Amount

Punchline from Lone Star Press

13 Jul 2017 11:05 #55229 by superfunk
Punchline from Lone Star Press was created by superfunk
A new comic written Bill Williams from Lone Star Press. Probably you find nothing on the web. There is a short issue you can purchase at;

www.drivethrucomics.com/product/215964/Punchline-1

It seems that, it will have funny and entertaining storyline. Yet, nothing much inside in means of super strength. But from the cover it looks promising ! Worth to check

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• superfunk
  • superfunk's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2017 12:08 #55230 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Punchline from Lone Star Press
I so wish he would finish some of his old stuff, like Sidechicks or Amazon.

More
13 Jul 2017 22:24 #55242 by superfunk
Replied by superfunk on topic Punchline from Lone Star Press

I so wish he would finish some of his old stuff, like Sidechicks or Amazon.

Yeah, I wish the same especially for Sidechicks. It is a bit frustating that genre related independent comics won't last too long.

• superfunk
  • superfunk's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2017 15:36 #56456 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Punchline from Lone Star Press
#2 now up on Comixology....check it out!

www.comixology.com/PunchLine-2/digital-c...pc3QvUmVjZW50TGlzdDA

ELF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, TwiceOnThursdays

More
04 Oct 2017 19:19 #56460 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Punchline from Lone Star Press
immediately went and bought it. First issue was a bit slow, but seemed good (potential).

Might be a few days for me to get to it, but I'll report back what I think about it.;

OTH, it's only $1! ;-)

More
06 Oct 2017 06:45 #56488 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Punchline from Lone Star Press
I like the art in the comic, very nice.

It is still flowing along slowly, but at a good pace for me. A note that the comic has a curious mix of it being easy to learn her powers (she can fly w/o much training other than "you can fly") and not knowing how to use her powers.

I thought the framing of some panels was pretty good. I'd say Weldon's art is a strong plus for the comic, esp compared to some of the other comics where we're liking it despite the art. (You can see a sample on Comixology to decide if you like the art.)

Not too much super-femme, mostly flight and invulnerability (she tries to stop a van, and it hits her and ramps off her, she's unharmed.).

But the comic shows a lot of promise, and I like supporting things outside Marvel/DC, so I'm definitely for buying more issues and don't have any regrets so far. I'd like to think I'd have picked up this comic in the store if I'd seen it.

(I keep thinking I should start a thread of great comics for people like us, as I know we all have many things we love over the years outside of hte obvious Supgirl./power girl, etc).

I also find that I've met the letterer and have commissioned him a few times. (He does a really cute comic called "Love and Capes" that's got a Lois in Clark vibe. It's also on Comixology Members here would like Amazon and the issue where his wife gets his powers. That ones fairly obvious from the cover!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds