knockout and Superboy

09 May 2017 01:37 #54017 by shadar
Knockout and Superboy was created by shadar
Attached are a few pages from a scene in an old Superboy comic book that I find both amusing and appealing.

Knockout is a six foot tall red-head who works as a stripper, but also seems to have Kryptonian-grade powers. I'll let you read the attached pages before I say more:

Shadar

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lojack, Sarge395, davey914, Artnico, slim36, Kamelmann, koopa, Ravens_ghost, jyache, thedoc9, SCOTT R, Revan, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, Slim0926, TwiceOnThursdays, LustMonster, Biggirllover5463

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 May 2017 02:19 #54018 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Knockout and Superboy
That's my kinda Supervillianess.
Strong, sexy, independent.
Check,check,check

More
09 May 2017 02:25 #54019 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Knockout and Superboy
Her costume kinda reminds me of the Super Cher Noble costume with that silly shoulder pad.

.www.facebook.com/Cher-Noble-450175305142297/

I wonder what ever happened to her?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul

More
09 May 2017 02:43 #54020 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Knockout and Superboy
I like this so much I just bought the comic!

www.comixology.com/Superboy-1994-2002-2/digital-comic/24948
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
09 May 2017 07:10 #54021 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Knockout and Superboy
superboy may need the day job

More
09 May 2017 11:51 #54023 by koopa
Replied by koopa on topic Knockout and Superboy
Thank you so much, like Markiehoe said those few pages are everything I like about a supervillainness !! Really digging this type of "comic book" moments that are really hard to find by yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
09 May 2017 22:17 #54028 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Knockout and Superboy

LustMonster wrote: I like this so much I just bought the comic!

www.comixology.com/Superboy-1994-2002-2/digital-comic/24948

Knockout appears in a lot of Superboy's around that time (same artist). I remember them quite fondly. ;-)

Here's a list of her appearances in chronological order (the site seems a bit slow today):

www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=1180

I remember some of the birds of prey/secret six stuff being pretty good. One of my favorite covers: (Knockcout is from Apokolips just like Barda).

Those birds of prey are some of my favorite Barda scenes (with some gorgeous art by Nicola Scott) .... and also contains one my least favorite comic panels, it makes me angry every time I see it. Barda in her armor after a battle, with bleeding bullet holes. FROM EARTH WEAPONS. For one her armor would have taken the hit. And two, BARDA SHOULD BE BULLETPROOF (ditto for Knockout). Same reason WW should be too ... they hit with a higher force/area than a bullet does and they can survive punches of people of their strength. Ergo a bullet doesn't have the power to break their skin.

These threads always want me to make "great moments of Super Femmes in Comics" thread. Some of the seminal moments that people like us like (ex: first Appearance of Big Barda where she casually lifts a canon or the Titania/She-Hulk fight in Solo Avengers 14) as well as lesser known characters like Broadway comic's Fatale (a favorite of lfan!).

I'm always finding new things (I love the Golden Age thread as that's waaay before my time so I always find new things to go look at.)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
10 May 2017 02:22 #54030 by rebel4life
Replied by rebel4life on topic Knockout and Superboy

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: Those birds of prey are some of my favorite Barda scenes (with some gorgeous art by Nicola Scott) .... and also contains one my least favorite comic panels, it makes me angry every time I see it. Barda in her armor after a battle, with bleeding bullet holes. FROM EARTH WEAPONS. For one her armor would have taken the hit. And two, BARDA SHOULD BE BULLETPROOF (ditto for Knockout). Same reason WW should be too ... they hit with a higher force/area than a bullet does and they can survive punches of people of their strength. Ergo a bullet doesn't have the power to break their skin.

Seriously? I (and probably many more) have tried to apply logic and basic physical principles to Superhero Universes, and it just ain't working. Guess that's why they call it a work of fiction. Still generates a lot of greenbacks in the real world, for sure ;-).

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 May 2017 03:30 #54031 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Knockout and Superboy

rebel4life wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: Those birds of prey are some of my favorite Barda scenes (with some gorgeous art by Nicola Scott) .... and also contains one my least favorite comic panels, it makes me angry every time I see it. Barda in her armor after a battle, with bleeding bullet holes. FROM EARTH WEAPONS. For one her armor would have taken the hit. And two, BARDA SHOULD BE BULLETPROOF (ditto for Knockout). Same reason WW should be too ... they hit with a higher force/area than a bullet does and they can survive punches of people of their strength. Ergo a bullet doesn't have the power to break their skin.

Seriously? I (and probably many more) have tried to apply logic and basic physical principles to Superhero Universes, and it just ain't working. Guess that's why they call it a work of fiction. Still generates a lot of greenbacks in the real world, for sure ;-).

With a handful of speculative science, you can explain anything, other than perhaps faster than light travel in normal space. Toss in wormholes, powered as they are by black holes, a very real thing, and you can bend space. Once it's bent, you can punch through from one layer to the other via the wormhole and get around far, far faster than light. Makes way more sense than Star Trek or Star Wars type FTL.

And if you assume flesh that operates with 5th order nuclear binding at the atomic level, then you can have bodies that are soft to the touch but can stop a sabot round from an M1A1 tank, albeit with some dimpling.

The great fun (for me anyway) is coming up with a pseudo-scientific explanation for everything. My assumption is that there are far more things about physics that we don't know than we do. We know nothing of dark matter or dark energy, yet they fill most of the universe.

Both the Furies (Barda and Knockout) and any Kryptonian have flesh defined by their DNA just like us, but they have a lot of extra genes that utilize bits of physics that we Earthlings have yet to discover.

Unfortunately, some people who write comic books haven't prepared a proper "operators manual", so they sometimes get characters wrong. And lets face it (I'm thinking WW now), the CGI is way easier when you're bouncing bullets off a shield than to show the dynamics of bullets hitting her body. Arms and legs and hair flying, clothing and skin rippling from the impacts, the force of a heavy machine gun knocking her around. All she had to do was to lean into and hide behind her shield while in the green room. Shield shape is easier for the CGI given it doesn't deform.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 May 2017 11:58 #54092 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Knockout and Superboy
One of the best comic of super strong female I've ever read. I just wonder whythere was no more like this since.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smashed

More
10 Jun 2017 04:22 #54637 by shevek
Replied by shevek on topic Knockout and Superboy
Knockout was in Secret Six for quite a while. She's bisexual, and while she was in the group she had a lesbian relationship with Scandal Savage (who was so enamored of her that when Knockout was killed, Scandal began a relationship with a stripper named Liana who dressed as Knockout!) and a quick fuck with Deadshot. Knockout then came back to life as a result of Scandal holding a "Get Out of Hell Free" card. Then Scandal proposed a three-way polygamous marriage between herself, Knockout and the stripper. Knockout hasn't been seen in a comic since 2011 though. One of the sexier DC characters in recent memory, though. I believe Gail Simone wrote that storyline if I'm not mistaken.

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds