Amount

Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars

16 May 2017 16:02 #54128 by Woodclaw
Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars was created by Woodclaw
Today I stumbled upon a series of three pages of a comic that was an apparent continuation of Superboy #78 (January 1960, the Super-Sister story). I don't think I've ever seen these particular pages, but I would like to know if any of you have any idea which issue they come from.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 May 2017 18:22 #54131 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars
You can't find the issue because there isn't one. it's a forgery (or rather to not use such a strong word, someone having some fun to see what it would look like).

tgcaps.com/tgc/modcomics/bobh/supersister/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw

More
16 May 2017 19:07 #54132 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: You can't find the issue because there isn't one. it's a forgery (or rather to not use such a strong word, someone having some fun to see what it would look like).

I suspected it was a fanmade material, but I think it might be a nice thing to pick up things from there ...

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 May 2017 19:22 #54133 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars

Woodclaw wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: You can't find the issue because there isn't one. it's a forgery (or rather to not use such a strong word, someone having some fun to see what it would look like).

I suspected it was a fanmade material, but I think it might be a nice thing to pick up things from there ...

It took a bit to confirm it was fanmade. I found list of all the stories in each issue of Superboy and it wasn't there. Then I thought up all the other comics it could have been part of ... and when that failed, I went through some furious Google-Fu and got lucky.

I've been sort of floundering on commission ideas and maybe something that fall into "seeing where a story would go" or are just inpired by one would be good. Just images that would be some checkpoints. (to later maybe write the full story or inspire someone else to. Since I'm such a lazy writer....)

It has worked before, with both the story and the images that went with it form Lfan's Z'upergirl story (you can see a few images inspired by in in my DA gallery). And I'll probably never stop commissioning Tlaca (I've a commission of her waiting from Barry Kitson, but it'll take a long time.)

But I agree, this sounds like a great/fiun idea to be completed.

More
16 May 2017 21:56 #54134 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Calling all the pre-Crisis scholars
I reconize the images of SuperSister. They are from a Superman comic where Myx reversed genders on everyone in the world except himself. Superman was a bad guy and Superwoman, Super
Boy and Wonderman captured and I prisoner him. Inrecognize a couple of the other shots as well.

More
16 May 2017 22:00 #54135 by ace191
The shot where Supergirl (who looks like a Superwoman in that pose) looks very familiar as well.

More
16 May 2017 22:01 #54136 by ace191
Where she has her arms crossed.

More
16 May 2017 22:04 #54137 by ace191
I y
Think the rocket splitting in two comes from a Superboy story where one is raised by the Kents and the other by a criminal set of parents.

More
16 May 2017 22:06 #54138 by ace191
The first picture may be from the story where SG went back in time to play with Superboy.

More
17 May 2017 07:36 #54142 by ace191
It was from Superboy 80 and they were playing hide and seek.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds